Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. WilliamTaylor14
    Started by WilliamTaylor14,

    Hello! Sorry I am about to take my GCSEs and i was wondering what grades or level of education people have. I am not the best student, however I work hard. My dream is to be in the policeforce, but will that fact I am not a straight A student hamper my chances?

  2. scottycop
    Started by scottycop,

    Hi I'm applying to the met, I have my form yet to complete it though. 5 years ago when I was at uni in Newcastle, I was caution with theft, basically I was getting semi bullied at work by a colleague (I worked PT in a local bar), as I was 18 just new to the area and to this girl I was an easy target. In an act of revenge, I decided to take her trainers, basically, I was tracked down by the police the next day, I admitted everything and that was that. Since I had no previous they caution me. At uni, I had my uni address obviously, and I also gave them my 'home' address. My home address now has changed, and I no longer live in Newcastle. This might be a stupid…

  3. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    hi there, currently trying to apply for GMP. i smoke about 20 cigs a day.. i still consider myself quite a fit person but i really do need to stop smoking. anybody got any ideas on how anything can help me stop. not had 1 today though, just been using an inhilator thing which ha helped a lot but I'm still dying for a cig.

    • 10 replies
    • 427 views
  4. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    hey was wondering if anyone else from the forums is going to the recruitment seminar for new recruits tommorow at Tally ho? or people who have been to previous ones, what can you expect?

    • 3 replies
    • 951 views
  5. JM53172
    Started by JM53172 * ,

    hi guys if you fail your medical what happens? do you have to go back to stage 1 or would the assesment centre mark carry over until you are able to pass your medical?

    • 4 replies
    • 452 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  6. russellcrocker
    Started by russellcrocker,

    Had my letter from Hampshire inviting me to the assessment day, it also says about attending a shift as a civilian observer. Ive spoken to somebody in recruitment and they said I could arrange it over the pone as I dont live in Hampshire. So I called the main switch board to be put through to Southampton central, got put through to somebody in admin but they had no idea of what to do or who i need to speak to. Does anybody know who i need to speak to?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
    russellcrocker
  7. Martin11546620194
    Started by Martin11546620194 * ,

    Hi all, i have my fitness test this week then could be on the intake for June. I have been a special for about 18 months. Im 42 now and have worked for the local authority for 14yrs. I have done various jobs but nothing too taxing on the old brain, driving warehouse and basic admin and housing support jobs. I've never been to uni and only did CSE's at school (the older ones will know this), however i did do an access course about 6yrs ago. The nerves are now setting in and im concerned that i will struggle with the uni part of the course and also how i will cope doing the job as a reg, despite the specials work i did as i never managed to get to involved due to my hours a…

    • 3 replies
    • 601 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  8. IrishCop
    Started by IrishCop,

    I left Ireland a long time ago and became an IrishCop in another part of the world but I have always held an interest in Irish Policing and its history. I was against the name change from RUC to PSNI, simply for historical reasons, for I have no time for politics in Northern Ireland. The possibility of some politican worrying about having too many Catholics in the police force is something I guess could only happen in Northern Ireland. Here is the news report, http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/39Scrap-PSNI39s-5050-before-it39s.3972734.jp

  9. WilliamTaylor14
    Started by WilliamTaylor14,

    Hello! Sorry I am about to take my GCSEs and i was wondering what grades or level of education people have. I am not the best student, however I work hard. My dream is to be in the policeforce, but will that fact I am not a straight A student hamper my chances?

    • 2 replies
    • 396 views
  10. george_2oo8
    Started by george_2oo8,

    Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone can help me on the westshire centre booklet as i dont know the best way to revise the information. I have got my A/C on the 26th of april 2008 and i need all the information and tips i can to pass the assesment centre. I had apllied 2 years ago for counstable and had my A/C and failed and i want to do the best i can this time, but i dont know no how about revising for the interview,roleplay and written exercises. I have applied this time as a PCSO, i want to do this role so i can gain valuble experience so i can then reapply for counstable in a couple of years, so please any help is very much appreciated. thanks george

    • 19 replies
    • 7.4k views
  11. heather871546620155
    Started by heather871546620155,

    I am due to start training on Monday and have a couple questions regarding the car insurance. How important is it to change your insurance policy to included business purpose and what happens if you don't change it?

  12. WilliamTaylor14
    Started by WilliamTaylor14,

    I had an operation on my shoulder and it has decreased the movement in it. I am training it up and it has nearly become like the other one now. I am only 16 so I have plenty of time for it to heal, however I was just wondering, will this restick me joining the force? As I said it is getting better and I am going to the gym to strengthen it up.

    • 4 replies
    • 595 views
    PC Peter Ness
  13. WilliamTaylor14
    Started by WilliamTaylor14,

    Hello! Sorry I am about to take my GCSEs and i was wondering what grades or level of education people have. I am not the best student, however I work hard. My dream is to be in the policeforce, but will that fact I am not a straight A student hamper my chances?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. Totally Crushed
    Started by Totally Crushed,

    I know that loads of people are saying the same thing, and i'm very glad to find out that I am not alone but I have to say that I am devestated that I have just had my aplication terminated right at the last hurdle. like a few of you have already expressed, I too just found out last night that my security vetting has failed. I don't understand? I have given the vetters all the information about me that I know of and if it got me through the paper application stage then what on earth could have possibly gone wrong now? I contacted the department that the recuitment dept told me to call this morning, and just like most of you, they told me that they could not tell me over …

  15. policeeee
    Started by policeeee,

    Hi every one Had my MET assessment centre today and I think I made a propper dogs bum of it. I completely messed up the role plays. First one was ok seemed to solve the problem but it all went down hill from there. Got completly tounge tied a felt like I was gibbering on about nothing. One thing though I chalenged every derogetory comment so hopefully will get a couple of marks for that. Just got to hang on a couple of weeks for the results.

    • 8 replies
    • 938 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.