Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stevemcirish
    Started by stevemcirish,

    Hey there guys. I am currently serving with a Southern Force and I live in Portsmouth. I would like to work there again someday. I've just completed my 2 years. Does anyone know firstly how long the transfer process takes and has anyone transferred into Hants from Surrey/Sussex/Kent etc? Also, the technology in Hants seems pretty poor, but the kit seems quite good. Your thoughts on this. Our cars have all got Mobile Data Terminal (MDT's) in them which are invaluable. Will Hants ever get these? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

  2. emma821546620147
    Started by emma821546620147,

    I've just read somewhere that the pass mark for the A/C is now 60% again is this true?

    • 15 replies
    • 2k views
  3. adam79
    Started by adam79,

    How do they mark the tests and exercises at the assessment centre?

    • 1 reply
    • 716 views
  4. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi everyone, I recently failed my A/C with GMP with 57% and am now considering transferring to MDP. The only thing is im not sure what their stance on asthma is, so is there anyone currently in MDP who has asthma and do you know whether they accept people with it? I am a bit confused because I've spoken to two different pople in the OCU for MDP and have been given different answers. I told them that I had asthma when I was about 3 years old and now only take a preventative inhaler - becotide. Anyway the first woman said that it shouldn't be a problem and 9 times out of 10 it would be ok. However I spoke to another man about it and he said that I woulddn't be able to get…

    • 8 replies
    • 950 views
    andy178981546620138
  5. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with the cheeky fellows at BTP recruitment, they aren't responding to numerous e-mails, i did have their number but deleted when i thought i'd washed my hands of them. Stupid mistake but live and learn. Anyone got that number?

    • 3 replies
    • 449 views
    andy178981546620138
  6. Francis
    Started by Francis,

    Can you apply to join different forces at the same time?

    • 4 replies
    • 471 views
    andy178981546620138
  7. Francis
    Started by Francis,

    I'm trying to figure out my own motivations and discern whether or not my motivations/reasons for desiring to join the police are adequate/noble/healthy/balanced etc...

    • 1 reply
    • 404 views
    andy178981546620138
  8. russellcrocker
    Started by russellcrocker,

    Ok after nearly finishing my application for hampshire and being pleased with my answers for the competency questions i want to make sure i answer 5,6,7 with the answers that they want to hear, has anybody got any tips? thanks Russell

    • 3 replies
    • 496 views
    colette1546620157
  9. OldMemberNewName
    Started by OldMemberNewName,

    I finished my classroom training 3 weeks ago and think i'm hating the job already...well not the job as such, just the SOLAP nightmare which I have to fit in around other domestic commitments cos I don't get time in work. I'm physically and mentally shattered cos the days in between work are spent working. I've had no support surrounding the SOLAP, i asked the PDU for help but was told that cos others understood it i shouldn't have a problem. I was told very little about it cos of planning errors during initial training. If only that was the only issue...i won't bore you with the others yet. Did anyone else have big wobbles this early on, wondering whether they made …

  10. Gemma2000
    Started by Gemma2000,

    Hi Was just wondering if anyone else is starting with Nottinghamshire Police soon - i have a conditional start date of the 4th June and can't wait. anyone with any info on Nottinghamshire police and what is to be expected would be great. Good luck to everyone

    • 17 replies
    • 2.6k views
  11. martynbrennan1
    Started by martynbrennan1,

    Just wanting some advice with regards to the best course of action to take. I am 18 at the moment and currently working full time for a bank, the police however has always been my ambition! I am considering doing a 4 year degree course in criminology for which i have been accepted. I want any advice basically saying if this would be worthwhile or not! i would be 23 when the course finishes. So my questions are basically, should i not go and just apply when im 21 ( i need laser eye surgery and i know that i require some life expeirience) or should i go and complete my degree course and then apply afterwards? Any coments would be very welcome.

  12. Gra12
    Started by Gra12,

    Just wondering if anyone waiting to start with GMP has had official confirmation ie letter etc, confirming that they are deffinitely starting then??

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Rebecca1546620125

    Hello Ok, so this isnt Police related, but i was just curious and i thought this was the right place to ask. For people transfering/currently at the Met, how do you live, i mean where do you live? Ive seen the house prices in London and they are very highly priced. Ridiculous in fact. So, unless you have a lot of money how do you guys work for the Met? Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. pacmanjo
    Started by pacmanjo,

    I joined a relatively small force and im still with them now, the experience was good as you know pretty much everyone (especially all the Dog Units and Roads Policing teams). But how does this compare with joining a huge force such as West Midlands, The Met, GMP etc.. our training was not the best structured but we went byt the old system where you went to PTC (i went to Bruche in Warrington) but i wouldn't have joined with anyone else. Share your views of joining with your force and lets see how that compared to those who joined tiny forces such as Lincs, Warwickshire etc...

    • 0 replies
    • 757 views
  15. sarah_173
    Started by sarah_173,

    I was feeling ok up until now. Starting to get nervous about tomorrow. Is anyone else due to do their assessment day this month or just done it?

    • 12 replies
    • 757 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.