Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    I have just had my final interview with GMP and passed, im soooooooo happy, I've been trying for 3 years, so anyone who is thinking of giving up DONT!!! it pays off I promise! OMG, only fitness to go now, but I'm not worried at all bout that! Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on here, I'll keep logging on to see how your all doing!! Jo x

    • 8 replies
    • 646 views
  2. stewart1
    Started by stewart1,

    Hello. Had a look on the forum and I cannot see anything related to my question. I left a job three years ago due to the company having unsafe working practices. (I took them to court and won last year.) But I left after having a right row with my manager, with circumstances forcing me not to return with immediate effect. I put on my form that I left my employment and went back to painting which I did. Question is; are they written to asking specifically my reasons for leaving? And if yes, what if their reason differs from mine. I know that my current employer will be written to for a more personal reference which is fine. I would just like to know if an old emplo…

    • 5 replies
    • 554 views
  3. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    Recieved my SET results this morning...passed info handling, passed language however failed numbers by 1 and a half marks. Because of that half mark i now have to wait a year before filling out a completly new application and reapply from the start. If it wasnt for the half mark i could resit within 3mnths Is there anyway i could appeal? I really want to join the police but all this waiting, filling out applications, interviews and resitting is really getting me down. Feels like i will never make it into the police. This is my second knockback after failing the medical due to my eyesight which has been corrected with £3.5k laser treatment. Now my confidence in passing i…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Hi Guys and Girls, I am in day two of training and have now received my uniform. Love the helmet, (Did not think I would). The instructors are really good, down to earth and entertaining. A plus, given some of the subject matter, which despite being necessary is a little eye glazing. It's early doors yet, but as I write am 'shaping and cleaning my helmet'. The rest of the students are smashing too, which is a bonus. Crinkly.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Tom R
    Started by Tom R * ,

    hi, i just wanted to know if you are able to apply to a different force during the six month waiting period after an application failure? This is because i applied for west midlands police just after christmas an unfortunately did not pass the competency questions on the application. I have been told to wait six months before re-applying, however i am unsure as to wether that only applies to west midlands police or another force i had in mind, West Mercia. Thanks for you help.

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  6. josh_ne
    Started by josh_ne,

    Hi, I am considering applying to Northumbria Police but have a few questions before I do. 1) I am now 22, have had four jobs and currently in full time education (studying BSc Criminology). I will be graduating in May, hopefully with a 1st/2:1. I have noticed some people on these forums have had about 20 jobs so I'm a bit worried about the 'life experience' requirement for police officers. I have worked for a cash and carry, a pub, a bank and an estate agent and spent at least a year (2 years at bank and estate agent) in each job gaining a good reputation. Do you think I should be looking to work a few more jobs before applying? 2) Also, still on the 'life experience' …

    • 10 replies
    • 879 views
    herewegoagain1546620183
  7. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    When i received my results informing me of being sucessful at the A/C, I filled in all the paper work including reference details and sent them back. I just remembered that i ticked the box saying not to contact my current employer just yet. Will this have hindered my application? It has been over 4 weeks since i sent it back off, i know it says i would be contact within 6 weeks but im just worrying now??!!??!!?? Cheers everyone

    • 6 replies
    • 598 views
  8. ceris83
    Started by ceris83 * ,

    Hi guys, Did my Dyfed powys assessment centre on 1st March and got confirmation yesterday that i was successful! Just want to say a big thanks to everyone on here - all the advice i read really helped!! Still in shock cos i was convinced that i hadn't done enough! thanks again everyone!! Ceris

  9. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Hi All, Busy here preparing for my assessment centre in April! Getting quite nervous about it already! I am going to the a a/c familiarisation day at the h/q on Sunday, but am wondering if I should also look to book a place on one of the other private courses? Will they be very similar? Cheers

  10. Simon T
    Started by Simon T,

    I found out I passed the AC for WYP last week. Although I have not posted on this site have done a lot of 'lurking' and reading posts. So thank you to all of you who have shared your wisdom. I would like to recomend the 'Talking Blues' course that I attended to anyone who is currently preparing. Not only did it focus my prepartions and responses but also gave me a massive confidence boost, especially with the role plays. I do not know how I would have done if I had not attended the course, but the thought of experiencing my first role play whilst actually being assessed is not a nice one! I had bought a couple of books and read a lot of advice here and elsewhere and…

    • 4 replies
    • 397 views
  11. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    hey guys, havnt posted here much since i failed my fitness test which was back in december/jan! good news though! had my fitness test today and passed it! best of all the 7 members of my group passed too! i was wondering what happens now? interms of start date, what station etc?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. joanne82
    Started by joanne82,

    I have my final interview on Monday 17th March for GMP, does anyone know if you find out on the day or do you have to wait for mail notification? P.s. Any final words of advice?? Cheers, Jo

    • 8 replies
    • 625 views
  13. uneaubaine

    I got a letter today telling me i have to have a Vetting Interview before i can now go to the A/C. I'm gutted about this as 3 weeks ago i was told by recruitment that everything had gone through and i had been ticked of as all Ok and would be going to the next A/C in May. I had 9 people on my applicatin that had to be checked out and this were obviously my mum, dad, sister, brother in law, step dad, my fiance, mother in law and father in law. All except my father have never been in trouble and i have nothing to do with my dad, not for 7 years now. I'm concerened he is the reason why i have to have this interview and am now worried that 1: i won't ever get to the A/C …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Hey all, Just checking if anyone had received any news, heard any rumours etc about the start dates for Hants pol. Hope its not been too stressful.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. zebra31546620184
    Started by zebra31546620184 * ,

    Hi Just joined the forum, etc., and also just about to start training at Hendon soon but I have a question which recruitment haven't been able to answer. Are postings decided before you actually start training, and how likely is it that I can 'request' a police station within my preferred borough? Or, more accurately, request NOT to get posted to a particular station. The reason I ask is that I just researched the travel networks for my first-choice borough, and one particular station is REALLY difficult to get to from where I will be living first thing in the morning. Funnily enough it's actually a really quick journey, so for all other times during the day it won't b…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.