Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. diving_moose
    Started by diving_moose,

    Hi, I am a current serving ARV officer in North Yorks and i am interested in a possible transfer to the Met ARV's if they will have me. I want to still live in Yorkshire and lodge during my shifts and come home on rest days. Does anyone know if this is possible and what the shift pattern for the ARV's is at the moment and are they looking for firearms officers. Thanks Lee

    • 0 replies
    • 719 views
  2. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    Please help. Before I go any further with my process with the Police, I have a question regarding my medical form. I have recieved it back today so I can post it on to Occupational Health. The GP has put down that I had Depression in 1991 and 1993, but I can't remember that. He wasn't my GP at the time. I had a rather large car accident that year, and I was off work for a considerable amount of time. I remember going to the Doctor, and saying that was feeling down due to not working, but I wouldn't class that as Depression. The accident hit me hard mentallyh, but I certainly wasn't depressed. Will this go against me?? If so is it worth continuing the application proces…

    • 5 replies
    • 421 views
  3. martynbrennan1
    Started by martynbrennan1,

    Any advice from anyone please! im 19 years old and currently for the royal bank of scotland. I have been accepted into university to study criminlology, due to start in september. My question is, is it really worth it to comit to a 4 year degree, when i could infact be in the police before the 4 years are up? Whilst i continue to work and make really good money with the bank, thus having no student debt what so ever. I realise that the degree would help with career prospects once in the force but really would it be worth 4 years and thousands of pounds worth of debt, to not even be guaranteed a job at the end of it. It may take years to get into the job af…

  4. carolwar1546620144
    Started by carolwar1546620144,

    hi all, well has been sometime since i have been on here as my application stopped moving for a bit, however it seems to have taken a new lease of life again and i could use some advice. well after some time of sitting in limbo with North Yorkshire, and looking at transferring my application to Cleveland, I have just got a letter through today asking me to attend a final interview with Cleveland. :cheers: Needless to say that the amount of smiling i have been doing at work has been very obvious, as I am more than thrilled that i am being given this opportunity to transfer my application across. However once the immediate feeling of joy left, it turned to being a…

  5. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    Hi I am posting this as i am getting so fed up with waiting for the diff stages, i have my medical in under 2 weeks and i know it isnt long but it feels long and i was wondering if anyone else for northampton is at my stage as i would really like to hear, and reading all about bmi is adding to the worry although i am prepared to be weighed, every stage i worry like crazy!!!! i would also love a holiday but dare not book one in june in case any letters etc come for me, i don't want to bother recruitment as they will be busy any advice would be great

    • 2 replies
    • 283 views
    Foxtrot_oscar
  6. NeilW
    Started by NeilW,

    Hi How long does the vetting take???

    Times_champion
  7. munchkin
    Started by munchkin,

    Hi There, I have recently found out that I have passed and been accepted into the Hendon training centre to start on the 17th March 2008. Just thought I would see if there was anyone on here who will be starting at the same time. Also, any advise on what to expect from the first 6 weeks would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! Mel

  8. lollyannie
    Started by lollyannie * ,

    hello everyone im looking to go into the police force but dont know where to start im 17 and have only done my gcse. I would like to know of any courses around glos to get me started or any help would be greatful!! What is the best way to go? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Charisma84
    Started by Charisma84,

    Hi, iv recently passed recruitment process for derbyshire just waiting on medical which is at beginning of may and have been told i will more than likeley be on the August intake, is any body else at a similar stage to me with derbyshire or any other force, im still unsure of where the training will take place or the total duration, would be great to hear from anybody at a similar stage..Thanks Matt

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    Got my date through for my SET date - pretty pleased... Whats the passmark for Strathclyde? :whistle2:

    • 1 reply
    • 417 views
  11. Prison_Officer
    Started by Prison_Officer,

    I'm starting to get a bit worrieed about my sick days. How far back do the police check for sick days? I had a real run of bad luck during my probabtionary period in the prison service, where i had 10 days off, 5 occasions ( this would have been more, but i decided to go back to work with a severly sprained ankle as i didnt want to go sick for a long period, which is still giving me problems now). I was then placed on " sick monitoring", and therefore didnt/couldnt go sick for 18 months. I then had 2 days off in august 2007 for a pulled muscle in my back, another 2 days off in Feb this year with tonsillitus, and ive had to take today off due to having some form of gasri…

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  12. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi Passed the AC for West Midlands back in Feb, i wanted to get a bit more of an insite into the job. Does anyone know if West Midlands do a Civilian observer (aka ride along) scheme, if they do who would i have to talk to? Dan

    • 3 replies
    • 902 views
  13. Mark_647
    Started by Mark_647,

    Hello all, hope you dont mind me asking, How would you define and explain resilience ? Many thanks, Mark

    • 6 replies
    • 478 views
  14. neeg456
    Started by neeg456,

    i know you get a free train pass for 70 miles in Met, but wondered how it works with the shift hours. I mean - if i finish my shift when the last train has left, how would i get home as i live in Berkshire so i couldnt walk?? is there parking at all/most police stations in the Met?? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 932 views
  15. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi people, Currently waiting for a medial for TVP so hopefully not too long till i start now. Wanted to know really how much training you have before going on the beat? I know the first 2 years is on and off the job training, but are the initial 4-6 months classroom based with no time spent on the beat? My sisters boyfriend is a PCSO for tvp and he was almost instantly put on the beat with little training, is this the same for regulars? Also if I got the Milton Keynes or Buckingham BCU does anyone know where i would do my training? Would it be residential at sulhamptstead or at a college somewhere? Do you tend to work shifts aswell during inital training or is it norma…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.