Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Do different forces do background/financial checks at different times? I ask because on the GMP website it says that checks take place between the a/c and the next stage (interview or fitness) but I heard I passed the a/c today (hurrah!) and the covering letter says 'the next stages of the recruitment process consist of a formal interview, fitness test and medical examination, FOLLOWED by rigorous background enquiries' but then it also goes on to say that I need to inform them if I dont want them contacting my current employers at this stage so Im confused! Surely if we have to wait around 10-14 weeks for the next stage it makes sense to do all the checks in the meantime?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Times_champion
  2. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    just wandering if you are given/allowed scrap paper in the maths tests? Cheers Dan

    • 2 replies
    • 555 views
    boxman801546620126
  3. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    how long does it usually take to receive a reply for the application form?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
    boxman801546620126
  4. Tammy
    Started by Tammy,

    Hi to everyone I am new to this could anyone tell me when you receive your letter from the PIRT test is the envelope large or small am very worried for when it arrives because i was told that if you passed it would be A4 size is this true. Many thanks Tamara.

    • 5 replies
    • 916 views
  5. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    Hi All. On a previous thread I've put down my history of application to Merseyside Police. Applied to the Reg's passed everything (A/C pass of 64%) and failed @ the Interview by only a couple of marks. Exact same next with the Specials. I'm dying to get into the Police and really want to get started. Does anyone know if GMP would take my A/C pass and be able to recruit me as they don't have the Force interview as a result of their A/C Pass mark being higher than that of Merseyside. My 6 months finish with Merseyside at the end of June but for some reason I don't seem to be able to get past the interview stage. If they could recruit me would they have to wait for the pa…

    • 3 replies
    • 455 views
  6. Padz
    Started by Padz,

    Got deferred for 6 months by GMP at the final interview today, anyone else been through the same?

    • 7 replies
    • 756 views
  7. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    I really am at a loss. I applied last year for the reg's (Merseyside), passed everything but failed @ the interview stage in Feb this year...advised to go for specials and learn force policies, initiatives, about the force area etc. Did that, applied for the Specials, passed everything, went into the interview with all the info I was lacking at the reg's interview and have just found out I failed that too. I really don't understand. I wasn't cocky, just confident...no one-word answers, eloquently put my point across and made sure I answered the questions clearly and concisely...taking my time to answer rather than bursting in with the first thing that I thought. I don…

    • 6 replies
    • 864 views
  8. VickiM
    Started by VickiM,

    Hi I just wanted to get some advice on whether conivcted family members would go against you in your application. I have an assessment centre coming up in 3 weeks so i have passed the papersift, but when are the security checks carried out? with the papersift or after you have passed everything? Reason being, my dad has been to prison 3 times and been arressted numerous times but this was all before i was born so at least 28 years ago and as far as i know he hasnt been in any trouble since then. Do you think this would still go against me in anyway?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. JackOfDaLaw
    Started by JackOfDaLaw,

    Greetings, I have my final interview with hampshire constabulary on the 25th of march (Oh dear only a couple of weeks, and I am starting to panic!!!) :smiley_notworthy: . I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips please!! And any of you going? And what are your feelings???? Thanks...

    • 33 replies
    • 2k views
  10. jack1231546620191
    Started by jack1231546620191 * ,

    Hi all, I am currently looking at transfering to the Met. I am not a response officer and was hoping if someone could shed some light on the affect this will have on me, for example will i be stuck with scene guards etc? Thanks Jack

    jack1231546620191 *
  11. Bryn1546620189
    Started by Bryn1546620189 * ,

    Ive been reading through this forum indepth and have tried to take on the tips given by yourselfs on here. Ive not been on any planning courses however i have spoken to my neighbour who is a police offer for Norfolk. I am VERY nervous about this Should i wear a suit or is smart clothing suitable? I feel that the english and maths tests should be ok (going by what ive tried on the policecouldyou site and from the documents sent to me) Ive re read my application form ( the 4 essays questions) so hopefully i can use these (i was never given a mark, only that i had passed) Ive already passed my fitness test. I applied in september 2006 and its been a LENGTHY process..…

    • 2 replies
    • 307 views
    woocha1546620093 *
  12. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Has anyone just had a medical for Cheshire recently? Want to know if they are still at Mediscreen and if you still just submit an eyesight form signed by the optician? Do you have any additional sight tests for Cheshire?

    • 1 reply
    • 627 views
    Traffic Rat +
  13. william1546620171
    Started by william1546620171,

    Hi Ive posted a few times regarding the recuitmnet process for north lanarkshire and had some feed back but it seems that no one is at the same stage as me and im losing the will to live waiting for some sort of answer from the recruiment centre but it seems north lanakrshire are the only ones not processing recruits, help aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Any info would be great.

    • 0 replies
    • 567 views
    william1546620171
  14. djsmiler89
    Started by djsmiler89,

    Hi, Found out I passd the A/C today with 62%. Had my A/C on 12th of March, Anyone else find out today??? Thanks for your help everyone! Ross

    • 9 replies
    • 507 views
    Times_champion
  15. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    Has anyone who had an asessment centre at GMP in the week starting 10th March had their results yet? I took mine on the 11th and they did advise it could be up to 3 weeks from that friday but I had hoped to hear this week, although I would have thought the 2 easter days would have delayed things a bit.

    • 8 replies
    • 384 views
    Times_champion

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.