Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Does a occupational health company do the medical or is it Merseyside Police themselves? Anyone got any info? I know Cheshire use a company called Mediscreen. Also at what part of the recruitment process do Merseyside do the medical and how long is it after the assessment centre? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 480 views
  2. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    HI everyone this is my first time on the oracle.I applied for the stathclyde police and have passed my S.E.T,I got a letter for my fitness and initial interview for next month i also have to do a second interview on the same day as i am living in Dublin and they cant come over to do a home interview.There is so much research that i can do can anybody help me by narrowing it down for me please. ANY ADVICE OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATTED . YOURS GRATEFULLY MICK

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    Hi all, As the Merseyside A/C pass rate has been lowered, Merseyside Police have implemented a Force Interview and this is the bit that I've been mainly concerned about from day one. I've already passed the papersift, A/C and had the fitness test yesterday which I also passed comfortably. The Force Interview is the last hurdle and the offer of employment is in sight (although not forgetting the medical). Is anyone here from Merseyside aware of what kind of questions are asked? All I can find discussed on here so far is the set interview in the A/C ...this is probably as the Force Interview has only just been introduced. Nevertheless, if anyone has any advice I'd great…

    • 1 reply
    • 411 views
  4. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I envision having a start date for the police within the next 5-10 years and was wondering this: As part of your uniform can you wear gloves when you like? I have (self diagnosed) bad circulation in my hands. If its a bit nippy and im out and about i quickly lose feeling in my hands, Not ridiculously fast just quicker than most people would. This can be prevented with gloves. Any info would be great.

  5. PCSO Mickyboy
    Started by PCSO Mickyboy,

    hello I am going for the regs and just hoping that some one would tell me what the AC is like? you know like what happens there and stuff Thanks mick

    • 2 replies
    • 684 views
  6. Chopper20
    Started by Chopper20,

    Hi everyone, I have my assessment on 6th feb so naturally feeling nervous. Just have one thing in particular I can't get clear in my head. With the interactive scenarios, in practice I start by writing down all of the competencies on my rough piece of paper and kind of "tick them off" as I deliver my response. I manage to cover them all but I'm concerned about how much of my response should be "Problem solving" For example, consider a scenario where a customer has been offended by a security guard and they believe the insult to be racially motivated. I will cover R&D by refering to our Equality policy statement and saying how much I personally don't agree with th…

  7. TumTum
    Started by TumTum,

    Got a reply from the Ministry of Defence Police today saying my A/C will either be April or July but anyways I'm pleased Yay just hope i pass that now lol And i only sent in the application form in a week ago so that was really fast.

    • 1 reply
    • 243 views
  8. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Hi everyone, just wondeed if anyone else has a start date on the 07/01/2008 for West Mids??? Be great to hear from anyone who does...

  9. Jonny Chee
    Started by Jonny Chee * ,

    Hi all. I have a perfectly clean record and have never been in trouble for anything in my life (apart from 3 points on my driving licence). However I have two brothers who are quite well known to the Police for the wrong reasons, one of which is currently under investigation for fraud. Both have served time in prison. Would this have any bearing on my application to the Police?

  10. SME35
    Started by SME35,

    Just received a phone call from Wilts Police to say that i've passed the Assessment Centre which I did a week ago today! To say i'm stunned is an under statement especially when told that I got 69%!!!!! Doing medical and fitness on 20th Feb so it's all happening now! Good luck to anyone else waiting for their results, it sure is a brillient feeling to know you've passed!

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
    carolwar1546620144
  11. Corrina
    Started by Corrina * ,

    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else on here is in this intake? I was offered February but decided I needed more time to move back to Wiltshire from Wales! Corrina

    • 0 replies
    • 571 views
  12. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    In2Police are happy to offer you advice on any of their courses which are available and log onto the forums on a regular basis. Do you have a question about the course ? How long it lasts, what can you expect from the course ? Are there any guarantee's, nothing in life of course is guaranteed, but you just might have the edge by attending one of these excellent courses, who knows :whistle2:

  13. Gaoler
    Started by Gaoler,

    Hi I have been a Jailer for 7 years and have got an interview for a position in our ACIMU.I have arranged a visit to quiz those that are currently working there but is there anyone who has recently joined an ACMU that has some(constructive) advice for the interview?

  14. dutyops
    Started by dutyops,

    Does any one know what type of roll plays are involved in becoming a civilian dention officer in custody. Any help would be appreciated.

  15. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi I've hopefully got my acessment centre in three weeks (on the reserve list, but recruitment have told me chnces are i'll get a place). I've been reading a couple of books, got the strategic plan for my chosen force, and am booked onto an in2police course this sunday. However looking on this site i've heard people saying that for the interview you need an example for each competency. Why is this, is it just say 3 or 4 examples which can show between them everyone of the competencies? I'm also a bit worried about the role play exereices, can anyone offer any advice? I also struggle with English a little and I am worried about spelling and grammer. Can anyone offer any…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.