Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    When i started my application i came in at just under 18 on the bmi (I'm 6.4/6.5). Recently i realised i needed to get it sorted out and started going the gym eating loads and taking protain shakes. I put on a stone and got to 18.7 (minimum bmi for an "average" person is 18.4). Chuffed to bits i went to my pre-medical to be told the police go off a "home office standard" of 19 minimum. I will prob have my medical in the next 3-4 weeks apparently and although i am steadily gaining i'm worried i won't reach the weight and have been told if i don't i'll get deferred . What is the best thing to do on the day to go weighing as much as possible? i was thinking fry up and litre…

    • 32 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    i had a motorbike accident last year which left me with a painful left shoulder and neck and im still waiting for treatment for my arm, occ health said that they woul have to defer my application for a year if it was not resolved! Well yesterday i was driven into whilst stopped at a roundabout in my car and got jolted forward onto the steering wheel. My left shoulder and both sides of my neck are very painful and have back ache, this has put my recovery time back probably by a year because now im back at square one!!! has anyone got any advice?? i dont want to call recruitment untill ive had the letter to say ive passed the papersift or not. And now i have to go thro te w…

    • 5 replies
    • 230 views
  3. ScotlandBoy
    Started by ScotlandBoy,

    I've got my assessment centre with Grampian next friday and am not too sure what to expect. Has anyone done an A/C with grampian recently and if so, what will i be doing? Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 259 views
    sooty1546620178
  4. Murray1546620195
    Started by Murray1546620195,

    Just checked my local forces website and they run a police cadet course. Bad news is it would need to be next year I joined, my birthdays out by 27 days and recruitment for this year is up. I'm considering applying to it next year, has anyone been in police cadets, and what is it like in comparison to the police force?

    • 2 replies
    • 299 views
    Murray1546620195
  5. lotus-odc

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone on here was the the A/C workshop and briefing that was help yesterday ( 26th April 2008 ) James

    • 0 replies
    • 433 views
  6. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Im currently trawling my way through my application form. I am currently putting down all my previous employment, I know where I worked, addresses, phone numbers etc, however it does ask for specific dates. Can I get away with a month and year or will they want the whole shibang ? Ta

    • 1 reply
    • 338 views
  7. helenbucks
    Started by helenbucks * ,

    Hi Peeps I had my A/C this week, feel a little nervous, feel as though I could have done better with my role plays but never mind Anyway I managed to get speaking to a few people before who mentioned sites such as this for advice/reassurance etc so just though I would say hi and good luck to anyone awaiting their results and comiserations to those who have failed!! This is going to be the Longest 2/3 weeks of my life!!! Hels

    • 3 replies
    • 349 views
  8. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Feeling pretty nervous! I have done a lot of work, so I think I am going into this as well prepared as I can. But, that still doesnt stop the nerves. I seemed to develop a bit of a cold last night, and feel a little bit rough! I think its probably the stress and nerves. Anyway, wish me look and I will let you know how I think I got on tonight, or tomorrow.

  9. kazza88
    Started by kazza88,

    Hi I came home today to discover a letter for Strathclyde Police saying my SET has moved from Aug to June which is a but soon than I was expecting. Is there anything that I can get to help me with the exam and interview process??

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    A few years ago, my friend was attacked outside his house. I spoke to the police that night and an officer called me a few days later. That was it. No official statement. Does this count as being involved in a criminal investigation?

  11. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    I have my first Police Assessment Centre tomorrow! I've read all I have been given and have been reading my local forces website. Taking details about sticky buns (www.lincs.police.uk) etc! I'm required to be there at 08.40 so I'll be leaving quite early! I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for comments/suggestions which lead up to this date so far!!! Dean

  12. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I've got my fitness test date now after passing the a/c day and on the brink of getting a start date. The guy from tvp said I will need to fill out CTC form aswell.... I was just wondering what type of checks they carry out because surely they would do basic checks like the pnc before you get this far. Cheers in advance.

    • 8 replies
    • 965 views
  13. amazonia
    Started by amazonia,

    I have received confirmation of my START DATE - 17th MARCH 2008 I'm so happy I could burst!! It's been a long, hard slog - but now that's all over. I am joining the ranks of the annointed few (or should that be appointed?) There is an Information day in 2 weeks time where we'll be given more details and told which division we'll be joining. I have also made an appointment for my uniform fitting - can't wait. Just wanted to share my delirium with those on this site and wish all those still going through the process, the absolute best of luck. Good Luck and thanks for all the help and advice I've found on this forum. I will refer back here from time to time to s…

    • 22 replies
    • 4.5k views
  14. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Passed West Midlands assessment centre Jan 17th, sent back security questionnaire and consent form. Rang the other day and they told me my background check could take up to three months. Any idea on my medical date? I have a clean record and both my parents are CRB qualified so hopefully it wont take too long to check.

    • 8 replies
    • 609 views
    david_kingscott
  15. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    I am aware that when you join the force you are told the area that you are working in. Do they give you a choice at all? Like 1st and 2nd choice, and see if they could fit around that?

    • 3 replies
    • 403 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.