Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MartinC2006
    Started by MartinC2006,

    Firstly Hello, I'm Martin and I'm currently going through the application process for the PSNI. On Monday I wasn't able to be declared fit due to my BP being 155/95 in the medical. The Occ health Doctor has requested my GP look into this and write a report back within 10 days. I've been keeping an eye on my BP for the past few days and it seems to average around 135/85 but it can be 140/90. My question being does anyone know the standard required to pass the medical stage? If my GP writes BP 135/85, fit as a fiddle etc will Occ accept this or the fact that this is above the nominal 120/80 mean they'll bin me? From what I've read > 140/90 is the standard Doctors use …

    • 38 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hey, Just wanted to see if anyone else has their TVP assessment centre on Tues. I got mine and starting to get a little nervous. John

    • 4 replies
    • 312 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  3. McCuffit
    Started by McCuffit,

    Are the interview questions scored as a whole or on an individual competency basis ? i.e you could score top marks for 2 and lesser marks for the other 2 and still pass the interview section ??? Any info greatly appreciated. Andy

    • 2 replies
    • 439 views
  4. colette1546620157
    Started by colette1546620157,

    Hi, Im worried about the push pull aspect of the fitness test. Is doing a 35kilo chest press at the gym comparable to the dyno machines push-pull test. I cant chest press 35kilo! What is a good indicator of whether I'll be able to pass the test or not? Colette.

    • 3 replies
    • 494 views
    colette1546620157
  5. mongo
    Started by mongo,

    Hey guys, Just thought I'd let folk know... If like me, you were told you probably won't be on the December 07 A/C days, and to expect an A/C in Februart 08. I've just found out this is no longer scheduled and it will be late summer this year. Sorry to be the bearer and all!

  6. Olly1546619913
    Started by Olly1546619913,

    Hi everyone, I used to use this forum up until about about two/three years ago now. It's been a while. Anyway, when I was 19 I put in an application to Dorset police, I was deferred at the papersift stage, basically down to lack of life experience. This was fair enough, as I was young and just finished college. I'd been advised that travelling is something that the police look favourably on, so I started looking for work abroad as a sailing instructor. Since that time I've travelled around the world teaching windsurfing and sailing for a reputable UK based company and have started working my way up as my experience grows. Some of the experience I've gained has made a mas…

    • 4 replies
    • 662 views
  7. Jonny Chee
    Started by Jonny Chee * ,

    Hi all. I want to join the Police but by only real concern is passing the hearing test. My overall hearing is fine but there is definite reduction in my right ear. I don't want to go through the whole application process only to fail the hearing test. How stringent is the hearing test and is it possible to have it assessed elsewhere before applying to see if I would be deemed suitable? Many thanks and Happy New Year.

    • 5 replies
    • 507 views
  8. Durhamlad
    Started by Durhamlad,

    Hi Folks Is anyone else on the 16th Oct 13.20 start at RYTON? I have my info pack to get stuck into........ It is a taxi ride thought we could meet up about 1230 in Coventry Rail stn and share the costs. regards Darren

    • 1 reply
    • 886 views
  9. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    hey, was just wondering whats the monthly wage for West Mids when they start training after tax?

    • 2 replies
    • 910 views
  10. recruit85
    Started by recruit85,

    Hi Guys n Girls..... I've been a lurker for a while on here, finally decided to join! Im hopefully joining the met, just need to pass my appt with the SMP..........does anyone know how long the waiting time is from this till a start date.......all other checks have been compleated. Also...do they still parade on the passing out with the new 5 week training course at Hendon. Many thanks in advance recruit852008-01-12 23:47:23

  11. Richie8448
    Started by Richie8448,

    Go on then give me your views on internal vacancies. I mean when a force advertises positions to its internal staff, be it to Specials, Police Staff and other Police Volunteers. Do you all see this as fair on the general or better for the force in general? Personally I think it'll be better for the force as any applicant will be known to the force, have an insight to what goes on day to day and the application process shouldn't take as long, getting bodies onto the streets sooner.

    • 2 replies
    • 514 views
    Dogs of Blackpool
  12. tomspen1546081277
    Started by tomspen1546081277,

    Before applying to be a Police officer is it worth being a Special for a year or two? Thanks in advance

    • 17 replies
    • 1k views
  13. FitzTinted
    Started by FitzTinted,

    Hi, got my AC on thursday and it's struck me i'm struggling a little to see a link between the questions/answers required on the application form and the competencies required to be displayed in the interview. Without disclosing anything too detailed my own application form asked for detailed responses to questions centred on (and openly stating you were being assessed upon) bullying or discriminatory behaviour, Teamworking, Resiliance (challenging situation), and personal responsibility in form of delivering a bad message. Now I can shoehorn Personal Responsibility into the final one, RRD into the first, teamworking into the second, and i'm 100% confident i'm an articu…

    • 5 replies
    • 603 views
  14. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi, could anyone tell me what the minimum mark you can get in the numerical test? Say the overall assessment pass mark is 50%, doe this mean you have to get above 50% in everything. Just asking as I kind of over looked the numerical test, but just seen some practice questions and its worried me slightly. Didn't realise they included so much division Thanks very much john

    • 6 replies
    • 766 views
  15. scottyk
    Started by scottyk,

    I know there is a post up top about questions to ask the interviewers after they have finished asking you question. What questions have you asked after the interview? A serving police officer told me a little tip/question to ask the interviewer which is....."what is your most memorable moment from your time in the police force?" Apparently they like this question and it shows you can be friendly make conversation etc. Strays away from the interview being just about you....so good or bad idea?

    • 3 replies
    • 429 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.