Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. begavet
    Started by begavet * ,

    Hi there, This is gonna be a long-winded one so I apologise in advance. Basically, I'm 18 and currently in my first year of a media course at University. I know that when I get my degree it will hardly be worth the paper it's written on, and I don't really enjoy the subject that much anyway. For the past few years I have been really interested in joining the police, but have always pushed it to the back of my mind to concentrate on my media work. Now, however, I really want to get out there and try to do this as I know it's a job I would love. I've been looking around and it seems that GMP are accepting applications until the end of March. I'm just considering what chan…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone know what you have to do after your two years to transfer into another force? Do you have another medical. My eyes are borderline what if I didn't pass the eyesight test for the force I wanted to go into? Eyes change don't they I bet lots of people have eyes below the standard not that work for the police.

    • 1 reply
    • 522 views
  3. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    Just passed my fitness test last week at wakefield, handed in all my vetting forms and medical questionnaire, just wondering if anybody else is in the same place i am, anybody got a medical date yet? good luck to all! Gavin

    • 5 replies
    • 351 views
  4. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi all, Just interested to know how long people have been waiting between assessment centre and medical for West Mids. I passed the assessment centre in mid-September, and was advised to expect a Dec/Jan start date (assuming I passed the medical and fitness). However, I am still waiting for a medical date. The recruitment team have told me that there isn't a problem and I will hear something soon, but then they have been saying that for a while now. It is getting frustrating now. I expected a long wait, but this seems excessive. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Thanks Jon

    • 2 replies
    • 320 views
    heather871546620155
  5. demongirl

    is anyone going??? i found the college the other night and do you really have to drive up that long narrow road??? lol

    • 6 replies
    • 637 views
  6. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    Hi Finally passed everything. Just waiting for a start date with WYP. The discussion forum has been excellent and kept me well informed. Thanks everyone

    • 5 replies
    • 545 views
  7. User12345678
    Started by User12345678 +,

    Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 458 views
  8. reign
    Started by reign * ,

    Hi all! Just a quick post asking for your advice, since allot of people have been through the process on here I guess! I have been invited to the SEARCH assessment centre after filling out my application form, I’ve a few questions.... Would you recommend me to take an observer shift with my local force? How you found the whole experience? Do u have any points to help me in the interview? Any feedback to this post would be appreciated, Thanks for reading Ryan

    • 2 replies
    • 737 views
    della1546082783
  9. Garper
    Started by Garper * ,

    Hello, I am due to attend a pre-recruitment event in Lewes next month and was wondering whether I will need to go fully suited and booted or whether just shirt and trouser will be acceptable? Silly question I know but I want to make the correct impression. I'm just thinking that it might look a bit obvious to my current employers if I leave work early in a suit and tie rather than my normal shirt and trousers! Thanks Gavin

    • 1 reply
    • 381 views
    Carter1546620163
  10. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    I got a letter from GMP today and I passed the A/C, I got 58%, I was delighted that I passed but would have liked to obtain a higher mark lol. Anyway I applied for GMP 8 years ago and failed the old style assessment centre. I got some life experience and re-applied and this is really the only thing I've ever wanted to do as a job. I know you have a final interview with GMP, and I just couldn't bear to fail at that stage after going through the papersift and assessment centre again. Has anybody transferred their results to another force where they don't have a final interview, or can you even transfer them AFTER the FI, just in case you did fail it? Any advice would be a…

    • 4 replies
    • 285 views
    Tim in the South
  11. Robchester
    Started by Robchester,

    Im just about to transfer from one force to another, and with 2 1/2 year in the job and all of that time on 24/7 response shift, i have been told by my new force that I will be performing a role in the case review team???? Could anyone shed any light on this role? Its not what I expected.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. South East Biker
    Started by South East Biker * ,

    Hey Ho All.. Yet another Met transfer topic... I'm a motorcyclist on traffic here in the south and am currently just about to send off my application to the met...Im going to the OCU open day on the 13th dec 2007 to see whats its all about.. I am looking at transferring to the Congestion teams initially and then hopefully get ionto traffic or SEG at some time in the future...Does anyone have any info on this etc? Really had enough of Sussex as its rapidly going downhill...Sussex's response to all the officers transferring is to have a poster campaign...yeah great thanks for that...see ya!!! SEB

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. bondy2
    Started by bondy2,

    Hi all, first post on here. I've received my letter of intention to offer me the postion of PC from Hampshire, just waiting for my medical now. Is anybody else waiting for there medical for Hampshire or have any indication of medical dates coming up. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 509 views
  14. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Anyone have any idea on transferring during the recruitment process? At what point can you transfer and what is the process? Has it got to be after the A/C or can it be after any stage? Anyone applied to Merseyside and then transferred the app to Cheshire after the A/C or after the A/C and fitness test? What do you need to do? Also if i passed my A/C with Merseyside and then am unsure and don't want to contunue can I waitt till another force of my choice is taking on and then go with them? I know it would have to be within 12 months of passing my A/C. Anyone any experiences between Merseyside and Cheshire or visa versa?

    • 3 replies
    • 551 views
    Yvonne801546620151
  15. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    Good evening ladies and gents, my OCU have told myself and my colleagues that we need to out source our ear pieces. Can anyone point me in the direction of a site/ firm that will allow me to order half a dozen as quickly as possible? I don't even know which ones to look for so any input greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.