Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TomH1546620173
    Started by TomH1546620173,

    I am due to start with West Mercia on 28 April (posted to Telford) and have no/ little idea re: how the training goes. I was a Special in Leicestershire for five years and knew the old system well as I saw lots of probationers come and go. However, I have not been provided with any information on the new scheme. It seems to be a lot longer, yet from what I understand you have less time out and about with your tutor? I have also heard that your tutoring may not take place as a response officer? Can anyone (especially West Mercia) provide me with any background information to let me know what to expect. I have heard so many different things from people in different fo…

  2. skyismine
    Started by skyismine,

    Hi The situation I have been thinking about putting down is the following really. - Flatmates start ignoring another girl we live with which was difficult as I didnt have a problem with her and didnt know what was going on as didnt another girl i lived with - I suggested we ask them but she disagreed and didnt want either of us to be involved as we may receive the same treatment - In the end I did and they were fed up her touching their plates and putting them away etc while she felt she was just keeping the place tidy - Neither felt they were in the wrong so I arranged a flat meeting and tried to get them to talk it out - It did get sorted eventually so I feel i m…

    • 5 replies
    • 609 views
  3. online24
    Started by online24,

    Does anyone know how many times you can apply to the police force?

  4. dave201984
    Started by dave201984,

    Ive just heard back and ive passed the intial paper sift! Im absolutly estatic and relieved, just need to prepare for the next stage now! Just wondering if anyone esle has applied to D&C and heard back?

    • 3 replies
    • 602 views
    MadDogs&Englishmen
  5. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Does Merseyside check every employer even if you have lived abroad? I lived in USA for 3 years will this be a problem? Don't know if the company is still going? How far do they dig?

    • 6 replies
    • 761 views
  6. Ba_Cr
    Started by Ba_Cr,

    The force I have applied to has a training course starting before the end of this financial year. So I am sat with fingers crossed hoping that I can get on that one rather than waiting until August-ish. Now, I am waiting for my vetting results (Patiently honest) and was just wondering with me being ex army will this speed up my process as I have already filled out the Security questionairre and have already been vetted to make sure i'm not a terrorist/criminal! My vetting should be in order as I am the son of a Police officers, my finances are in order and I have yet to get the 'Criminal activity' notch on my bed post. So I am fairly confident as for the vetting side of…

  7. skyismine
    Started by skyismine,

    Hi Daft question but when doing the unaided part of the test do you have to stare with your eyes wide open or can you squint a bit? I notice that if I squint the tiniest bit I can see the 6/36 but if I have wide open eyes I cant see much at all so I just wondered how strict it is in that respect. Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 956 views
  8. Louise_J
    Started by Louise_J,

    Don't know if this has already been brought up but I was wondering what job everyone does, and more importantly, do you all hate it as much as I hate mine?! (I work in HR for a firm of accountants). Louise.

  9. sportschick
    Started by sportschick,

    Hey.... I am eager to get into the police and become an officer although i know the processing can take time. I would like to know if you can join as a PCSO and transfer to an officer. Thanks in advance.

    • 7 replies
    • 900 views
  10. skyismine
    Started by skyismine,

    Hi Just looking at the employment history section of the form and for each job it asks for a person to contact. Who would you put down if you havent worked there in a long time and no longer know who works there (if anyone that you used to know still does)? Thanks anyone! [Edit] Also, as I have only ever worked part time, I have had several jobs and I know that the managers from my last two jobs dont work there anymore (and I'm worried that the jobs I worked before these wouldn't even remember me) so for my references (as well as my current manager) who else would I be best putting?

    • 3 replies
    • 519 views
  11. Morley
    Started by Morley,

    Hey, Anyone applying to Sussex with A/C coming up? Or has anyone from Sussex not long had A/C? Morley

  12. lisalovesit
    Started by lisalovesit,

    HI I have my structured interview with northants on friday and i am really nervous, as in july 07 i failed my assessment day for lincs by 1% and i am terrified i will fail at the interview stage before even getting a second chance at the assessment day. Any advice would be great i know i have to go in with confidence and understand equility and diversity and if i do pass the interview my assessment day is in march So if any of you have had similar experiences post back Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Samantha-1993
    Started by Samantha-1993,

    What exactly are their requrements ? I know that they can not go out on their own and that they have to have someone higher up in the force with them, but what exactly do they do ? Do they get involved or do they just act as witnesses, and hope to learn something from it ? What sort of incidents do they deal with ? How long do you have to be a Probationer for ?

  14. Mv8
    Started by Mv8,

    Hello all. A friend of my daughter has failed her exams with an overall mark of 54%. Can she apply to another force which has a pass mark of 50%? Such as BTP? Many thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 398 views
  15. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Which force would you apply to and which is best?

    • 1 reply
    • 321 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.