Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Penny123
    Started by Penny123,

    Hi everyone, pleased to say I passed the fitness for lancs wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be so very chuffed - think the adrenaline went a long way on the day! Does anyone else have their medical on or around Jan 7th? Ive been told they are looking at March intake!

    • 1 reply
    • 289 views
    andy178981546620138
  2. holty1546620143
    Started by holty1546620143,

    Hi anyone has anyone heard anyting from th BTP, i have been waiting for my a/c date for 16 months now. Are there any other people out there in the same boat ? or can anyone give me some advice on the matter, many thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 492 views
    andy178981546620138
  3. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    In my last post you must have noticed I was worried about my sickness record and not having the correct dates and reasons for sickness. I have got the following extract from the WMP's website and it says: "OUR SICKNESS POLICY IS AS FOLLOWS: NO MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES OR 7 DAYS OVER A 12 MONTH PERIOD. IF YOUR CURRENT SICKNESS RECORD IS NOT TO THE STANDARD YOUR APPLICATION WOULD BE REJECTED. Does this mean they are only worried about your last 12 months even though they ask for your 3 years sickness history on the medical questionaire form? Any advice guys? Shoaib

    • 17 replies
    • 863 views
  4. SammyS
    Started by SammyS * ,

    Hi, Can anyone give me some advice please. I applied over a year ago and I photocopied the application form but now I can't find it. I have passed the assessment centre but I have my interview in a few days and I can't remember the examples I put on my application form so when they ask me questions about it I won't know the answer. Any advice? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 614 views
    andy178981546620138
  5. Harley boy
    Started by Harley boy,

    I have finally had enough of waiting! I only need to attend a medical and the fitness assesment, both of which I know I will pass. I gave up a highly paid job abroad to be home so I can be here when required to attend. I have been waiting 3 months for a medical date and when I call the recruiting department they say they are waiting for dates!! I have just been offered another well paid job in Iraq, and although I had my heart set on joining the Police Service and swore I would,nt work away again I am fed up with the waiting and lack of information. So as I said ...S*d it!!! AJ

    • 4 replies
    • 907 views
  6. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Anyone heard of "The Interview Success Company"? They are based in London! I couldn't get on the ISP COURSE because of the short notice for my assessment so I'm giving this company ago who's personnel sounds very confident that he will help me PASS! I am booked for the 12th of January 08 course & my assessment is on the 15th! Shoaib

    • 10 replies
    • 713 views
  7. leischen261545925572
    Started by leischen261545925572,

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on my situation. Earlier this year my application to join the Kent Specials was rejected due to security issues. They were not related to me and they were unable to disclose details because of data protection, (to make things worse at the time I was congratulated on the high standard of my appication) The only thing that I can think may cause question is something silly my husband did about four years ago. His interest in electronics led him to order a Tasar gun as 'he wanted to see how it worked'! The website did not state that it was illegal although this became apparent when HM Customs and Excise wrote to say that the…

  8. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi huys I have been sent a Medical History Questionaire form to be filled IN and handed IN on the assessment day but I have a question regarding the sickness absense on page 7 of the form. It's asking for the number of days off work,school, college, etc and it really is getting on my nerves as I don't really remember exactly how many days I was off from school or college in the last 3 years and if I was to say I was off for less than 15 days in the last 3 years but then again I do not remember the dates and the correct reasons. IT ALSO SAYS GIVING FALSE INFORMATION CAN LEAD TO DISMISSAL! I really don't know what to do about it guys, I just don't want to fail on that, If…

    • 7 replies
    • 749 views
    andy178981546620138
  9. Tower
    Started by Tower,

    Hi there, Hope you can help, just not sure what to put down in the medical history form, as in how much detail to explain any yes answers I’ve put down. Visual Defect: Was just going to put that I wear corrective aids, but do I need to go any further than that? Hearing defect: Tricky one this: had lots of gromitt operations when I was a kid and there was some residual scarring in the ear. Was fitted with a hearing aid but never felt the need to wear it, feel I hear/conversate well. This sound alright? Cheers, Tower

    • 1 reply
    • 576 views
    andy178981546620138
  10. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    I got banned from driving for speeding excessively. I'm such an idiot. Will i ever be able to get into the police with this on my record? Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
    andy178981546620138
  11. Ironside
    Started by Ironside,

    I have only recently transferred to the Met, however, due to welfare reasons i am now having to consider moving to the North East at the earliest opportunity. My only concerns at the moment are how the force i am thinking of applying to would view my application giving that i have three years service and have been in two forces. As i have already mentioned i am primarily looking at transferring for welfare reasons and i'm hoping that an explanation of this in my application may help explain my position, however, has anyone heard of any officers having been in similar circumstances?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
    andy178981546620138
  12. Mcluvin
    Started by Mcluvin,

    Evening everyone, Im due to send off my application for greater manchester. Due to contracting both tonsillitis and glandular fever in 2006 my adsence record is horrendous (6 occasions and 49 days). Spoke to recruitment today who stated they allow only 28 days in 2 years, but recommended i still submitted my app, just in case. I believe the chance of passing my papersift is pretty grim due to this!! But if i waited until April 2008 my absences would be way under the 28 days. Should I: A) Submit my application and take the risk of failing due to illness and re-apply in 6 months or, B) Wait until my absences have cleared in april and apply?? Please help!!!!! (has an…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Slee
    Started by Slee,

    I applied to Hampshire earlier in the year ( around late July/early August) and I am yet to hear anything back, except for the acceptance letter for my application. On it they did say that I shall hear back from them 12 weeks from the date of the letter, which was the 21st of August, but that timeline is getting ever so shorter and I'm feeling a little lost. Did anyone else apply around this time and heard anything? Many thanks, Derek.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi guys, I have finally got an assessment centre date for the West Midlands Police force which is on the 15th of Jan 08 next month but I have a few problems: 1. I am working full-time and I don't hardly get any time to revise 2. Only 3 weeks left before I sit the assessment. 3. I don't know if I can get a day off work as I have only just started working in my current job as a PA and finally how is it going to be possible to do a day or a short course? and will I get one in such a short notice? Please help guys, thanks. Shoaib

    • 1 reply
    • 481 views
  15. cozzy20
    Started by cozzy20,

    Hey everyone, this is my first post on this site! I have just sent off my application form to the Thames Valley police as they currnetly have a recruitment drive on from the 17th april to the 3rd May. Im just wondering if anyone knows how speedy they are getting through applications and assesments. Cheers in advance

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.