Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Lucilou101
    Started by Lucilou101 * ,

    Hi i'm still in senior school but I wanna be in a police force when im older - preferably Hampshire. I was just wondering what sort of mark you need to get to pass the PIRT exams?? I've taken a few test's on http://www.policeuk.com/application/pirt.html and my average is Maths - 90% and Verbal Reasoning - 85%. Many Thanks, Luci

    • 2 replies
    • 351 views
  2. Francis7
    Started by Francis7,

    Hi Everyone, I had my assessment centre yesterday. I must say that the information I got from this site was very useful to me in my preparation. I found all except the role plays to be ok. The role plays, however, were extremely challenging and I found it almost impossible to tell how I had done. I was never able to satisfy all aspects of the situation, although I suppose this is inevitable in five minutes. My question is this: I have read many times that a D in respect for race and diversity will mean an automatic fail. Does this mean that a D for RRD in any part of the assessment centre will lead to a fail even if you're overall mark for that competency is higher, or…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Does anyone know if Devon & Cornwall have a policy allowing observers to ride along for a shift? Thanks

  4. BEGAN
    Started by BEGAN,

    i have just had a call from wiltshire police to say i passed the assessment that i did last wednesday (not even a wek ago!) so am now just waiting for date for my fitness and medical! do they usually do both on the same day? is there still a grip strength test? i am already training 4 times a week so am not worried about the bleep test, but i need to train more for the strength tests!

    • 24 replies
    • 937 views
  5. Calder27
    Started by Calder27,

    Hello, Basically I'm at the point where I'm quitting my current course (Mechanical Engineering) at university due to lack of interest and motivation for the subject area. I have always been interested in joining the police, and I'm now trying to decide my next step towards joining. I'm currently 20, 21 in December, and would say I probably have better than average "life experience" for my age, living independently etc. However, the impression I have got from a lot of people I have spoken to is that it is rare for younger applicants to be accepted. So what I'm stuck wondering at the moment is, should I apply now, hope I get in, and if I don't then go away and do wha…

    • 13 replies
    • 874 views
  6. 850merpolx
    Started by 850merpolx,

    Hello. Just trying to get a feel for the MOD. I was a SC Constable for a few yrs so got an idea of H/O City Policing. I am just wondering do you get plenty of jobs on duty i.e will you be getting a fair share of Domestics, theft, Drink Drivers, Public order offences to deal with. I just got visions of spending two years doing scenerio's rather than real life experiences, which we all know the difference. Any help would be great.

    • 0 replies
    • 560 views
  7. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi Everyone WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO ..... finally got the call. Start with Hampshire Police on the 2nd June I can't believe it. Feel really excited, nervous, aprehensive etc .... but finally ..... I DID IT ... I am going to be a Police Officer Anyone else starting on the 2nd June too? One or two drinks are called for tonight I think

    • 10 replies
    • 693 views
  8. Foxtrot_oscar
    Started by Foxtrot_oscar,

    Has anyone transferred to Northants recently and sat the interview? I think its a competency based jobby which is ok but i wondered if they threw any low ballers in??

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Foxtrot_oscar
  9. mm_2008
    Started by mm_2008 * ,

    Hi, i am having my bakground checks done at the minute and was told it would take round bout 3 months which is fair enuf!! But Do you think that say i do pass my medical and physical that my training date may fall round sept. time? Bcz i have a holiday for the 12th spet for two weeks. If the training does fall on my holiday will they just put me into the next training lot. So basically wat im asking which i have probz gassed on bout is how long did it take fro having ur background checks done to ur training date?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
    david_kingscott
  10. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hi guys Have recieved my letter stating that they will contact me again via letter on may 5th in regards to an interview. Does anyone have a rough idea of the time scale of kent's recruitment process at the moment? providing I pass everything im wondering how long it could be from now untill job offer. I have heard it has been different for many people.

    • 14 replies
    • 743 views
  11. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Lincolnshire Police Authority rose their stake in Council Tax by 78.9% on 28th Febrauary 2008. Part of this funding was to increase Police Officer numbers by around 200. However as of today Lincolnshire Police Authority will have their budget capped by our government. The same government that says that we need more officers on the street! See link for more info. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7315705.stm What does this mean for all of us going through the application process? I dont want to scare anyone but will we get to the end and be told that we havnt got a place because they have not got the funding. With 200 places available, theres a good chance of getting a plac…

  12. 850merpolx
    Started by 850merpolx,

    Hi all, Just been told I have passed my paper sift and will have an assessment in July. Does anyone know what the firearms test is like? Also looking way ahead do other forces like MOD police transfers. I am thinking in about five years time if I want to start a family, I may want to tranfer back home to my local force. However I may love it and stay with the MOD.

    • 3 replies
    • 662 views
    andy178981546620138
  13. mm_2008
    Started by mm_2008 * ,

    Hello, Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the west mids fitness test?? I was loking around to see if anyone else had posted any topics about it but its all about bleep tests!! Is it difficult? I train lik at the gym around 3/4 times a week and just want to prepare myself really!! If anyone can help would be appreciated!!

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Ive applied to GMP as - its "my" local constabulary - lived in Manchester most of my life - have family and friends here and therefore would feel a great deal of pride in protecting them as well as public - know the area well - know the general cultural issues Im struggling to think of any other reasons to use if asked this question in the final interview Can anyone suggest any other responses or indeed why they have applied to their chosen force thanks

  15. chrisking73
    Started by chrisking73,

    One last question - on my letter it says "your induction course is due to commence on Monday 9th June. Is this the same as the start date?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.