Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    Hi I am just wondering if when you have your medical with Merseyside do they give you an eye exam there or do they just get you to go to the optician's with a sight form and have them do it? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. HarryWestMids
    Started by HarryWestMids,

    Have my fitness test on the 17th, wondering if anyone else has?

    • 8 replies
    • 447 views
    heather871546620155
  3. MB3203
    Started by MB3203 * ,

    Hello all, As a new officer (currently on tutorship), I'm after a bit of advice about practicalities of taking kit out on patrol...... I've seen that a few officers have got holders for their penalty tickets, as well as 'police' specific bags to stick all of their kit in to dump on the backseat of cars that they patrol in. Now, in an ideal world, I would just go online and buy these (seen holders online for £30ish and bags from £50+), but unfortunately I'm on a student officer budget (i.e. I have very little disposable income). So, firstly do people think that these are much of a help in organisation etc and are they 'necessary' ? Secondly, if "yes" to the above,…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. JacksDad
    Started by JacksDad,

    Hello all. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on a matter. I've passed everything from the paper sift, through to the interview, and the assessment center and have been given a start date and even how I'd like to be known on my id. But... I've got to pass another security check. This isn't a problem (I dont think...) as I passed one earlier in the process, but it doesn't stop me worrying. I've been in the recruitment process since Sept 2006, and it seems a little bit frustrating to be put through everything else, and have something come up on a security check (mainly I had a slight 'blip' in my finances, but its almost under control now) and to be told 'than…

    • 2 replies
    • 523 views
  5. jimmy1
    Started by jimmy1 * ,

    Hi every1, I am wanting to join the police force (west yorkshire) can anyone give me advice on when the recruitment process will begin? what to expect when it does and how long will it take to begin trainin? thanks for any help guys.

    • 3 replies
    • 827 views
  6. leon1546080884
    Started by leon1546080884,

    HI ALL .I APPLIED TO THE BTP OVER 18 MONTHS AGO.RECEIVED A PHONE CALL ON SATURDAY TO SAY IT SHOULD NOT BE LONG BEFORE I GET TO THE TOP OF THE LIST AS THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME BUT I AM GLAD I HAVE HEARD SOMETHING AT LASY.

    • 1 reply
    • 344 views
  7. APR01
    Started by APR01,

    Hi guys, this has probably been asked loads of times but i couldnt find a post on it. I applied for TVP before but failed at AC so thought i would wait a couple of years then apply again. Well my time is up and i am thinking of applying to Northants, but roughly how long is the waiting times these days? Thanks

  8. get_some
    Started by get_some,

    Hi hoping I can get some clarifacation on what is going on with my app. Basically I had my first ass. centre last march. Got the results and got 59%, apparently the pass mark was 60, so I was totally gutted. Then a few months later I recieved a letter from the recruitment bods asking if I wanted my app resubmitted as they had changed the pass mark to 50%. Is this usual? They have basically kept me hanging on when my next ass. centre day will be, finally got a letter saying "thanks for hanging on, it might be in april some time". Can i resubmit my app to another force who's pass mark in 50? Im starting to wonder if its worth bothering to do again, ive wanted to join…

    • 9 replies
    • 651 views
  9. simm
    Started by simm,

    Today i recieved a letter from W Midlands police force, acknowledging receipt of my application to join force! In order to continue processing the application, they are asking me to send photographs of my tattoos on forearms together with their dimensions... Ok for my questions! Does this mean that they have looked into my application already? Also does this mean they have possibly taken an interest in me? I am also going to have tattoo laser removal, and should i mention that, or are they just looking to see whether my tattoos are discriminating, as i have seen police officers with tattoos?? Thanks guys!!

  10. Dano1546081025
    Started by Dano1546081025,

    Before I waffle on and bore everyone, I’ll just say the main chunk of this post is me having a dilemma on whether I should apply to join the force or not. Basically I’m after your thoughts and opinions on whether I should apply now. I know I want to, I just feel as though I need that “extra nudge†as it’s a massive commitment and would probably involve me relocating by myself for the first time. This is my situation. I turn 20 next week, and since leaving school at the age of 16 I have told myself as soon as I hit 20, I should apply to join the force. I am adamant this is what I want to do. So far I have worked 3 years part time at Homebase whilst I was studyin…

    • 1 reply
    • 396 views
  11. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hi, Iv been going through some written proposal examples, under test conditions and wondered if anyone could have a look to see if im going in the right direction. Question Prepare a written response to a request from the centre manager. He has asked you for a report on the number of complaints of excess litter that have been reported in the last 6 months. He keeps statistics on these incidents and says they have risen sharply. My Answer By - - Me For - - Centre Manager Purpose -- Investigate increase of complaints of excess litter Here we go..... It has recently been brought to my attention that the number of complaints recieved by customers on the level of litt…

  12. tall_paul
    Started by tall_paul,

    Hi there! As this my first post, I would like to say hello to everyone and Happy New Year I have a question with regards to Home Office guidelines regarding the length of time you have to wait between applying to another force if you are unsuccessful at any stage of the recruitment process. I know that this currently stands at 6 months. My specific situation is somewhat different. I have passed the initial paper sift - Stage 1 - and am currently awaiting dates for my Stage 2: Assessment Centre To keep things short, I now wish to either transfer my application to another force or start again from scratch; as I have already been successful at the Stage 1 Paper Sift and…

    • 1 reply
    • 391 views
  13. McCuffit
    Started by McCuffit,

    Ooops should read Role Plays !!! Food on the brain. Think im all sorted for my a/c but i cant stop l flapping about the role plays. I dunno why i've got such a hang up about them as i've dealt with all sorts of people and situations for the last 12 years or so and have previously been a special constable. Am i making more of deal about them then i need to. . . Any replies greatly received before 11am tomorrow as im seriously stressing out here :) Cheers Andy

    • 4 replies
    • 633 views
  14. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I have a quick question to ask! In the competency interview, can you talk about something which is bullying and your challenging it or does it have to be based on religious beliefs? Can someone clarify this for me? thanks a million in advance. The reason I am asking is because I took 7 days to revise an RRD example based on bullying which is challenged! But can it be possible that I can be asked an alternative question based on "religious beliefs". Shoaib

    • 15 replies
    • 874 views
  15. gummery279
    Started by gummery279,

    HI ALL I'VE JUST SUBMITED MY ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR GLOUCESTERSHIRE.. HAS ANYONE ELSE APPLIED FOR THIS FORCE

    • 3 replies
    • 393 views
    fluffy1546620127

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.