Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. George.127
    Started by George.127 * ,

    High, I am currently at college studieng A levels in History, I.C.T, and English language. As my time is coming to an end, i am quite sure that i will be joining the police force, i have visited my carrers officer at college, about the police force but i havent really gained much informatiom, and i have viewd information on the interent. I was just really wundering if anyone could help me by giving information of what the best thing to do is after i finish college, and what to do to get the best information, Thankyou, all help is welcomed, George Wilkinson.

    • 6 replies
    • 441 views
  2. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    When I applied to West Mids, I told them that I had applied to Essex and failed assessment, but my problem is that I also applied to Met Specials and received a phone call from them saying I was refused, This was back in March 07 and then a month ago I applied again to Met Specials but have not heared from them after the letter I received from them. so that's two applications to Met Specials, Like I said I haven't told my current force that I had applied to Met Specials! Will this create problem? Shoaib

  3. Lewis80
    Started by Lewis80 * ,

    Having passed the WMP assessment centre held on the 4 of December 2007, I was wondering how long I will have wait to go through the remaining stages. Currently having police checks done havnt had fitness or medical as yet, is there a long process left. Any advice Opinion gratefully received.

    • 1 reply
    • 514 views
  4. George.127
    Started by George.127 * ,

    High, I have deciecde to wait untill after i am 18 to apply to the Police Force, My question is what full time job do you think would be suitible for me, that will better me fistrly to put on my CV and also that will benifit me for when i come for an interview type situation, All help is greatly apreciated George

    • 1 reply
    • 397 views
  5. Gforceuk
    Started by Gforceuk,

    After a decade of putting off applying , eventually i got an assesment date in december and apparently have passed. So over 10 years of specialing and pcsoing ill be going back to wearing the black epps ... Thought i'd completely ######ed up the AC after the date as it seems many others think they do but find out they pass... So just the medical in a week or so and then the fitness test... then wait for a start date ( probably another 2 years...) cheers all who posted in the assesment centre threads , helped a treat . And to those that are under the impression that pcsos are cannot pass the recruitment selection... seems theres the odd exception to the rule... very …

  6. oddyball
    Started by oddyball * ,

    I was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance, i am applying again but failed last time round at the assessment centre with a certain percentage. In the application it asks if i have applied before...obviously i have but should i just put down i failed the AC or also put down what percentage i got? or does it not really matter??? any guidance would be appreciated!

  7. alt_ctrl_del
    Started by alt_ctrl_del,

    In my application I made reference to the racist comment which was made in relation to the "respect for racial diversity" question I am just wondering now as to whether this is ok to be quoted in the interview, not because I have already used it in my application, just the comment that was made. I am unsure and dont want to stumble over this in the interview Can anyone advise? thanks

  8. johnuk4
    Started by johnuk4,

    Hello All, I have my TVP assessment centre on the 15th of jan so getting a bit nervous now. Just a quick question about the type of written test I will undertake. In a book and CD rom I purchased it seems to think you are asked to write two letter. However elsewhere I've heard that you are required to write one response letter, and a report that will be assessed for content Would it be possible for someone that has recently made a visit to an assessment centre, to perhaps clarify this for one me. Kind Regards John

  9. SAMMYD
    Started by SAMMYD,

    Hello Is anyone else starting with Merseyside on the 14th Jan?? Let me know Sam

    • 1 reply
    • 496 views
  10. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    Hey, there are lots of threads with people worrying about being over on BMI, I'm yet to find a thread that is for the underweight camp. I personally don't think i'm too under weight just that im quite tall which knackers my BMI. I'm just about 6.4ft (i might try and bend my knees a bit when measured to make 6.3ft. I weigh 10 1/2 stone and find it impossible to put on weight, i've tried everything. I'm at just over 17 on bmi and average is 18 onwards. Does anyone know whether this will get me a fail? I am considering just drinking as much water as possible before i go in to get some extra weight on me. Any info would be great :)

  11. heather871546620155
    Started by heather871546620155,

    I passed my medical just before Christmas and have, my fitness test at the end of January. I have tried my best to prepare for the test by doing numerous activities, such as going to the gym, body attack and jogging, however I still feel pretty nervous of the test. I am frightened that I will run out of energy before I finish the 3 circuits and can't go on. I am also having thoughts about the push and pull test and what is the best way to prepare for it. Would be greatful of anyones advice. Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 323 views
  12. Mv8
    Started by Mv8,

    I was wondering if anyone who has recently done the role plays could let me in on some of the scenarios? My Mrs is taking her test soon and she has failed twice narrowly on the role plays and finds it difficult at the best of times. So anyone who would be kind enough on a few pointers, would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 473 views
  13. danleecan
    Started by danleecan,

    Finally got my assesment date 1st feb anyone else going ???? danleeca@homail.co.uk add me to msn if you are

  14. lisssa
    Started by lisssa,

    Hi Currently going through Student Officer training, have now passed fitness test 3 times, but still have to take it another 4 times during the next couple of years. Still working hard on the fitness, and my bleep test / Pull results are improving everytime, how ever my 'push' results are remaining static and im keen to improve them further. Can anyone give me some ideas for exercises / weights I can do to build up my strenght for the 'push' I dont have aspirations to become Miss Universe, but would like to ultimately be able to improve my 'push' score by about 5k, so any tips greatly received !! Cheers for any help !!

  15. sarah_173
    Started by sarah_173,

    Got a letter in the post friday telling me I have passed the assessment day. I was convinced I hadn't done well as I thought of lots of things I could have said but didn't in the role plays and interview after leaving the centre. I am going to have a brilliant christmas after getting that news. Got my Fitness on 7th January 2008. Sarah

    Carter1546620163

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.