Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Ok, now my query may sound odd but it is genuine. Perhaps I should have hit the hay instead. Are women police Officers allowed to wear make-up on duty? Not, bright blue eye shadow or anything extreme, just regular as for officework make-up? It may sound daft but I am starting training soon and don't want to go wrong. :sweatingbullets: Also, are PCs allowed to wear glasses or must all persons needing corrective lenses wear contacts? Okay, I'm off to sit behind a wall and duck. These are random but genuine queries, please help even if you are trying to drag yourself off the floor from laughing too hard. Thanks one and all.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone help i'm in such a dilemma! I am stuck between Cheshire and Merseyside. I don't know which one to choose. I'm currently a PCSO with Cheshire and have the chance to apply to be a Police officer. I also had a letter from Merseyside asking if I wanted to re-apply as I failed my assessment in Aug 07 by 2% just before they lowered the pass mark to 50%. Anyway I have submitted my app to Merseyside and Cheshire have sent me an application too. I've asked Cheshire and they said if I want to withdraw from Merseyside and go with them I can. I guess what I'm asking is which force would people choose? I would like to know about Merseyside really is it bettet than Cheshi…
-
-
Hi guys, I have my assessment at West Midlands Police Force 17/01/08, i have 'the police selection process' book and DVD by Ian Hutchinson, and I am reading my local Police news etc. Anymore tips for the day. I know i can apply again, but i really would like to do it first time. Thanks David.
-
- 7 replies
- 615 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can anyone tell me what the whole transfer procedure is? Is it standard for all forces? Do you do a medical and have vetting checks again?
-
Hey anyone got their results yet from the assessment with starting the 14th Jan? Still waiting for mine, was expecting it yest or today.
-
Hi, I've got my assessment centre next week and have been doing plenty of studying from various books, cd's and the internet. In one or two of the books they name one of steps during the role play is to offer a drink to the person to try and calm the person down? Has anyone else come across this step and if so have they used it in their role play and how did they go about it as I can't imagine sitting there miming making a cup of tea Thanks for any help
-
Hi I am just wondering if when you have your medical with Merseyside do they give you an eye exam there or do they just get you to go to the optician's with a sight form and have them do it? Thanks
-
I applied to the Derbyshire force back in July and passed the paper sift in October but haven't heard anthing since. When I rang they said it could be June before I have my a/c. I realise this just sounds like a moan but I find it ridiculous the length of time the process takes, one stage in over 6 months. The country needs more officers but they take so long doing it I'm surprised people don't get fed up with the wait. Please tell me other people feel like this.
-
One of my mate's I used to work with has an Application going through the system for the Met. Whilst he was serving in the British Army he was wrongfully arrested by the Military Police for theiving a bottle of coke (of all things). He said that after about 10min they released him from arrest and was told that although he'd actually done nothing wrong it would still go on the military police crime records as an offence held against him. They said it had to be logged on the computer because they had carried out an 'investigation' on him, even if it was 10min! This took place years ago and when he recently filled out the Application for the Met the thought didn't even cro…
-
So I've been stressing about the bleep test since I first filled out my app form; but I finally got around to downloading the bleep test off South Yorks police site, marked out a (slightly over) 15m track in my local rec and tried it out. I got 6.3 first attempt (no warm up in the freezing cold) and 7.0 the second time. I know this is really average but I meet the pass mark so I'm far more confident now If you haven't had a chance to do a bleep test and you're worried about it; don't - It's fairly easy.
-
Hi Everyone, First of all sorry to those of you that unfortunately didn't pass your a/c as this will probably annoy you. My dilema is as follows. Basically i have always been interested in the Police, last year i finished uni and applied. It has taken nearly a year, and today found out that I have passed the assesment centre, this is great and i feel a great sense of achievement in doing so. However as the recruitment process is soooooo long, during that time I have landed myself a decent job in IT (relating to my degree) which has really good prospects within 2 years. I wont bore you with the details as i have made my decision to stick with my current job. The main reas…
-
Hi guys just wondered if anyone had any information on the final vetting they do. the reason i am asking is i am waiting to attend my a/c day after passing interview, fitness and security checks. i then hear that you have to fill in a vetting form which goes off to the government if so can anyone tell me what it involves and what you have to put on there thats different to your applicaiton. i have also read on here that people pass all their stages to fail at this last bit. why would that be ? and where can you get information on this form. thanks lisa
-
My what a mentally stressful day ! Overall the a/c experience is no where as bad as i led myself to believe. The invigilators were all really nice and the assessors wernt the monsters i was expecting. They really want you to do well and try to put you at ease. I thought i was nervous till i saw the state of a few of the others lol. Think i fluffed the first role play and has a few pauses in the 2nd and 3rd ones. The 4th one i talked for the whole 5 mins. Managed to end all of them with the action i was going to take if nothing else. The interview went really well (so i thought) and the written, numerecy and logical reasoning were all pretty straight forward. Now got…
-
The A/C paperwork talks about the role play actor reading from a finite script. How does this affect the conversation? Does it make their responses very short, and closed? Does it shape the questions you can ask? Must say that confused me slightly. Gareth