Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    Morning all! been browsing from 1am till 5am!! Thought i might aswell join up! so a little about myself, im 18, ive applied to west mids, passed the assessment centre, medical and just got the fitness test to go which is on the 17th Jan! Im just slightly worried actually slightly is a understatment!! about the fitness test! ive read in a few threads regarding the fitness test and it seems that people with reasonable fitness are able to pass it? Im asking this is because i had to re-do my medical due to my weight, I dropped 2 and half stone in a month! been at the gym for 2 months and my fitness has improved but not sure to the standard of the test! Guess im just worryin…

    • 9 replies
    • 934 views
  2. female bouncer
    Started by female bouncer,

    Hi has anyone got the A/C coming up or just had one? please let me know especially if you have just had one. Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 262 views
  3. female bouncer
    Started by female bouncer,

    Any help on what the written tests will be based on?

    • 0 replies
    • 226 views
  4. charlotte84
    Started by charlotte84,

    Hi there everyone :) i'm a new member to this site, although have been reading posts from here for over a month now. I have my assessment centre coming up in february, and so i'm currently studying for the interview. After reading lots of posts about the interview, i'm getting a little confused about what the 4 questions are going to cover competency wise. In the book i have, 'How to pass the new police selection system', it says that there will be 4 questions on either of the following 5 competencies; respect for diversity, teamworking, personal responsibility, resilience and effective communication. I've read somewhere on here that effective communication is marked th…

    • 9 replies
    • 564 views
  5. Bobbbbbbb
    Started by Bobbbbbbb,

    Hello, i am currently waiting for vacancies in devon and corwall constabulary, but want to prepare myself for when a position is available. When going for the initial interview do you have to know anybackground about the police and what their main aims are in you local area etc. Any ideas what i should swat up on to prepare? Also if successful at the interview stage, do you normally hand in your notice at current work place before the fitness test or after? Last one (honest) if you pass the fitness can you still not make it into the force when training comences? cheers

    • 9 replies
    • 758 views
  6. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Had the call I've been waiting for today!! Start my student police officer training on the 7th January 2008!!! I can describe how I feel!! For those who know West Mercia I’ve been posted to D -Division. Just want to thank all the members for there support and guidance through the process your all stars.

    • 25 replies
    • 3.1k views
    Westmerciacadet
  7. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    I failed the last assessment with the Surrey and i am eager to have another go,Can anybody tells me when is their next recruitment please?

    • 1 reply
    • 146 views
  8. cegw1
    Started by cegw1,

    Hey Guys, Il start with an introduction as im new here! I start with Kent Police on the 28th January, im nearly 22 and I want to get ahead of my self as regards to reading and pre-reading that needs to be done! any advice at all? I have already gained a 2:1 degree in Policing Studies (with Canterbury Christchurch University) , and am fresh out of university so hopefully I will find the academic / law inputs easier than some as my degree was made up of these regarding policing! Im currently working my way through the "Blackstone's Police Manuals" in order to grasp the law, legislation and sections etc.. Another question I have is are we expected to resite the "Stage 1…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. tinkerbellnm
    Started by tinkerbellnm * ,

    I want to join the police force but am petrefied about the academic side of things. When you go to police college do you sleep in quarters alone or with others? Is the test involving maths really hard? I just know there is a lot for me to learn and I have been out of learning for more than 5 years now and I know I will find it hard learning to learn again. Can someone help?????????

  10. mr.sifter
    Started by mr.sifter,

    Hi there, Im slightly worried about an old ankle injury i had when i was 17 (im now 23), i strained some of the ligaments after slipping on a carpet, and had to have six weeks of circuit - physio. However its no longer weak but does occasionally feel stiff on the odd cold winter morning. I was just wondering how strict about this kind of thing they are on the medical, i went to my doctor and explained the situation and he said it was fine, however im not too keen on frequent visits to the GP about my ankle as it all goes onto my medical records... has anyone gone through something similar... Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 214 views
    westy241546620168
  11. looneytune1546620105
    Started by looneytune1546620105,

    Does anybody know how long the recruitment process for Met PC is? Is it approx 6-9 months?. I was thinking of going to one of their recruitment events. Has anyone been to one, if so what are they like? Thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
    westy241546620168
  12. brimstone1546620165
    Started by brimstone1546620165,

    Do you have a choice of any boroughs that you would not like to work in? Tis just that if I applied, I'd prefer not to be stationed in my home borough; too much chance of running into someone I know, which I wouldn't want!

    westy241546620168
  13. sc3499
    Started by sc3499 * ,

    I'd really like to join the police and be part of the hi-tech/computer crime department. Does anyone know the best way of going about this? Do you have to be a regular beat officer first and then transfer into the department, or is it possible to join from the outset? If you can join without being a regular officer first, how would I go about it? I searched online and couldn't really find much information so would appreciate any advice anyone has. To give a little background, I have a Masters degree in IT including a large proportion in computer forensics so can use the most common tools as well as knowing/understanding a little about the issues and laws surrounding IT i…

    • 3 replies
    • 310 views
  14. batchy_21
    Started by batchy_21 * ,

    Hi Can anyone tell me what i should expect from the Devon Cornwall interview??. I know it 45 mins and in line with the competency frameworking. If anyone has sat it fairly recently and can remember what questions they ask or any issues they bring up i would be grateful for the heads up. I also here alot of transferies are unhappy why is that??? Thanks Rob

  15. F1Procon
    Started by F1Procon,

    Hi... I've been toying with the idea of transferring to the Met once my probation is over.. although due to personal circumstances it won't be for at least another year after i've completed my probtation anyway... I've been chatting to someone I met on Facebook about it, he tells me he's a Met police officer, but i'm begining to wonder if he's genuine. I've thrown in a few questions about details, and he's made an excuse to go and logged off.. Can anyone in the know from the met tell me if there's any such borough as CX and does DG65 have anything to do with West End Central? Begining to think all the 'advice' this guy has given me is bogus... or maybe i'm just ver…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
    westy241546620168

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.