Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TSF
    Started by TSF,

    Hi all, i am going to apply to join GMP, does anybody know if you can have a mock fitness test anywhere? thanks tom.

  2. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I passed the TVP AC!!! Found out today.... its the best feeling! Anybody else pass from that week??? I was just wondering how long people joining TVP waited for the fitness test after there results??

    • 3 replies
    • 872 views
  3. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi guys, I'm currently completing the NOS phase of my SOLAP and i'm sstruggling to get a hard copy of it to use at home. I can use the intranet at work and type up my work there but I cant save a copy to for instance, a memory stick as they're blocked from being used and for some reason I cant email it to my home address. Basically, has anyone got a copy they could email me please? Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 3.7k views
  4. BlankMind
    Started by BlankMind,

    Are there any policies relating to people applying to my local force? I was told today by my girlfriends aunt, that the police don't recruit local people. Possibly because they may know people that they are dealing with on a personal level. Is this true?

    • 5 replies
    • 668 views
  5. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi, I got my Lincs medical date through the other day, anybody else going on the 10th April? I have got to be there for 13.30 to fill in forms.

    • 6 replies
    • 635 views
  6. Gerd
    Started by Gerd,

    Got a call yesterday confirming a medical date, so I asked what it involved and was told eyesight, hearing test etc. Why will my eyesight be tested a 2nd time? Once by an optician for the medical forms and again by Police Occupational Health unit at the medical. The optician said I had near perfect vision and filled the form out as required.

    • 5 replies
    • 552 views
  7. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Hello all, my first post on here. I recently decided to apply for the Met. I've been gearing myself up for the process but something has just occurred to me. About a month ago I went to the doctor to query a slight discomfort I've been suffering in my knee. The doctor said it might be something called Chondromalacia. I'm very active. I run, skip, cycle 20 miles a day, swim and do a martial art. The doctor warned me not to overtrain and now I've cut it back the pain has gone. Will this affect my application? I'm really nervous about it.

    • 17 replies
    • 813 views
  8. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    Is it likely they will be recruiting for regulars in the next three years? Only I heard they'd got themselves into a bit of debt. If not, then it looks like I may have to look at a different force.

    • 4 replies
    • 779 views
  9. daybo
    Started by daybo,

    Please could someone help? I am a TVP officer who has put in for a transfer to Herts. Does anyone know what the interview is like and has anyone tranfered to Herts. Thanks, Daybo

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. chele
    Started by chele,

    Hi all Im new to the forum. I am attending a seminar for Leicestershire police next week and it says on the website, that they will not hand out application forms on the night but all candidates will be invited to sit a brief assessment test to determine their suitability to commence the application process. What does this involve? Is their anything that i can revise or look at to help me pass the assessment? Don't want to go unprepared, so any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chele

  11. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    Hello I'm working on my answer to the race and diversity question. I've got a fairly good example but the person I dealt with was making the offensive comment to me at work where noone else could overhear. Looking at the competencies required standards this example rules out a lot of ticks that might have been on offer had the circumstances been slightly different...what am I asking is: should I rack my brains for a different example? All opinions welcome. Thank you.

    • 6 replies
    • 837 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  12. luckylauz
    Started by luckylauz,

    Hi all! I have my Met a/c on Tuesday the 18th, anyone else on that day to share my nerves with!

    • 7 replies
    • 919 views
  13. SeanT
    Started by SeanT * ,

    Hi guys, First time poster, long time reader. For the past few years I've been fairly certain that the police force was for me. I'm 21 and just about to graduate from uni in Manchester with a degree in Languages and Business. I plan on applying either next year or the year after depending on how my travelling goes. Are any of you guys graduates in the force? Did it help your application or does personal merit and experience have far greater weight? I also understand there is a graduate scheme, which according to the official website seems to be under review. Could anyone elaborate further? Many thanks, Sean

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Northern  B
    Started by Northern B,

    Hi - Passed the assessment centre for TVP in Sept, and am awaiting dates for fitness test etc. Anyone else in the same position? Emailed HQ to find out likely timescale (as I am currently TVP Staff it's a bit easier to find out what's going on...) - told that there is a medical form on the way to me, which I complete & then pass on to my GP, who then sends it to Occy Health, who then decide if / when the fitness test is (& the medical follows if the fitness test is ok). However, no indication of timescales or when the intake / starting dates are. Does anyone know when TVP are likely to do the above? Can I 'expect' to start this side of Christmas (if all goes wel…

  15. Carlx
    Started by Carlx,

    I am applying for West Midlands police force, and am filling out the application form. Firstly, i am concerned with a speeding offence i received 4 years ago, along with being pulled over for supposedly speeding in January this year. The offence 4 years ago was a £60 and 3 points. I was pulled over for the same offence January 2008, however i have contended the ticket as i was not speeding, and the 2 officers contradicted one another by claiming i was speeding on 2 separate roads, however i was in heavy traffic and had no physical way to exceed the 40mph limit. - Now i have received my licence back and have not been contacted with any further information regarding goi…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.