Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ayup1
    Started by ayup1,

    Has anyone who applied to Derbyshire In July had there assessment centre yet or heard when it is? I haven't heard anyting and was wondering if anyone was in the same boat.

    • 3 replies
    • 411 views
  2. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I'm guessing nobody has been in this situation and will have to guess an answer but still i'll ask. I originally applied to BTP in jul 06 and in feb 07 realised BTP are shocking recruitment wise. Couldn't call them email etc... so i transferred to Warks. Warks have pretty much said there won't be a start date till late this year. Another force have said april or may start if i get my skates on and get a medical. When they get my file it will show this is my 3rd force on one application. Doees this matter? I think i'm being a bit paranoid but i'd like your opinions

  3. LouSmiler
    Started by LouSmiler,

    Can anyone recommend any good books i can buy to help me prepare for the PIRT and general selection? Ive seen quite a few out, but don't know which ones are any good. Thanks

  4. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    I read this in a thread, and it's the first time I've seen it. The thread said you'll be asked to move within 20 miles of your station, or 30 miles with permission. Now if I get my first choice station (assuming I pass the A/C) I'll be 55 miles from it. I'm happy to make the commute but I didn't realise the force would have an issue with this? I believe the force used in the example was GMP. Gaz

  5. sportschick
    Started by sportschick,

    Heyy.... Something is bugging me, I've been a podgy girly all my life although I am reasonalbly fit; my PB on the bleep test is 9.6. I want to know whether my BMI, as it is over 30, will affect me getting through selection?? Can anyone help??? xxx

  6. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone recently had a medical with Cheshire Police? Do you have an eyetest on the medical or is it just an optician form?

    • 3 replies
    • 296 views
    Yvonne801546620151
  7. GarethJ
    Started by GarethJ,

    I've heard not all do. Is this true? If so, do we know which? I'm interested in Lincolnshire. Gaz

    • 2 replies
    • 457 views
  8. daviduk_50
    Started by daviduk_50,

    Hello, first post on this site. i have my assessment centre coming up in early march and im wondering how tough it is to achieve the required mark of 60%? Any past experiences would be greatly appreciated, as well as any tips for the actual day itself

    • 1 reply
    • 455 views
  9. OfficerBen
    Started by OfficerBen,

    Last year I applied as a PCSO and failed at the roleplay/assesement stage. I messed up the role-play through nerves. One of the three I was acting as a customer service person for the council and a man was complaining that his parking ticket should not have been issued as he was only 1 minute over the time he was due to return back. I done the worst thing possible and sat on the fence, I told him I would find out more information with the parking attendant and confirm that he was right if that was the case I would refund the ticket. So what should I have said anyway? But in regards to this topic my main question is how does the Regulars recruitment process compare to …

    • 2 replies
    • 322 views
  10. Abskie

    hi im 18 and just about to leave college and i would really like to become a scenes of crime officer but im not sure about how i should go about this, i have applied at canterbury christ church university for the forensic investigation and applied crimonolgy course and have been accepted, this is a 3 year course, but im not sure whether this would help to become a SOCO. i have also found out that i could join the police force as a general police officer and do a home course for forensic investigation which would only take a year, i am really not sure what would be better to do in the long run! does anyone have any information on this matter??? would be grateful if you …

    • 3 replies
    • 518 views
  11. mikey212
    Started by mikey212,

    Got my letter today confirming ive passed - 63% overall Respect for Race & Diversity - 81% Oral Communication - 100% Written Communication - 78% Under resilience i got hammered lol my stronger areas being problem solving, RfR&D, Communication and Comm and Cust Focus I know the natural feeling after the AC is to think **** ive failed that, but i REALLY did feel even worse than that! So glad a pass is a pass lol Anyone know if i can find out how i did in the numeracy and verbal written work as its not down on the sheet they return to you - im just curious Anyone else hear from the GMP? Mike

    • 13 replies
    • 821 views
  12. Gooner85
    Started by Gooner85,

    I was wondering if anybody could clear up whether thames valley do the vetting before of after the assessment centre? I understand most forces do this after but I was told by someone that it’s done before at thames valley due to it costing around £120per person to send them to the A/C. This would explain the huge wait between the papersift and the a/c. On the Thames valley site they kind of indicate that vetting is done before the a/c. Could anybody clear this up?

    • 2 replies
    • 506 views
  13. RJ1000
    Started by RJ1000,

    Hi People, Im new to this site and it all looks very useful! I have just got my start date for May 2008 with A&S Constabulary, a great early christmas present! Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Cheers & Happy Christmas to all!

    • 12 replies
    • 998 views
  14. Chris_vtr
    Started by Chris_vtr,

    Quality news, just found out I passed my A/C with GMP. Waiting for my fitness dates etc etc now. The thing is, I'm only 19 and feel a little worried that this will make me less considerable. The assesment centre was only judging me on what i write down on paper and what i say, where as the next interview will be entirely about the person I am. Just wandering if anyone could shed any light on this for me? I don't want to feel I get turned away as I am mabye younger than other people??

    • 6 replies
    • 529 views
  15. Slee
    Started by Slee,

    I recently went to the doctors for a health check as I have my A/C date of 8th Feb and thought it would be a good idea to see if everything was working as it should, should I be fortunate to pass the A/C and head onto the medical. The only thing that was an issue was my blood pressure was high, however the nurse said it could be down to the dreaded white coat syndrome (Where your BP rises because you know it is being taken). I found this odd as I am a very active individual that plays squash 3-4 times a week, Im currently a postman working 6 days a week and enjoy the occasional jog, very puzzled. So as a result of this Im due to have a BP monitor fitted to me for a 24 ho…

    • 12 replies
    • 809 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.