Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I had my assessment for West Mids today and it went fabulous, I expect to score more then the required mark but I am worried on one thing! I was asked an question on RRD in the interview and it was something like tell me about someone ...... impartial, I can't member to be honest, I used an example of bullying & discriminatory and after three mins I was told by my assessor, Canditate could you please answer the question asked, I just continued with my answer as I had not long to go but I did come to an point where I said the victim and bully are totally impartial as one is bright and one is not! I just hope I don't get marked D on this criteria other then that it w…

  2. iinatalieii
    Started by iinatalieii,

    Hi everyone. I've got my final interview VERY soon for GMP. Been swotting on everything. Just wondering if anyone has any advice. Also do they always ask questions on the competencies? Or am I not going to be that lucky? On the letter, it states that the interview will last approx 40 mins, does that include the time when you go out the room while they decide your future or is that added on? I'd be grateful for any help, thanks.

  3. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    Hi All. New to the board. i had my assessment on the 23rd of jan. the wait is driving me batty. I'm more nervous than i was on the actual day, i found the day not as nerve wrecking as i thought but i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing?. What is the actual pass mark for the day?

    • 6 replies
    • 541 views
  4. dalboy
    Started by dalboy,

    Hi Guy's, Anyone got any good answers for the above?

  5. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    if i make a spelling mistake or put the wrong word etc in the written tests are you best just crossing it out, or trying to write over it or what? Do these account against you? I can just imagine under the pressure writing quickly and making the odd stupid mistake. Cheers, Dan

    • 2 replies
    • 538 views
  6. Prison_Officer
    Started by Prison_Officer,

    Yesssssssss!!!!!! Just got off the phone to TVP, been offered an assesment on 14th march at sully. Obviously my worries about my appearance ( 17 stone bald tattooed ex bodybuilder) have been proved wrong. One step closer....

    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I've just done my A/C and not overly confident but I'll have to wait and see. I've got my medical and fitness as well yet, so a long way to go yet but I was wondering if I was succesful and made it all the way through and got a start date what would the happen for training and time scales for the two years as I can't find the info anywhere and no one seems to know. Thanks Mark

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Crimefighter
    Started by Crimefighter * ,

    Hi, I recently passed my police assessment centre but now have a quandary... Together with my assessment centre results, I recieved a letter informing me that I had achieved an exeptional pass mark. The letter said that because of my high results, I was being offered the opportunity to join a pilot scheme which involved sitting some more exams and then going straight into the police as a sergeant at the end of the probation period. Has anyone else been offered or gone onto this scheme? The attached literature states I will have to sit several law exams during my probation, together with managerial skills exercises - similar to the assessment centre carousels but aime…

    • 2 replies
    • 560 views
  9. DumpyStig
    Started by DumpyStig,

    Hey alL Passed my final medical yesterday (nearly blew it on eye test - 'Can you read anything on line 1?' 'No...' 'Ok, can you read anything on line 2?' 'Erm... No' 'Line 3???' 'Errrm.... Can I go home now?' ) but did it :sweatingbullets: Lazy eye and all that... but i digress... The Doc told me that the next person to sign my paperwork would be the Chief Constable and then a Magistrate when Im sworn in... and here comes my point (slowly, but surely!!) Im on a few networking sites and what Id like to know is... would I be able to put up some pics of me in uniform (when I finally get in) or is it frowned upon? I've worked hard to get here (as we all have) and Im prou…

  10. Tourist
    Started by Tourist,

    Two years ago I had frozen shoulder. I had treatment (steroid injection and physio) and all was well after a few months. I am fully recovered and have full mobility in my shoulder, I declared everything on my application and have spoken to occy health who informed me that they would assess me on an individual basis. I only have the medical stage left to pass and I am just a little concerned, has anyone sucessfully entered the police after having the same complaint? Regards. Chris.Tourist2008-02-14 14:05:46

    • 1 reply
    • 430 views
  11. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    right im currently filling mine out and it seems to be taking forever! it needs to be in by 29th of feb but some information i cannot get untill tuesday! do i have to send the form by post or can i drop it into HQ at hamble??? also with previous employement do i have to put precise dates of when i started and left a job as it was so long ago i cannot remember?????

    • 4 replies
    • 638 views
  12. alice1546620175
    Started by alice1546620175 * ,

    Hi all, am approaching 4th week of IPLDP and will be starting my community engagement working with YOT, does anyone have a tips re the project that needs to be completed? Am so far loving the training but very worried about this part as the mark is a large percentage of the total mark ... any help would be greatly appreciated

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Westmerciacadet
  13. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    right im having difficulty in finding a situation, Q it is vitally important that police officers show respect for others, irrespective of their background. o.k is this a equality and diversity question??? and does the argument have to be about a conflict with someone of a different creed????? or can it be a conflict with anyone????

    • 4 replies
    • 563 views
  14. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    Got mine on the 4th, fitness test is first, which is weird and that's this friday. Gaz

    • 5 replies
    • 547 views
  15. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Hi guys Recently passed the AC and awaiting initial contact from recruitment regards to the next stage I understand this will be the Final Interview? Ive read the pinned post re Interview at the top of this forum, but would like to know if there will be questions similar to the AC ie Tell us when you had to show teamwork, RfRD etc etc Will these sorts of questions be asked or is it more along the lines of Why did you apply, what affect do you think it will have on you etc etc cheers in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 327 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.