Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Shell166
    Started by Shell166,

    Hi guys Just wondering if anyone else is waiting for information from Beds police? (I know about Guybrush!) I have passed papersift, interview, assessment centre and am just waiting for intake date now, so I can get the Medical and JRFT dates! They did say it would be a while - how's everyone else getting on? :whistle2:

  2. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hi there, Any people recently applied to the MPS during the last round of recruitment? If so, have you received dates for the A/C dates as yet and any indication of timescale? When I attended the recruitment event we were told the entire process now takes around 7 months which is ace! Cheers P

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    The policecouldyou website states they are always recruiting, it advices me to go to the Met official site, which informs me that in order to get a application pack to apply I need to attend a event, but I cannot see any events which relate to Officer Recruitment, they are Anti Terrorism ect. I am also surprised that it seems you cannot apply online for the Met as you can other forces.

    • 7 replies
    • 880 views
  4. orrteece
    Started by orrteece,

    Hello all, I am looking for information on the Northern Constabulary Set Test. I have also noticed by browsing through all the forums that different Constabularies have different ways of how they do the selection process and different push/pull tests. I was wondering if there has been anybody that has done the Northern Constabulary selection process that could give me some advice,or anybody else.All responses are more than appreciated.

    sooty1546620178
  5. coolhand
    Started by coolhand,

    During my extremely long recruitment process I researched other uniformed roles, I suppose like a lot of other people. By far and away the most interesting one was prevention/detection officers in Customs (Which now falls under HMRC). I was looking for a way to get in for a long time now, and can find no definitive, structured or reliable recruitment information. At the moment, I'm really happy to let it pass as a career option I've got a start date-but I still want to know more! Police recruitment is really reliable, all the information is open and available even if the force is not recruiting. Does anyone have a clue as to the structure of Customs officers training…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    onlyme1546620184
  6. PilotTait
    Started by PilotTait,

    Quick question, I've asked a few people but they recommended posting. Q: If someone was to be going to be outside the UK (travelling or the likes), what is the maximum time aloud out of the UK before It would become an issue trying to join the force/service (which ever is politicly correct ) I think it was 12 months but not 100% sure. Thanks FYI - It's a Scottish force I'd like to apply for but any general info would be appreciated.

    • 6 replies
    • 928 views
    zebra31546620184 *
  7. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi, In week 8 of my training now and really enjoying everything up to now but just started to do some roleplays and I have been hit and miss at the moment. Frustrated as I prepare and revise but have got flustered a few times which is when mistakes happen. Staff have been great but feel I should be doing better at this stage? Any suggestions? Cheers Jeff

    Tim in the South
  8. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I heard this is common question asked at interviews... just wanted to know what people would answer....

    • 2 replies
    • 971 views
  9. jimmynuetron
    Started by jimmynuetron,

    My application was recently rejected. I was a few days away from my day 2 assessment. I asked the guy what the reason was when he called and he said he cannot discuss that information over the phone but that i can appeal. I know that financial checks was in the process along with possible reference checks so i am guessing either could be an inssue. I asked the guy if there was much point appealing and he replied "do you want to be a PCSO!' so am i wrong in assuming he can see the situation can be rectified easily? Is there any idea what this could be and if i stand a chance of resuming the application anyone?

    • 21 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. Wannabe PC08
    Started by Wannabe PC08,

    Hiya, i need advice about the question have i ever been involved with a criminal investigation, or been associated with criminals. I myself do not have a criminal record, but my ex parter whom i still live with as flat mates has a record. Do i have to say yes to being associated with a criminal to that? Also i was a witness for him (he was being prosecuted) for a road traffic offence, do i need to declare that as part of an investigation? Please help! Many thanks x

    • 3 replies
    • 453 views
    herewegoagain
  11. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Hello everyone. Im heading up to London next week for one of their recruitment events. In short what can I expect of the day ? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 4.8k views
  12. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Got my start date, five months to wait so hitting the gym in preparation. Just thinking is it worth starting to read up / learn anything before the training commences or is it just besy to wait until training starts? I dont want to get to the training stage and then wish i had spent my 5 months a little more constructively!

    • 16 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Blueboy1546620110
  13. karen44
    Started by karen44,

    I have my Assessment day for Tayside Police on Tue 11 March, i was just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers. What should i expect in the written exam, what topics will i be asked to write about, what should i expect from the team working part of the day and anything else you think might help me get through it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • 7 replies
    • 531 views
  14. kevscot
    Started by kevscot,

    hi, i have a final interview in 2 weeks, could anybody give me any tips or tell me what to expect?

    • 2 replies
    • 680 views
  15. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I got my A/C on march the 12th at 7.45 for Thames Valley. Anybody else got the A/C for TVP during that week????

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.