Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, I attended the assessment centre today and it didn't go great! On one of my role plays I got the wrong end of the stick and thought i was speaking to the person who had made the complaint when in fact I was speaking to the person who had caused the problem. I quickly realised I'd gone wrong and went on with the role play quite well in the end. Does anyone know how this would of affected my score as I'm a little worried thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 644 views
  2. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    Hey all, It all comes down to this. Months and months of waiting, reading, learning, testing and being tested and here it is. My Force Interview for Merseyside is tomorrow and I don't think I've been as nervous since I took my driving test 9 years ago. (Passed first time...hope that's an omen!) Is there's any last minute advice that anyone could give me I'd really appreciate it. I think I've asked virtually everyone I know and they have all given me great advice and I've scoured this forum so much in the past months with so much advice being freely available to me. Thank you all for all the great advice that you all have given not just to me but to all us Newbies. I j…

    • 12 replies
    • 692 views
  3. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    Hello I am a 23 year old Male I want to apply to become a Police Officer, but I am unsure of the qualifications required. Are there any GCSE requirements or other? My schooling years where not the greatest and I have lack of them. I know there is no such requirements to become a PCSO officer as they are more interested in life experiences.

    • 6 replies
    • 386 views
  4. lkash20
    Started by lkash20,

    Hi all, I applied for GMP back in October, my wife also began maternity leave in October and her income was reduced dramatically, as a result we fell into arrears with a few creditors. We have made arrangements with all creditors to bring the accounts up to date and have made these payments each month since. There are no defaults registered due to us doing this, nor do we have any ccjs or been registered bankrupt. Any remaining arrears will also be cleared in full when my wife goes back to work in April. My question simply is, do the arrears affect my financial check as the guidelines only mention you not being eligible for appointment if you have defaults/ccjs or been ba…

  5. kilo13
    Started by kilo13,

    DA, For anyone, like myself that is worried about the Financial Vetting stage, here is the extract from BTP site: https://www.btprecruitment.com/btpr2006968552.asp Employees of British Transport Police are in a privileged position with regard to access to information and could be considered potentially vulnerable to corruption. Applicants to the police service should not therefore be under pressure from undischarged debts or liabilities and should be able to manage loans and debts sensibly. Police Regulations also state that a member of police force shall not wilfully refuse or neglect to discharge any lawful debt. Your application will therefore be …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. 2BPC
    Started by 2BPC,

    Well, passed my medical in Kidlington this week, and now off to Reading tuesday for my fitness test. For some reason, I've done it the other way round. Anyway, thanks for the advice i've recieved so far off everyone. The next question really is what next, after my fitness? I seem to be filling forms out right left and centre. I go home every day with at least one more letter from Reading. The reality is beginning to set in. Anyone else doing fitness test tuesday in Sully?

    • 0 replies
    • 853 views
  7. kilo13
    Started by kilo13,

    Hello....I planing to apply for either a local home force, MDP or CNC. I’m just concerned regarding the financial checks.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I will admit, I do have ‘BAD’ credit history….I do have a personal loan that I never missed a payment on…. and due to relationship break up my ex failed to pay the mortgage for 5 months running. There was a court summons but, I managed to clear up the debt and all proceedings has been cancelled, therefore, NO CCJ has been issued against me. I’m living back at my parents, but they also has bad debts too, can someone shed some light on how th…

    • 2 replies
    • 708 views
  8. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    I have a few questions regarding the recruitment of PC in Lincolnshire. I've been accepted through to the next sift from the Application (Competancy Based Questionnaire) and now am preparing myself for the Assessment Centre etc. However, the letter I received which asked me to attend a Fitness Test mentioned nothing about the Assessment Centre. Does that mean I will be expected to go on an alternative day? Also, it mentions to arrive with suitable Fitness clothing, (just checking) should I be arriving in formal attire and then change? I watched a programme last night on the TV and the gentleman going through the process did the Assessments prior to the Fitness Tests? Is…

    • 8 replies
    • 853 views
  9. jacktommo1546620177
    Started by jacktommo1546620177,

    Over the past few days, I have been filling out the online application for GMP, I have not sent off the application and have decided to change which force I apply to. So I have cleared the answers from the GMP application, but when i try to get onto any other forces online app. it says I can only apply to one force at a time. Tried clearing my cookies but still says I am trying to apply to GMP. How do you go about canceling an online application? (as I said, i have not completed it and have not sent it off). cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 363 views
  10. County Mounty
    Started by County Mounty,

    Greetings From The Frozen North, Thinking about moving from the country to the big smoke. Has anyone transferred from a Scottish Force to the met? If so what was the process like and did you have to undergo any specialist training for the English legislation. I know that transferrees from south of the border have to undergo a couple of weeks at the SPC. Also I see that on the Mets website they like you to have response driving training. Are they talking about the basic 3 week blues and twos driving course or are they looking for traffic cops? Cheers County Mounty

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  11. Anthony Smith
    Started by Anthony Smith,

    I have passed the AC and I am glad. However does anyone know if I still need to carry out the CTC if i am fully security cleared (SC) until 2011? Seems pointless to me if I already hold the higher security status to do another. Also I am not worried about the fitness or medical (Still in Army) but not overly confident about the 40 minute interview. Can anyone help me out? CheersAnthony Smith2008-02-14 19:32:40

  12. clairemorris
    Started by clairemorris * ,

    Today i was caught speeding by a police officer i feel very ashamed and stupid in my actions. My life dream is to become a police officer and am very scared that i have messed my chances with this stupid mistake. Does anyone know how this will affect my application?? please help. claire morris

    • 9 replies
    • 638 views
  13. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Hi Everyone, I'm new to this but wondered if anyone can give any info or are going through the recruitment process for D&C from October 2007 campaign. I had my application accepted on the 29th November '07 and now just waiting to hear about the A/C- has anyone heard about their's yet? i know they tell you it takes months before you hear but just eager to get there and fingers crossed do a good job and get through!!

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  14. KarenT1546620170
    Started by KarenT1546620170,

    Hi I just have a few of questions! The stage I'm at is - I'm just about to send my medical forms away and hopefully be given a date for my fitness test. I'm applying for Thames Valley. Firstly - on my application I wrote that I have to give 4 weeks notice - well I have just handed my notice in at work because I basically have had enough - I've been there for 9 years and it's not what I want to do. Do I need to inform the recruiting department about this? And do you think this is something that they may frown up on? I'm getting worried about this but surely it's my decision and if I want a break then it's up to me?! I may be getting a bit ahead of myself but If I pas…

    • 9 replies
    • 857 views
  15. charlotte84
    Started by charlotte84,

    Hi guys, not too worried about the maths test as i know it's pretty basic, and not really a big deal in the whole scheme of things.. however, i know that it's highly likely that i will run out of time, as many people do, and not complete all the questions.. so my question is.. to guess, or not to guess? When you know there's less than a minute left, do you go through quickly marking the remaining multipul choice answers? OR do you just leave them blank, because wrong answers bring your final score down? Your thoughts and wisdom would be much appreciated

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.