Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. slad3y
    Started by slad3y,

    Hello everyone, I applied to the Met back in November and about 6 weeks ago I received my letter confirming that I had passed the paper sift and that they would be in touch shortly to arrange my A/C date. Now I know it can take a long time for things to happen, but what with the website being down for so long I'm beginning to get a bit anxious that they haven't been able to contact me. Has anyone else heard anything back who applied a similar time to me? Many thanks, Lee

    • 12 replies
    • 1.9k views
    looneytune1546620105
  2. LouM
    Started by LouM,

    Hello, Just checking if anyone is going to Hendon on Monday??? im really nervous and excited at the same time. Well good luck to all who are taking the A/C across the country. Lou

  3. bcs
    Started by bcs * ,

    WooHoo! Start with Tayside on 29 April!

  4. wannabecop1546620180
    Started by wannabecop1546620180,

    Hello guys and gals! Ive been a regular reader of this site for the past 12 months now but this is my first post.I had my fitness test friday 4th april for west midlands police and passed Im over the moon as it has been a long wait.Im just waiting to hear from the recruitment department for a start date.Ive been told that as i have holiday booked for august that the next start date would be september 15th. Bit of a pain really but whats another few months.Just want to say to everyone who posts on here that i have found the advice very helpful both the positive and negative aspects so thanks very much. JASE********* :whistle2:

  5. Decision240
    Started by Decision240,

    Hi all, been reading posts on here for a couple of months now. As Im now starting in a couple of months thought I post and say hi! It may be a strange question before even starting however my friend is wanting to book a holiday for late june/july. Can anyone give me any feedback on the posibilites of holidays in the first few months of my start date. Responses are appreciated. p.s I'll be joining west yorkshire in the Wakefield Area!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Big Tony
    Started by Big Tony,

    Hello All, I have been reading the various posts from the eager people applying to join the various forces and feel like it would be a good area to meet new people and say hello. I am currently serving in the RAF and am due to leave the Service in Oct 08. I went to an Events Centre back in Sep 07 and as a consequence, ended up applying for the MPS. I heard in Jan 08 that I had been successful in my application and that I was a grade A candidate, apparently putting me in the top 3%! I've just got my notice to go for my Day 1 Assessment Centre on Fri 02 May 08 at 0800hrs and to be honest, I'm really nervous and don't know what to expect. I have read all of the vario…

  7. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I have my final interview with GMP in the next month or two and I was thinking about spending some time with the force to get an idea of the problems, challenges etc and to use in my interview. Can anyone who has done a shift with their local force explain how they went about arranging it? Do you contact the police station of your choice or the force HQ?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all, another question ! Do I need to take a passport with me ? Anything else you should take ? Thankyou again !! One day I will stop asking question :whistle2: Mark

    • 8 replies
    • 398 views
  9. James2
    Started by James2,

    Hi, I'm 15 years old and have been contemplating joining the force. Just out of interest, how long does the training for a police officer generally last? And what exactly does it entail? This isn't a very long post/question, but I would greatly appreciate your answers. thanks for your time.

    • 2 replies
    • 783 views
  10. DumpyStig
    Started by DumpyStig,

    Ello all... A few of us were thinking about meeting up on the 11th April for a drink/get together to celebrate. Any on interested in coming, PM me and we can sort something out (time place etc..) We've got about 4 or 6 of us going, but if we can get more, the better. Hopefully, see ys there!!! Steve

    • 1 reply
    • 563 views
  11. blacklilac
    Started by blacklilac * ,

    Hi All I have been reading this forum since december and would like to thank you all for all the help and advice that i have read over the past few months. I passed my A/C in march and now have the date for my medical. I am a little concerned though. I had post natal depression following the birth of my first son 11 years ago.i was prescribed medication and was back to normal(?) within 6 months. I went back to my gp in 2004/5 with mild depression and again prescribed medication and was deemed fit again 6 months later. I obviously have declared all this on my medical questionnaire, but after reading some of the posts here am begining to think that i may very well fai…

    • 3 replies
    • 494 views
  12. steveo9161546620191
    Started by steveo9161546620191 * ,

    I would like to become a traffic cop. Does anyone know the procedure once you have been accepted into the force and completed your initial training.

    • 3 replies
    • 785 views
    Traffic Rat +
  13. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all, Wonder if you can help me !!! For the written part, do you have to lay the letter out like a real formal letter and what is the other written test - is it a memo ? If so, how are memos laid out ? Thankyou for your help !!!! Mark

    • 6 replies
    • 350 views
  14. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello, thankyiu all for your replies !! As Tony22 states - you no longer write letters - instead you have to produce two proposals ? Anyone know what a porposal is and how they are laid out, alos do they conatin the same type of inforamtion that a letter wouls include ? Thankyou very much for your time, Mark

    • 2 replies
    • 226 views
  15. mjeone
    Started by mjeone,

    It's been some time since I last posted, in truth I'd given up and started another career type job as I was so sick of the waiting, but then yesterday bingo a contract landed on my door mat. I start with West mercia on the 16th of June!!!! If there is anyone else here starting then drop me a line.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.