Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Hi all, Can the more informed and longer serving guys/girls, please tell me what items of equipment, that are not readilly available in the job, that is/are worth buying and those items that are not. So far I have bought/or have brought from my military service, (Other than boots), a 'Tactical Jack' duty bag, an FPN Folder (Given to me as a gift after being offered an appointment), a surfire torch, covert belt rig and a multitude of maglights. Before I spend any money before I have earned it, your assistance/advice in the can't do without categories is appreciated.

    • 18 replies
    • 3.4k views
    Dirty harry1546620173
  2. starry
    Started by starry,

    I was looking to transfer my application to West Midlands, passed the assessment centre where i am at the moment so would need to do the Fitness Test at West Midlands. Have seen the circuit etc. on their website so have seen what it entails just wanted to know from people who have already done it what they would say it was like? Very difficult? What level of fitness would you say you need? Any advice would be much appreciated

    • 4 replies
    • 511 views
  3. ALEX1546619910
    Started by ALEX1546619910,

    Hi, I wear contact lenses and just wonder who else wears contact lenses or glasses and how you get on with them when on shift? If you wear contact lenses do you have to take a spare pair out with you and your glasses? Any clarity on this would be most helpful Thanks Al

    • 5 replies
    • 490 views
  4. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hello, Just got a letter today saying I had failed the papersift with GMP. I've failed it on a number of occasions now and feeling a bit of an idiot. People talk about the assessment day but I can't even contribute because I can't even get to that stage! I'm gutted to be honest and feel quite depressed right now thinking about the next six month wait. Last application with Cheshire I got: Race and Diversity D Team Working B Resilience B Communication C Overall C So i completely revamped the Race and Diversity one and this time improved it to a C. I left the others the same and somehow my Team Working is now a C! When it's exactly the same one!!! Overall I got a C …

    • 22 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Sierra Lima +
  5. catsandtrees
    Started by catsandtrees,

    Hi, I am on my second day as a Student Police Officer and thought I would say hello to you all as I am sure I will be picking your brains now and again. A very slow 2 days listening to very uninteresting info but I realise it has to be done. Got an 0830 parade inspection tomorrow so off for an early night.

    • 12 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Tim in the South
  6. officerdibble1546620049
    Started by officerdibble1546620049,

    Hi Guys, Anyone know or have experience of trust deeds and the force? Would an app' be rejected if applicant entered into one or had one when applying? Cheers for any info!

    • 1 reply
    • 478 views
    officerdibble1546620049
  7. russellcrocker
    Started by russellcrocker,

    Ive just recived a letter back from Hampshire asking for a break down of my sickness record from the last 3years before they can process my application any further, does this mean they've checked the whole form through and just need to clarify my sickness or will they wait untill they have this before checking the form through? Sickness record was 33 days over 6 occasions, 27 of these were long term due to dislocating my shoulder, will this be a problem? cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 406 views
  8. joe_mac
    Started by joe_mac,

    Hi There, just wondering if anybody has sat the strathclyde police entrance exam,just looking for some feeback. (i'm due to sit it at the end of march)

    • 2 replies
    • 689 views
    rossmunro1982
  9. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    hi all, wondering if you can help me a little. I am reasonably fit to be honest, can jog, run etc and don't have much hassle doing it. thing is though, i've started doing press-ups and sit-ups to try and improve my upper body strength and strength in general. thing is I can only get about 10 press-ups before I just crumble and fall, haha. any ideas if everything would be ok if i kept at it? or if i really need to get something sorted quick?? I'm actually quite worried and do have a reasonably good upper body strength but I am trying to improve. thanks

  10. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    Northumbria has opened up their continuous recruitment campaign from 25th Feb 2008 to 31st March 2009... Fingers at the ready everyone!!! Good luck to all who apply (as per www.policecouldyou.co.uk website)

    • 1 reply
    • 494 views
  11. kevscot
    Started by kevscot,

    have my interveiw in 3 weeks,anybody know what to expect or any tips regarding the senior officer interveiw?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 782 views
  12. jobird07@btinternet.com
    Started by jobird07@btinternet.com * ,

    I have sent off my app to West Midlands Police, could anyone inform me of how long i have to wait to hear. I received a letter on the 12th Feb, saying 28 days. The wait is driving me mad.... just want to know.

    • 9 replies
    • 761 views
  13. CovPlod
    Started by CovPlod,

    I'm due to do my UBV driving course at work soon which will involve an hour or so's drive with someone checking my driving. Its not a sector course etc, just so I can drive vehicles so I can go out patrolling and stop sitting in the passenger seat all day. Has anyone recently got this grade in West Mids?, I'm just curious whats expected apart from the obvious etc. Also, I'm doing it in some huge van, bigger than a cub van for some reason. I think its because we're getting LDV Maxus vans or something to replace the current fleet of cub vans, anyone know if this is true?. I presume I'm being tested in one due to the requirement of a 'van course' to enable to us to drive t…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Can someone confirm that west mids police a/c pass mark is 50% as well as a final interview? I'm transferring my A/C mark over to them at the moment and just wanted to know. Thanks Mark

    • 3 replies
    • 329 views
  15. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Hiya I am looking to join West Mercia in the future but am unsure how you get placed in the force? I would be interested in working in the north. For example, if I joined Shropshire would I be based in one of the five command areas or be spread about all of them. I ask this because i am local to Shrewsbury but would be happy to work in the surrounding areas. Thanks Jac

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.