Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. nitti
    Started by nitti * ,

    Hi, I am currently looking into joining the GMP, I am at the moment serious about joining & have the app forms at home ready to go. However, before the forms go in, I would like to know about the bad aspects of being a Police Officer !! It's easy to find out about the positives, but which bits can get you down, what are the most common frustrations about being on the beat & general police work. Any thoughts & feelings would be greatly appreciated, I am 98% certain that this would be the job for me but before committing to anything I want to know as much as possible as I have commitments like everyone else & wouldnt want to move to a carreer I disliked m…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  2. Lcro
    Started by Lcro,

    Had my fitness on friday for West Yorkshire, does anyone know how long it takes for the medical and also it would be helpful to know exactly what happens because I have heard several different accounts as to what happens in the medical. Any replies would be much appreciated!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 488 views
  3. Bobbbbbbb
    Started by Bobbbbbbb,

    just been trying a few maths pirt tests. on questions saying what is the average of so and so, does it mean the median, mode or mean average? and would they tell you on the day which one you should use? cheers

    • 21 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. radiator
    Started by radiator,

    Hey just a quick one guys.Was wondering how they measure your lungs /breathing in the medical? Was thinking it might be the peak flow meter? And if so whats a good/bad score?

    • 2 replies
    • 434 views
  5. valleygman
    Started by valleygman * ,

    Hi, I am thinking of transferring my application to south wales police. Is there anyone who has any advice or is a serving officer there and can tell me what its like to work for SW. Cheers Gareth

    • 1 reply
    • 742 views
  6. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hello, I put in an application for Greater Manchester Police in October. Would just like to know if anyone else has applied? I got a letter recently asking to verify my sickness record as I filled in an online Home Office application and that wanted to know sick absences for 3 years whereas GMP only want your last 2 years. At least it shows they have opened my application. Just waiting and hoping now.

    • 35 replies
    • 4k views
    Paul C1546620148
  7. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Hey all, any ladies or gentlemen on here part of Kent Police at all ? just wanted to ask what sort of time period it took you from Application and if all went well to Training ? Thanks very much James

  8. vixta
    Started by vixta,

    Failed!!I passed everything only to fall at the last hurdle! I had a short episode of depression 20 years ago and a month of panic attacks on the London underground 5 years ago. Have been clear of anti depressants for over 4 years (well over the home office guidelines of 2 years) This is the 2nd time I applied but at least 1st time round they rejected me at an early stage as I hadn't been clear of the pills for 2 years. Am so annoyed. Have written in my appeal letter which they haven't read yet due to holidays - tsk! The occ health doctor (who by the way is not a mental health specialist!) says I would find it too stressfull. Try remortgaging, getting made redundant this …

  9. portnoy
    Started by portnoy,

    I visited my local station the other week to talk about the job and what they do. They seemed to think it was going to be a massive struggle for me to get past the papersift - not because I'm stupid but because so many people are applying it's difficult. I was under the impression that if I put in a superb application form I'd make it to the next stage, whereas they seemed to think this is not the case. By the way, it's the Met I'm applying for.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. xkazbbzx
    Started by xkazbbzx * ,

    Hey!! Just new to this - been in the recruitment process for almost 2years - cannot believe that I have just found this site!! I have my final interview in 2 weeks time, April 10th, I am all up to date with Force info and Initiatives, etc. I was just wondering if you would kindly put forward any scenarios to get me thinking.. =) I look forward to the outcome!! x

  11. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Afternoon all, I'm seriously considering one of these courses Click Me If it helps me achieve my dream £113 isnt that much, im just wondering if anyone has attended one or knows anyone who has ? Thanks very much James Barker

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  12. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi, is anybody going through the recruitment process at the moment. Would just like to know how far everyone has got and how they get on. Here is a run down of my application so far. Dec 2007: Sent off application. Feb 2008: Passed paper sift. 18 Feb 2008: Passed physical 07 Mar 2008: Attended assessment centre. 19 Mar 2008: Passed assessment centre. Just waiting for my medical date now. Hows everyone else getting on? Karl.

  13. matt603
    Started by matt603,

    Is anyone else still waiting or have received their results from lincs? Can't stand it anymore!

  14. RONYAG
    Started by RONYAG,

    Hi everyone, I've just sent in an application to Cumbria Constabulary after I resigned from the Force two years ago. I resigned due to the unexpected and unplanned arrival of my fifth child, just after my 40th birthday, and just as I completed my probation period! Reading all these posts is bringing all the memories back of the recruitment process, the A/C Centre (which was five hours of complete Hell :smiley_vomit: ) The medical and Fitness tests, which I trained so hard for, but mainly all the WAITING between stages. I can't believe that I am putting myself through all that again. I will keep you up to date with what happens. I've been told, in case you're wonderin…

  15. TomNotts
    Started by TomNotts * ,

    Hi everyone, what a great site! I found it on the off chance through a google search. Glad i did. First off i would like to explain my current situation. I first applied for the Nottingham police force when i was 19 (now 24) and i was unsuccessful due to my maths/english (i think). I've been working since then paying off my debts and generally trying to get my life back to some form of normality. During the time I've been working I've suffered a lot of personal self confidence issues and I am now an extremely shy and nervous person. Recently I've been doing a lot more research into reapplying for the police force and looking at approaches i could take to help my sel…

    • 5 replies
    • 926 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.