Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SCARLET1
    Started by SCARLET1 * ,

    Hi all i have been thinking about joining the Police either as an officer or as a Pcso , I'll be upfront and honest here with anyone who's viewing this message from me and if i offend anyone with age then it's not intentionally. I am nearly 37 i have worked within a finance establishment for just over 20 years. I feel the need to change completely and have really had an interest in going into the police BUT i think i maybe to old ?! I am currently fit and have lots of energy mentally and physically. The thought of training with a load of fit youngsters is making me think that i am just being silly and i should forget about it all as i have left it all a bit late in life…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Tim in the South
  2. mdavidson81
    Started by mdavidson81,

    Having recently passed my transfer interview to lancashire, i have been advised not to sell my house yet as i may not get through all background checks and security clearance as some people fail this part. i cant see it being a problem as none of my immediate family have any criminal convictions and nor do my wife's (who i met after i was already in the job.)however her mum and dad are in horrendous debt (>£100k!!) and have numerous ccj's etc. What i need to know is will this stop me getting into lancs? i had to supply lancs all of their details. What things are they actually looking for? if i dont get my house sold and a new one bought up north then when we move, my…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Matty Hall1546619935
  3. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Hi, I attended Force HQ today and was fitted for uniform and my warrant card was prepared. I would like to thank this site and it's respondents for it's help during the whole process. (14 months from start to finish). Now the real hard work starts. Onwards and upwards. Good luck to those still in the pipeline. Crinkly.

    • 1 reply
    • 803 views
  4. Markey
    Started by Markey,

    has anyone got anytips on how to pass the form etc

    • 2 replies
    • 706 views
  5. robstock1546620155
    Started by robstock1546620155,

    Anybody been to the AC and then felt they could have done a lot better? I feel my interview went pretty well, along with the maths test and verbal reasoning. But I have major regrets over the role plays, I think I may have repeating myself a little too much and the third role play I ended up stumbled for the first 10 seconds because it went clean out of my head what I was going to say, I did end up getting it back on track though. As for the written, I felt I could have got more in if I had extra time. I only got a few of the main points in and then the resolutions. I just can't help but feel like kicking myself.

    • 7 replies
    • 923 views
  6. egnt77
    Started by egnt77,

    I am worried about the criminal history of my mothers husband and if it will have a negative impact on my application. He has quite a colourful history to say the least. I am 30 years old married with a child and have lived apart from my parents for roughly 10 years. My mother and Father divorced around 8 years ago and she met this wally and decided to marry him 4 years ago. Will he have an impact on my application considering we try our best to have very little to do with him and perhaps see him once every few months for half an hour at the most (he knows we dont really like him)? My mother usually visits our home alone.

    • 2 replies
    • 541 views
  7. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    What happens if i do no declare a minor warning in my application and i get through to the final stages? Will my application be binned? Can i just say i "forgot"

    • 9 replies
    • 847 views
  8. julieann
    Started by julieann * ,

    In March 2006 i was approached by a girl on a night out and to cut a long story short she hit me and i hit her back. Unfortunate for me she was then Hospitalised and i was arrested, Because i admitted to hitting her more than once (Which could have been self defense) I was Cautioned For GBH. I was totally devastated as i had always wanted to join the Police Force and after sending my Application in was told because of the Caution i wasnt allowed!!! I had never been arrested before and was quite peeved cause it was no way my fault!!! How long does this stay on my record? and when (if ever) can i apply again???

  9. Thesper
    Started by Thesper,

    Hi all, Got my Fitness test this Friday for Merseyside. Anyone else got it this week? Fingers crossed. Just want to be sure...I've read many places that the Bleep pass level is 5.4 Is this true? Also, has the grip test really been taken out? So focussed on this...I'm already boring my whole family with only talking about the application process etc. God help them if I get in. Thanks in advance.

  10. BPSWAIN26
    Started by BPSWAIN26 * ,

    Hi All, I am starting my training with the met on the 11th feb, anyone else out there in the same boat? I have a couple of questions, when do we find out what borough we will be posted to? Is it normal for them to give us one of our 6 choices? Has anyone stayed in finchely section house? does it have internet and is it nice??!! Any help would be gratefully received!

    • 1 reply
    • 724 views
  11. DM1892
    Started by DM1892,

    Is financial vetting conducted upon the applicant only, or would the applicant's partner be vetted too? From the forms I've completed, I'm under the impression that my partner and parents will be subject to security vetting only. Can anyone clarify this, please? Many thanks in advance. DM.

    • 1 reply
    • 656 views
  12. davethegent2000
    Started by davethegent2000,

    I have read many post refering to peoples financial situation and I am really really worried about mine; I had a loan that fell into arrears when I was a teenager and I have arranged for a payment plan with a company owned by the bank. Now I am more financially responsible I am thinking of applying for a new loan to pay off my old loan completely, and then pay off my new one with no arrears attached to it. Does anyone think ths is a good idea? the amount I have to pay off is not a huge amount, only about £2500 but the thought of having my application thrown out over this is causing me major panic! If anyone can help out I will be most grateful!

    • 4 replies
    • 651 views
    davethegent2000
  13. Wannabe PC
    Started by Wannabe PC * ,

    Hello People, I'm a newbie! I applied to join the Regulars in February last year and after nearly a year i have passed all tests, vetting etc.. and have my medical coming up in the near future. My only concern is... I suffered with mild anxiety due to problems sleeping on and off for approx 3 years and was prescribed anti depressants on and off during this period, i was also suffering from the odd panic attack which was associated with the anxiety. I have never been depressed. 18 months ago i had cognitive therapy which really helped and since then i have suffered no anxiety symptoms or panic attacks for over a year. I have no problems sleeping and my mental health is …

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. sunfisher
    Started by sunfisher * ,

    Hi folks just wondering if anyone knew whether the recruitment is still on going at Strathclyde and what the current situation is ? I have the aplication to complete and wonder if there is till delays with them restricting their instake.. Many thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 839 views
  15. demongirl
    Started by demongirl,

    o.k me and my dad went out in my car to test it out because i had a nasty scraping noise but you ca only hear it when you accelerate. anyway i came up a small road thro some houses and saw a man with a speed gun, i was doing just over 35mph. but he wasnt wearing a police hat and he didnt pull me over??? so i dont know if i will get a speed fine but im now worried that its going to go against me when i apply to join the police??? any advice plz coz im really worried bout this cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.