Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi everyone, Got my fitness test on monday, what do most people wear when they turn up for the fitness test? Do most people tend to wear suits and get changed into sports wear or shall i just wear sports/casual clothes. Personnally I dont see the point of getting dressed up if im going there to do a fitness test! Thanks in advance

    • 7 replies
    • 462 views
    Wiley1546620145
  2. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone here has applied to any forces fast track career development program? I am trying to find out what it entails, and how is structured during and beyond proabation? Thanks Jon

    • 9 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Performance_Pursuit
  3. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    Hi to anyone who is at Ryton on 6th march i'm there too so post and join me in getting nervous and excited

    • 7 replies
    • 500 views
  4. iorddonen
    Started by iorddonen,

    Hi there, I was wondering if anyone knew what the situation was with changing the constabulary you apply to. I am from South Wales and I’ve applied to Kent police. Due to a change in my personal circumstances It’s looking unlikely that ill be able to move to Kent. What’s the likely hood of being able to transfer the application that I’ve passed to another constabulary? Many thanks Iorddonen

    • 4 replies
    • 823 views
  5. pk850
    Started by pk850,

    is there anyone who would be able to tell me what the fitness standards are for the mod police?? i can't find them anywhere cheers

  6. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    Hi does anyone have a web link to the syllabus for the interview questions? I know it was on the West Mids site but that is down at the moment. I was also advised that it was on the Centrex site but i cant find it Much Appreciated W

    • 3 replies
    • 389 views
  7. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Hi All, A/C next week Just wondered, can you take a bag around with you during the assessment? And, do you have time to check any notes? Also, can you take a bottle of water around with you? I have quite a few notes, interview questions etc. and just wondering if I take these in, will I have any chance to cram in between tasks?

    • 5 replies
    • 381 views
  8. DumpyStig
    Started by DumpyStig,

    Ello guys (and indeed, quite literally, gals)... Been in contact with a few applicants on here (and on 'another forum'... ) regarding a May 12 th start date for Northants police. With the induction in April, we were wondering if anyone would like to join us for a 'meet & greet' before the actual induction? Maybe a drink or 2? So far, there's 4 of us agreed to it, and we know there's 18 on our intake... so where's the other 14 of you hiding?? Would be nice to meet up before hand if possible, seeing as we're going to be working fairly closely together... Any one else up for it, leave a reply here or pm me. If not... see you in May (oh... and congrats to you all!!…

    • 2 replies
    • 512 views
  9. Arksos1546620039
    Started by Arksos1546620039,

    Hi all, just yesterday handed my medical questionaire to my G.P's secretary, She said it will cost over £20, and may take couple of days, but because its easter nearly it may take longer to get the doctor to do it. On average how long does it take people to hear back? And how much does it usualy cost them? Im doing the TVP app, Cheers.

    • 39 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Waiting over the 6 week time period for a date for my final inteview with GMP n received a letter from them yesterday saying that they are very sorry about the delay, but due to the high volume of applicants within the system I many have not received a date as of yet. They basically went on to say that I have not been forgotten about and will be givin a date very shortly. Nice of them to keep us informed rather than just guessing and wandering what is goin on, so for anyone else who hasn't received a date yet, dont fear !!! lol

    • 6 replies
    • 562 views
  11. boxman801546620126
    Started by boxman801546620126,

    Hi there, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but could someone give me a rough estimate of how the PIRT day will be broken down and roughly how long each test/subtest will take? I've only just received my letter informing me that I will be invited to the PIR test centre soon, so I haven't received any specific information about the event yet, but I want a good head start for preparation. I'm aware the assessments take around 5 hours, but I would like have a break down of what kind of times each assessment takes in order to prepair fully. Thanks in advance John

    • 2 replies
    • 327 views
    boxman801546620126
  12. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Gradually preparing for final interview with GMP (no date yet) and i started thinking about a few answers. I think that like most interviews they will ask about hobbies and what I do in my spare time. The thing is, I play ice hockey which most people will know is a high contact, rough sport. If I tell them i play will they adopt the idea that I have a high chance of being injured and could ultimately result in time off work? Obviously proving to be a less suitable candidate? Any idea's guys?

    • 2 replies
    • 313 views
  13. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all - a/c 9th april !! Too say im very scared would be an understatement !! Always wanted to be a police officer have been a special now for just under a year but am dying to be a regular !! I wonder if anyone can help me on respect for race and diversity ? I know what it is - but how do you emphasize this point during the a/c ? its hard to explain what i mean !! Thankyou all for your time ! Mark

    • 4 replies
    • 450 views
  14. Vic Mackey
    Started by Vic Mackey,

    Phew, finally, I'm in!! Got my contracts this morning, signed and hand delivered them 30 mins ago. Booked the Uniform and ID Fitting for the 12th April. And also booked onto the Induction evening on 14th April. It's been a long road, but boy, am I glad it's over. PS - Have we had any more volunteers for our drinky poohs before the Induction evening (all welcome who can make it, even surrounding forces as we may be working together at some point!).. Josh

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. ab1982
    Started by ab1982,

    YAY! Finally got my start date through for Devon & Cornwall Constabulary + my collar number too...very exciting and very "Its really happening" too. If anybody is starting their training on the 12th May at Middlemoor then give me a shout and i'll see you there! Cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 2.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.