Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. NBara
    Started by NBara * ,

    Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me. I have passed my FIB and i have my medical next Friday (25th). My health is generally fine but i have a real worry! A few weeks ago whilst preparing for my interview i went doctors as had strange smell from ear. He said it was just build up of earwax. He said to go away, soften it up with olive oil for 4 days and then get it syringed. However, i have not had a chance to do this as i was preparing hard and could get no time off work. My hearing as far as i am aware is fine. Will this go against me?? Would i get failed or given time to get sorted if i cant get sorted in time?? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 394 views
  2. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Just got my results from the a/c i did on the 14th feb for Lincolnshire Police and failed again, got 50% overall! This is the 3rd time I've applied now and always get as far as the a/c so I'm now chucking in the towel and admitting defeat Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the help people have given.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
    jemz1546620088
  3. matt603
    Started by matt603,

    Is it just me? Or has anybody else noticed the amount of applicants who have failed by that dreaded 1%? The amount of people getting 59% and just missing out seem's unusually high! I've sat the assessment 3 times! Once for Humberside 59%, Once for GMP 59% and i'm awaiting my results for Lincolnshire! but its not just me! I know a few people who have suffered the same fate! Anyone else out there?????

    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
    jemz1546620088
  4. SME35
    Started by SME35,

    After waiting for over a year with A & S I transferred my application last month to Wiltshire who were recruiting and i've got my A/C on 24th Jan 08! How nervous and excited do I feel now!!! Anyone else got theirs then???

    • 38 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. starry
    Started by starry,

    just had my fitness test, and i was dreading the bleep test, what was i worried about? It was an absolute doddle, warmed up to level 4 got to level 6 before being stopped, could of gone on. Bad news i failed the pull by 1kg, feel absolutely gutted, back at the gym tomorrow get some kind of programme going dont know if anyone can help with any tips.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Hey all, Still no start dates yet. Hopefully April will be our lucky month. The new financial year and all. Good luck to all..

    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
  7. MRM64
    Started by MRM64 * ,

    I have applied for a Communication Operater role in the Control room at Milton Keynes,I have been successful in the initial stages of my application and am having my interview following a tour of the Control room next week. I read with interest most of the questions,answers and topics on this site which understandably mostly relate to 'front line policing', may I request any useful information relating to this type of role and interview, that may help me attend the interview fully prepared. The interview will be 'competency based' ,any advise or relevent information related to this role will be greatly appreciated. Mark

  8. glosdoorman-daz
    Started by glosdoorman-daz,

    Firstly Id like to say hi Right here is my current situation: Im 22 years old and about to turn 23 next week. I have tried a few times to apply for Gloucestershire Police Force, the first time I was turned down at the paper sift (the one which had alot of bad publicity after not one white male was accepted), second time I was unsuccessful at the assessment centre and on my third attempt I have passed the assessment centre in February scoring 67% . I have since been passed my medical exam and I am about to take the fitness test on Friday 11th April. I have been informed that if successful I could be starting my training in june :biggrin: The problem starts with my…

    glosdoorman-daz
  9. KentOfficer
    Started by KentOfficer * ,

    Hello. I am looking mainly to hear from fully fledged TVP officers, and not persons in your application/assessment stage. I dont mean this rudely but at that stage we are all buzzing with excitement and nerves and the only thing we actually know about the Police is what we have seen or Road Wars. (If you are in the process of applying or thinking about it, please don't read my post and let it put you off. It is still the best job in the world and I have made the best friends anyone could want BUT I assure you its not half as good as you think it will be when your applying) Anyway..... I’m a serving officer for Kent and have 3 years in. I work on a Core Patrol team…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
    BravoGolfCharlie1988
  10. bitsie
    Started by bitsie,

    I passed the A/C last year at wakefield and in Aug I got a letter saying that applications will be on hold until the end of march 2008, because of the review of staffing. Ive read in other posts people talking of specific numbers of intakes for this financial year. Has anyone heard anything about NYP? Also on the news, its reporting police forces arent talking on more officers in general (obviously counties are!) but because ive waited for the new financial year, im wondering if I could be in for a long long wait Any info would be appreciated, im sure there must be others in same boat bitsie2008-04-16 21:13:15

  11. iinatalieii
    Started by iinatalieii,

    Hey there, Anybody heard yet if they are in the May intake for GMP? A guy I work with had a phone call last week to tell him he was on the May intake (although it's not been confirmed in writing). I had a phone call yesterday to say they was looking at putting me on the May intake, so fingers crossed (keep thinking somethings going to go wrong). Anyone else heard anything from GMP??

    • 21 replies
    • 3.3k views
  12. wannabecop1546620180
    Started by wannabecop1546620180,

    Evening all, I have got a start date for 15th September for West mids police, wondering if someone can help me answer this question? I spoke to a friend whose seminar was last night for west mids (OCU Oldbury/Smethwick) and he informed me that the shift pattern would be 7 on and 3 off. He did not clarify the shift times or give further info. This seems a very long working week - is this a 37 hour week or more?? Can someone who was present at the seminar or is working in west mids police give me specific info!!! Appreciate any help, J

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
    HarryWestMids
  13. sheffieldlad
    Started by sheffieldlad * ,

    Hi, I am going to Ryton next week for the assessment centre and I was hoping somebody could help me out by correctly stating the most commonly used politically correct terms or words used. This would be much appreciated.

    sheffieldlad *
  14. Bunches
    Started by Bunches * ,

    Hi all, sorry if its already been asked but here we go: I know that the resilience Q in the app is the personal reponsibility Q in the interview but thibg ids im struggling to find an example. its not that i dont have examples because i have loads i just need to be put on track with the sort of Questions they might be asking me. i know you cant tell me what they ask but can anyone give me a hint so i can head down the right track? thanks alot!

    • 3 replies
    • 309 views
    Sierra Lima +
  15. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    Good Eevening, Im a serving Special Constable for Hampshire constabulary and have recently been getting headaches, light headed and feeling sick. I've had it 2 or 3 times now over the space of 2 months. I went to the doctors today who said it COULD be diabeties. If this is the case am i doomed to carry on as a special or join up full time? Im hoping its nothing much but knowing my luck it will probably be bad. Any help appreciated Daryl

    • 9 replies
    • 595 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.