Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Rolfe

    hi all is there anyone about that is due to start with the mod in may? or anyone that i doing or has done the course that can give me some info on the training and the job! :sweatingbullets:

  2. Hopefully!
    Started by Hopefully!,

    Any last Minute tips for my WMP assessment 2moro? Im getting nervous!! Thanks :-)

  3. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I Worked mine out to be 1025 for 3 years! But if I work out over each year seperate, not one goes over 50. I know thames valley have a max of 300. But does anyone know if thats for each seperate year or a total over 3yrs?

    • 5 replies
    • 558 views
  4. Veritas1546620195
    Started by Veritas1546620195 * ,

    I was wondering if someone can help me. I applied back in October to Lancashire Constabulary, sucessfully passed the paper sift phase and was given a date for my A/C. However, after much thought I decided to cancel my application and wait until Merseyside Police were recruiting, again as this is my local force. If I did get into Lancs some of the commutes could have been quite long depending on where I was posted. I have seen on the Merseyside website that they are beginning recruiting again on Monday and I plan to apply. However, I was wondering whether my previous application with Lancs would count against me. As I said, I passed the first phase but cancelled the app…

    • 2 replies
    • 428 views
  5. spamdy
    Started by spamdy,

    How big should it be? Any suggestions? Is my old lacrosse kit bag ok for this?

  6. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    I had my fitness in february and passed it, handed in all my vetting forms and what have you, and not heard anything since. Has anybody heard about there medical dates yet? Also, is there anyway you can check the progress of your vetting forms? thanks all

    BiggySmalls *
  7. sheffieldlad
    Started by sheffieldlad * ,

    hi, just wondering if anyone could say if the competency questions at the assessment centre are the same question they ask at the initial application form stage. I know there are 7 competencies you have to answer within 4 questons but i dont know if or not I should use the answers i gave on my application. Also, would smart casual be ok as a dress code ie no tie and jacket.Thanks.

  8. J18
    Started by J18,

    i'm an 18 year old lad in my final term of college and finally applying to the police! i've known it's what i have wanted to do for a while now and i'm in the process of filling out my application form i'm being pushed to go to uni from all angles and in a sense i think i probably should, just for something to fall back on or even simply to get those valuable "life experiences" haha however it's really not what i want to do and i think i need to stand my ground on this one! i've started writing out the answers to put in my application form so that i'm ready when the next recruitment phase comes around (soon i hope) and looking at it i feel as though i've got a consid…

    • 10 replies
    • 638 views
  9. online24
    Started by online24,

    Hi, Was just wondering if anyone has heard anything when applying in the recent recrutiment window?

    • 1 reply
    • 467 views
  10. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Had my uniform fitted today. Does that mean i am basically in? thanks

  11. sparky1545925574
    Started by sparky1545925574,

    Hi All, Would anyone be so kind to help me understand why I failed my vetting. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I received a letter from the Vetting Officer for the Constabulary I applied for - It states my failure relates to a third party, of which they are unable to disclose, however they have highlighted it is someone with an unspent convictions or cautions for recordable offences. The letter then goes into detail explaining who is checked - Spouse or partner, close relatives such as parents, in-laws, siblings or others residing with me. This is where I am confused, all of my close family (parents and brothe…

    sparky1545925574
  12. nitti
    Started by nitti * ,

    Hi, I was in the process of applying in March to become a Police Officer with GMP but they moved the deadline for applications from 31/3 to the 6/3 due to the high number of applicants. I desperately want to become a Police Officer & was wondering if anyone knows when they will be accepting new applications ? do they have a set number of recruitment events each year or do they recruit as needs must ? I am assuming that if enough applicants from March backwards are unsuitable they will start to take new applications again ? If anyone knows please let me know Cheers,

    • 1 reply
    • 422 views
  13. lanab
    Started by lanab,

    i have just failed the papersift for GMP which obviously i am upset bit i could kick myself as it was down to grammar! not the actual compentencies( i was amazed!) anyways i am a bit confused. in the letter it says i can re apply in 6 months but the thing that is confusing me is does that mean i cannot apply to any force for 6 months? or just GMP which i intially failed with. i have heard different things and i have a friend whose in the MET and they have said as far as they know its just GMP i cant apply too until the 6 months is over. any other force is fine? please someone clear this up for me as i would rather know the facts before i do anything more!! thanks f…

    • 3 replies
    • 376 views
    jemz1546620088
  14. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Is it true what i am hearing? People are being given start dates, they are handing in thier notices at work and then they are failing vetting?

  15. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    Just wondering if any of you can help me?? I recieved in the post a conditional offer of employment for Essex Police and have now had my uniform fitted and a stat date of june 9th. But today i have recieved a letter saying that once they have a place they will write to me with a conditional offer. Have they just made a admin error? Also does that basically mean that i am in now? thanks for eading and replying!!

    • 2 replies
    • 466 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.