Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi there, does anyone know if Wiltshire have a formal interview?

    • 2 replies
    • 451 views
    Andi1546620193
  2. iain1973
    Started by iain1973,

    can anyone tell me what the shift pattern for derbyshire constabulary is? and also, can anyone tell me where the classroom based training is carried out and is it a degree course and if so, to what level? thankyou

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    sykes1545925530
  3. Louise0106
    Started by Louise0106,

    I am currently going through the training to join as a special constable and im a little bit unsure of what kind of boots im looking for. Its Central Scotland Police that im joining and so I was wondering if anyone can give me recommendations on what kind to get, also are we allowed boots which have steel capped toes?? Any help would be greatly appreciated Louise

    • 7 replies
    • 571 views
  4. olimorgan
    Started by olimorgan,

    Got my AC 1st May and the roleplays are the one thing I am properly worried about. Main things are: 1.) If I don't say the right thing and they can only say specific lines do they just look blank at you till you DO say the right thing. 2.) What to say if I've forgotten something out of the preperation. 3.) Whilst I can always challenge offensive behaviour etc and be empathic etc just don't like the thought of not knowing whats coming when they can't have a proper conversation, just a scripted one where I don't know what they're allowed to say. Someone ease my worries please

    • 3 replies
    • 464 views
  5. JM53172
    Started by JM53172 * ,

    hi there i have just passed my a/c centre with a mark of 62% but i am a bit worried about my medical. About a year ago i went to the doctors about my anxiety and he prescribed me anti-depressants and beta blockers basically to calm me down, i was in no way depressed just slightly anxious in some situations, i am over it now and have been clear of the pills for about 4-5 months. what do people think the verdict will be from any past expereicnes? James

    • 4 replies
    • 375 views
    Foxtrot_oscar
  6. ChrisDownes
    Started by ChrisDownes,

    Having transferred my Cheshire application over to GMP a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from GMP recruitment on Friday asking if I can attend Sedgley for interview on 15th April. I'm sure the interview will be similar to the final interview I successfully passed with Cheshire, I just need to read up on GMP. I know you cant say exactly, but what (ish) do they ask at interview? Do they give you situation examples and ask how you would deal with them etc? Whilst speaking to recruitment on Friday, they did inform me that should I be successful, there are intakes in Aug and Oct, and they will be looking at putting me on one of those

    • 15 replies
    • 645 views
  7. awjross
    Started by awjross,

    I have finally got through the entire selection process for the WMP, I first applied when I was 18, I am now 25! It is such a huge relief and my Family are so pleased too! For years now I have heard the words 'Have you heard anything yet? Have you passed?, They are taking their time!' Finally I can now say: YES I have heard, and I start very soon! Just wanted to spread my joy on here! No doubt i will come out with the questions as time goes by.

  8. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Hello, Had a vetting interview today; all went well, although the interviewer threw in a great Colombo "oh, just one more thing..." at the end. I got confirmation the next Devon & Cornwall Assessment centre is September/October.

    • 6 replies
    • 458 views
  9. SAMMYD
    Started by SAMMYD,

    Hello Mods, any chance you can clean this section up? There are a lot of posts and threads from soon to be Bobbies, rather than actual student officers/probies. Sorry to moan

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Had my A/C today at 1350hrs - home now at 1800hrs. Had to travel to Coventry ! Think i failed it though, I prepared so much and was happy with the work I had done but I certainly wont be getting my hopes up. It means so much to me, so I think if I assume I failed then it wont be quite as bad if I actually do !! If you know whwat I mean. Thankyou to all of you fro your help and support too !! Mark

    • 8 replies
    • 535 views
  11. george_2oo8
    Started by george_2oo8,

    Hello Everyone I have got my A/C on the 26th of april 2008 so hopefully i pass that, but i was just wondering in 2004 i had a car crash and broke my leg and my arm on the left side and i have got plates in both my leg and arm. I am fully fit, i go the gym reguarly and can stand/Walk for long periods of time. But i was just wondering because of my past injuries would this fail me at the medical. thanks George

    • 3 replies
    • 571 views
  12. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Hi all, I bought the 'police selection process' book and dvd and it worked as i passed. I bought, 'preparing for police duty' and that is very good also. BUT... For recent West Midlands recruits, do you get given anymore when you start training? I was thinking of buying 'police operational handbook', but i have read that some people have bought books and then been given them on day one. Shall i just buy it anyway and get a headstart?

  13. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    Hey!! I Have my fitness test for GMP on the 23rd April, Im gonna be fine with the bleep test and to be honest I think I'll be ok with the strength however, on lots of these posts people are saying that its all about technique and not how much weight you can push/pull. what exactly is the technique?? please help!!! Joanne

    • 10 replies
    • 705 views
  14. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    I'm currently waiting for an assessment centre date with Merseyside and have heard through the grapevine that it could be around June time. If this is the case II'm a little concerned because I go on holiday to Dubai from the 12th until the 20th. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a dilemma like this? I'm not worrying at this moment in time as I may be ok but what if I am given a date when I am away can I do it at another time or would I have to cancel my holiday? I am desperate to do another assessment centre as I failed my last one by 2% and was gutted but I've just paid £1250 for my holiday and can't afford to be throwing money like that away. Any advice or…

    • 4 replies
    • 841 views
  15. APR01
    Started by APR01,

    Hi guys. Im currently going through basic training in the Royal Navy but its not what i really want to do, as i have always wanted to be a police officer but had planned to do it after my naval career. After much thinking i have decided i want to go for it now, so want to leave the Navy now and apply. My question is, will it go against me that i have left the Navy early, as i have only completed four weeks basic. Would it look like i lacked commitment or would this not be an issue? many thanks

    • 19 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.