Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Val Wicken
    Started by Val Wicken,

    Hi has anyone got any example interview questions, I have got one for each core competency but I assumed they would be straight questions i..e "can you give me an example of when you have had to use effective communication skills?" or can you give me an example of when you have had too use good teamworking skills. So my answers are just basic situations, but now I've found out that they can ask things like, "when have you had to be flexible at work". None of my storys fit the bill. Can anyone give me some advice on how to create some other answers that might work and poss some example questions!? Cheers, Sam

    • 2 replies
    • 461 views
  2. Tourist
    Started by Tourist,

    Hi, could anyone provide details of the Cumbria police shift pattern. Thanks. Tourist

  3. cazza1546620178
    Started by cazza1546620178 * ,

    Hey guys, I'm brand new to the site, don't really know what I'm doing! I've got my assessment centre for Northumbria early March, anybody else?

    • 1 reply
    • 199 views
  4. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi all, Got my AC on the 19th of Feb. I had an in2police last week, i thought it helped alot and made me feel more confident as i had a little expereince of what to expect. However i'm really concerned about the interview. This was covered on the course towarss the end of the day, im not sure if my brain had turned off or whether it wasn't covered enough for me. I was told that i would be able to use the examples for the application form. But looking at posts on here and reading though the 'how to pass the police selection system' book it doesnt necessarily look like it. Can anyone offer any advice on how to prepare. Its all i've been trying to take in in the last few we…

    • 9 replies
    • 715 views
  5. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    I've been going through the Application process for a while now and there's nothing more I can do. I had my force interview on Thursday, so now the waiting game begins. I was out last night (Friday) with my girlfriend of 4 years to kind of celebrate getting this far and the hope that Thursday will have been a success. As we were walking between bars on a very cold night we passed very closely to a uniformed copper and my girl said to me, "Ooh, you could be there soon. I'm so proud of you!" In my slightly tipsy stupor I tapped the fella on the shoulder and told him where I was in the process. The second he realised I was a prospective colleague he was very reassuring a…

    • 1 reply
    • 449 views
  6. GJgiraffe
    Started by GJgiraffe,

    Hi, I have received a letter to inform me that my application was successful. Below is the summary. " Further to your recent application to join notts police, I am pleased to inform you that you were successful at the competency based questionnaire stage. Applicants are offered places at the AC based on their competency based questionnaire result. Unfortunately I am unable to offer you a place at the AC at this time. I will contact you when a place becomes available". Is this saying I'm on a short list, to be called upon if someone fails or can I realistically plan for a place soon ? I have a nagging doubt about this. Thanks G

    • 2 replies
    • 444 views
  7. online24
    Started by online24,

    Hi, firstly, i have been looking at writing some answers for the application form for my second attempt at applying. However, i hav been looking through the info on this site, and the questions are completely different to what they were a year ago when i applied! Last year they were were 1-Behaviour that was insensitive 2- working as part of a tem 3- situation where somebody challenged your decision 4- message that someone could have found upsetting On this site is displays questions such as time management with a table to fill in. Can somebody let me know what the current questions are. Also could somebody look through some answers that i have put together. Thanks, …

    • 1 reply
    • 338 views
  8. jamesbyfordessex
    Started by jamesbyfordessex,

    Does anyone know how long AC results are valid for? It's fast approaching a year since I passed mine, but I have been told they expire after 12 months. Is this true? Cheers, J

    • 2 replies
    • 413 views
  9. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    I'm just wondering to what extent people are answering questions posed at interviews with regards to RfRD? It's only of my main worries - as I don't really understand what they are 'expecting' you to say in order to proceed to the next stage. In my original application I noted down something like; (this was in response to why do you want to become a police officer?) I really like the idea of a challenging job which serves the community and works to make the world a better place. I would also try to promote a fairer society where people treat each other and other people's property with respect. If someone could give me a bit of information regarding the Q&A's to RfR…

    • 9 replies
    • 701 views
  10. jacktommo1546620177
    Started by jacktommo1546620177,

    Just a quick question on the reference section of the online application. I currently work part time for 2 guest houses, one of which my dad owns (which I have worked in for over 3 years), the other guest house I have worked in for around 18 months. Now as far as a reference go's, is it inadvisable to use a family member as a reference? If so should I just use 2 personal references?

    • 3 replies
    • 409 views
  11. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hello, I applied to Thames Valley on the 22 April during their last recruitment drive. I was wondering if anyone had heard back from the papershift? If not does anyone know the average timings to find out papershift, assesment center etc Im getting a bit in patient now as its coming up to 3 months and thats the figure i had in my head. Thanks John

  12. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    What level do you have to get to on the bleep test? Is it 5.4 or 7.0? Read somewhere that Merseyside was 7.0 or is that old information?

    sooty1546620178
  13. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    Just wondered if anybody knows when West Yorkshire Police will be recruiting again? Also has anybody transferred from GMP to WYP before?

    • 3 replies
    • 467 views
  14. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Hey, Can anyone tell me on average how long it takes with GMP from start to finish? Thanks Hermia

    • 8 replies
    • 826 views
  15. skyismine
    Started by skyismine,

    Hi I noticed on the sticky post at the top it said there should be a section for an optician to fill in about my eyesight but cant see one. Am I missing something? I am filling it in online. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 428 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.