Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lindseyjwhite
    Started by lindseyjwhite,

    Does anyone have experience of applying online? I am about to try this method with GMP but a little unsure, as I was under the impression hand written skills were assessed at the application stage. Fab site by the way!!!!

    • 5 replies
    • 470 views
  2. Twinblade
    Started by Twinblade,

    I received my application pack today for Kent Police, the second time I've considered it, didn't apply last time because I was due to have an operation on my knee. Now thats all healed I have decided to go for it. However, I have two questions, one I know the answer to, and the second, I am guessing the answer will be a No, but I'm hoping that time and age will assist me. Firstly, would my knee operation prevent me being successful? It was only a minor arthoscopy and was nearly 4 years ago, and I have had no problems since. I assume it will be fine, but need to check. Secondly, about 7 years ago (aged 18) I received a caution for false accounting, only minor (£50) a…

    • 1 reply
    • 436 views
  3. davidburke1980
    Started by davidburke1980 * ,

    Anybody else waiting for the final confirmation that they are starting for Norfolk early next year? I've heard the intake is January, but have not had a final letter yet. Anyone know how long before they get sent out? If I start in January I'll have to hand my notice in at my current place soon!

    • 4 replies
    • 723 views
    woocha1546620093 *
  4. arr0n
    Started by arr0n,

    morning, just wondering if anyone on here has used how to become a police officer info pack with any success, or if anyone could suggest something better. many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 706 views
  5. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi, Northumbria has just disbanded it's tutor units so I will be on shift when my tutor phase starts in a few weeks. Am I at a disadvantage or will I be able to get more jobs this way? Little concerned that on shift we won't have time to do NVQ with pressure from job after job. Cheers Jeff

    • 1 reply
    • 640 views
    Tim in the South
  6. LynetteHiggins2006
    Started by LynetteHiggins2006 * ,

    Hello, I'm fed up of an office job and my partner coming home and telling me all about his (he's been in three years and loves it.) I've always wanted a career which is diverse and dealing with people but was always put off by the thought of restraining people etc. Well in my slightly older years my confidence has grown and I don't think i'd have an issue getting stuck in. The only thing that concerns me is i'm not unfit but i'm certainly not the strongest woman around and i'm wondering how that will hinder me when faced with some big out of control person who I need to restrain etc. Thinking of joining GMP as they are recruting at the moment - the other thing I want…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    LynetteHiggins2006 *
  7. sdeakin
    Started by sdeakin,

    Hi all, I applied in October 2006 for WMP and passed the assessment in September 2007 but since then it has all gone quiet apart from a phone call last October from the nurse to say I was being put forward for a medical date, I have tried numerous times to contact recruitment and managed to be put through once only to be told rather abruptly to not call despite the person not even taking my name?! (I am just concearned that there may be things lost/not received which is holding up the process) Is there anyone else out there who have heard anything as getting rather worried now..... I must point out I appreciate that the recruitment team have a lot of work on there hand…

    • 1 reply
    • 444 views
  8. mickymac67
    Started by mickymac67,

    Hi everyone i have my intial interview in two weeks and one day to be exact.I am really really nervous i feel like i am doing a bit of study but does not seem to be staying in my brain there is so much stuff out there to learn and study could anybody just narrow it down a bit for me as i am freaking out a lot and dont think i will get through it .... ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATTED REGARDS MICK MC FADDEN

    • 1 reply
    • 258 views
  9. skyismine

    Once you're in the police do you have to have regular eye tests to check you still match the requirements? What happens if your sight worsens during your career? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 660 views
  10. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I am currently in the process of applying for Strathclyde Police and I passed my SET in February, my initial interview in March and my home interview in May. I applied a year ago now and I have now been informed that there is a delay in the recruitment process. I am aware that quite alot of recruits are in the same situation and I was just wondering if anyone has heard any news to when the recruitment process will start to flow again? Many Thanks!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  11. mdownes
    Started by mdownes,

    Hello all, I'm new to the forum, and this is my very first post. I've looked at joining GMP or Lancashire, but Greater Manchester are applying now, and when I looked on Lancashire' website, all it said, was maybe sometime next year. Also, I currently live in Gloucestershire, but plan to move to Manchester early next year, but the recruitment for GMP ends on the 31st December. Basically, does anyone know whether it is likely Lancashire will be recruiting next year? And does it matter if you live in a completely different area to the one you want to join? All help appreciated Michellex p.s. I wanted to add this in the General Recru…

  12. cegw1
    Started by cegw1,

    Hey guys, well the first say is over and out! I cant describe how happy I am to starting my dream job!! Was largely based on 101 ways which you can "lose your job"..but i understand it all has to be done! got my uniform "box".. was missing: no trousers wrong sized shirts no ties no epulates no "town beat" jacket no helmet looks like the second day - starting in 2 hours will be back in the suit!

    • 15 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. WannabePC1546620174
    Started by WannabePC1546620174 * ,

    Hi guys, I'm new to the wall and just hoping someone out there has been in the same position as me and advice and the outcome would be much appreciated. I applied as a Police Officer to West Yorkshire Police way back in October 2006, unfortunately i was told i was unsucessful at the assessment centre only scoring 52%. I didn't let this knockback put me off and as i was fresh out of university i decided to travel with the intention of applying to the Police when i got back as obviously you are not allowed to apply for six months after rejection. For a period of four months May-Sep 07 i travelled to Australia, NZ, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and …

    • 6 replies
    • 732 views
  14. DecQPD
    Started by DecQPD,

    Anybody been to a Lincs Police drop in day this month or manage to get any info out about dates for fitness tests, assessment centres etc? Any 2nd or 3rd timers going for it again?

    • 2 replies
    • 515 views
  15. dav22
    Started by dav22,

    Going through the VERY long BTP recruitment process and am starting to wonder whether i'm joining a worthwhile Specialist Police Force, or just a glorified security team who are forever gazing at the MPS boys and thinking...I wish I was doing that! Somebody out there please tell me i'm applying for a meaningful career. Kind Regards, Mr Dave

    • 8 replies
    • 941 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.