Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. JD11546620185
    Started by JD11546620185,

    Morning All, I have just a general question which someone may or may not be able to help me with. I am hoping to put my letter of application in to the Met over the next couple weeks and I have been doing a bit of research on the training schedule. From what I understand at the moment for the Met the schedule goes thus: 6 weeks at Hendon for initial training followed by a further period of 25wks at the Borough training school or posted Station. Does anyone know at what stage shfit work and street/response patrols would be carried out? Would this happen during the 25wk period at Borough Training School or would that wait until I had been posted to my home station. I kno…

    • 1 reply
    • 515 views
    fisher1546080989
  2. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Hi all Could anyone tell me what the shift patterns are for officers in Derbyshire? (Probationers and sworn officers).

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Davyc
    Started by Davyc,

    Hi everyone, my names is Dave and I have been notified last week I have passed the Application for Cleveland Police - I am now waiting for A/C dates. Can anyone please advise me on what I have to brush up on!!! its been a long time for me personally since I had to rely on Maths and English so if anyone can help me on what I need to maybe read or what the tests are like, I would appreciate it. Also, I am looking at the courses available to help me prep for the A/C - again, can anyone advise me??? hope I have not asked too much, its just that this is probably my one and only attempt at this and I am desperate to get myself a worthwhile career. I just don't really know where…

    canibacopperpls
  4. Rob L
    Started by Rob L,

    My letter of confirmation arrived in the post yesterday! Over the moon!!!! I have my collar number and area information and start on the 12th May, Can’t wait!!! Anyone else heard from them??

  5. steveo9161546620191
    Started by steveo9161546620191 * ,

    A mate of mine is already a serving officer and has tried to arrange an observer shift for me, but i got no confirmation at all. Today i rang Winchester HQ and when they tried to transfer me to my local station it ended up being the builder centre for some reason. So i called my mate to try and get a direct number for the personnel office at my local station but they do have one so he left a message with them to call me to arrange the shift, but still no communication from them. So can anybody help me, where do i go from here.

    • 1 reply
    • 515 views
    jemz1546620088
  6. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    i have a question: I've just got my application form (it doesn't say when it needs to be back by!), but i was wondering: if I pass the papersift is that the point I get a date for an assessment or do I get told I've passed and then have to wait for a a/c date? I'm still trying to get my head around the whole process! Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 911 views
  7. Top of the World
    Started by Top of the World,

    Don't know if this is the right forum, buuuut, i'm 17 and won't be appyling for a couple of years, maybe, but my question is, If you pass everything, do you get to choose where you are stationed? If i'm in Herts do i get any sort of choice in the matter on whereabouts in the whole of Herts i will be?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Just wondering what recruitment say in this regard. Im awaiting my final interview as a PC and am just temping in a job that is so mundane at the moment its ridiculous! Is it possible to submit an application to the police staff/admin vacancies whilst im already midway through my PC application? Reason being is im not sure a PC role is for me, yes i know i know for the final interview i cant show that this is the case before the panel, but im really in two minds as to what is for me could just be mixture of emotions as ive been waiting so dam long and some of the stories you hear n see - maybe im becoming to realise whats "actually" involved in becoming a PC Anyo…

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  9. WilliamTaylor14
    Started by WilliamTaylor14,

    This is my first topic and I would like to say hello to everyone reading! I am 16 and I really want to join the police force. The problem however is I have no idea what to do/where to start. I am about to take my GCSEs, but what do I do after this? I am sorry about posting it in this section, but I am not sure where this sort of problem should go. Should I just do GCSEs and gain some experiance in jobs untill I am old enough to join? Should I do A-levels, and if I get the grades, University? Thank you for reading

    Panther331546081361
  10. Curious_cat

    I'm seriously thinking about applying to join the London Met later this year, and I'd really appreciate any advice that people already working in the police might have, especially female officers. There are a few things that I think enthusiasm probably can't cancel out: * I'm a 22 year old girl. I don't have a very clear idea of how women's experiences differ in the police, but I have a suspicion that I might be sidelined in certain situations because I'm a woman. I'd love it if anyone could convince me I'm wrong about this. * I'm a skinny 5 foot 4" and I'm worried that I would be a hindrance to colleagues in tough physical situations. * I have a good degree in Englis…

  11. Panther33
    Started by Panther33,

    Hey all. When Your issued with a Baton, are they given to you before duty and taken at the end of the shift? Or Do you hang on to them? Im which case, if you have to take your uniform and stuff home, does the baton have to stay at the station, or can you take it home? Thanks, MKB

  12. KarenT1546620170
    Started by KarenT1546620170,

    Hi, I have to be at the fitness test for 8.30, how long does it go on for?

    • 6 replies
    • 417 views
  13. WetBehindTheEar
    Started by WetBehindTheEar,

    ..has finally arrived Day 1 of training as a full police officer. Monday morning 9am. 1.) I'm not nervous as such just hope that I can keep up with things 'academically' 2) Hopefully I don't look like something from Hitlers Youth with my new Magums, crisp white shirt and pressed black trousers 3.) My mini essay (1000 words) on the trials and tribulations of my local area is up to scratch and doesn't get me a reprimand on the first day !! Oh the excitement..

    • 1 reply
    • 329 views
  14. canibacopperpls
    Started by canibacopperpls,

    I know it must take such a long time to process everyone and i fully appreciate that, i guess its all about patience.Oh well it could be worse i dont mind waiting if i get in.Has anyone heard any info about essex recruitment or is it all bad news ? canibacopperpls2008-04-24 21:31:29

  15. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hey everyone, Got my fitness on mon and haven't done a bleep test before. At the gym I normally run for about 20-25 mins on 11.5kph which normally works out to be around 5k mark about 2-3 times a week. Im pretty sure i could run for a fair bit longer but normally get bored after this time and move on to weights etc. If i can run for the above length of time etc would this indicate that i should be ok for the bleep test? Iv noticed from this forum that people seem to say the standard required is fairly low. Thanks people

    • 17 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.