Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Anybody know as to the timescale between fitness tests and medicals with West Yorkshire? I passed my fitness early in October and am still waiting to hear further. Also anyone else in the same situation able to shed any light?
-
- 0 replies
- 932 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi folks, When writing a report what is the differance between the two is it the Dear at the beginning and yours sincerely at the end. AC on Tuesday please respond soonest..... Cheers
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Spoke to GMP recruitment today to find out what the AC pass mark was,they said that the overall mark has been lowered to 50%, but the RRD pass mark was still at 60%.They did seem a little unsure when I spoke them,as though they weren't 100% sure what the pass marks were.Anybody else got any further info on this subject.Thanks.
-
Well whilst the forum was down i failed my medical. Turned up on the day feeling healthy and fighting fit but failed the medical straight away due to high blood pressure. Gutted. Occy health were very good and advised me to go to my GP and get a report from them and it turns out i get something called white coat hypertension whereby my blood pressure rises by quite a lot when i am anticipating my blood pressure to be taken. Thankfully my GP is writing to Occy health to explain this to them and they have advised me that i will be allowed to retake the test (hopefully this side of Christmas)
-
Hi all, found out yesterday that I passed GMP A/C so well pleased. I have my formal interview on the 3rd of May and fitness/medical on the 22nd May, so not long to swat up. Can anyone who's been through it give me some advice on what to revise and also is it ok to use same answers in formal interview as A/C interview? thanks a lot [/b]
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What are the questions like in the interview? How is the pressure? Any tips
-
I have my A/C next week and just have a few questions; First of all, do I need to take with me the Westshire Centre welcome pack and the information for recruiting constabes? Do I take pen and notebook or do they provide them? I have thought of a situation for each of the compentencies but I'm having trouble with 'community and customer focused' I can't think of a specific example because this is my job. I deal with customers everyday and deal with all of the 'positive indicators' everday I go to work! I'm guessing I can't just say this to them though because they want specific exampes, don't they? If you get a bad mark in the numerical, are you likley to fail the who…
-
hey everyone, i did the assessment centre back in october they said it would be 6 weeks till we get results has anyone got theirs yet?will u still get a letter even if you failed?
-
I know that I will probably get asked this kind of question in my assessment but it's panicking me slightly that my answers are not good enough. I suppose my thoughts are that I have talked to as many people as possible. Friends, Family. Then people with links to the police, the police could you website, on here. I run scenarios through my head all the time, but still don't feel I have the 'right' answer. Am I just being silly? How can I better prepare myself? Can anyone help?
-
Hi Anyone out there competed one of these pre-recruitment courses that they run at the local colleges? I thinking along the lines of, if I'm going to be waiting around for assessment day dates, I might as well be doing something positive to help me prepare. I'd rather that than sit here and sweat about it. I've been looking at the local ones to me in Birmingham. Has anyone got any recommendations?? Any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance Nick
-
Hi guys, Anyone out there?? Im Jim and i have been trying to get into the police for the passed 4 years and always seem to just miss out. This is the first time i have managed to get through to the assessment centre and to be hones i feel that this is probably my last chance as i am nearly 32 yrs of age. I feel confident with regards to the written exercise and to some extent with the role play exercise and interview. However i am in a panic about the Maths and verbal reasoning. My maths has always been a problem to some extent, although i am fine with a calculator. The thought of only 12 minutes to answer 25 questions fills me with absolu…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
To cut a long story short, My conditional offer of employment has been withdrawn - I have appealed the decision and got a reply that hasnt changed the decision. I have had an indepth conversation with recruitment, who have stated that there is absolutley nothing against me that is stopping my application - my history is clear, but due to the DPA they cannot tell me what is stopping my application as it relates to a 3rd party. I have also been informed that the information relates to someone who i have put on my application form (one of 4 family members) None of them have a Criminal Record, only 2 of them have an SP30 speeding against them and nothing else, and the other…
-
Hi, Just thought I'd put my progress on for anyone trying to get in to Avon and Somerset or any other force I guess! Applied- July 2006 Passed first paper sift-August 2006 Application form accepted-October 2006 Assement Centre-August 2007-Passed Security checks- Recieved October 2007 Security checks- Sent November 2007 Medical and fitness 30 Jan 2008 Passed fitness Feb 2008-Await med results,security checks and ref checks.................................. melbell2008-02-27 09:58:31
-
- 0 replies
- 321 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I need some help with question 3 challenging and difficult situation i want to use the following scenario what are your views heres a brief overview Out in town in a bar, with 4 friends, two of which begin to fight, i jumped into separate them and find out what the problem is, seperated them found out it was a misunderstanding within their conversation. The other friend i was with disagreed with my intervention saying that i could have made it worse or got hurt myself, my response was along the lines of it had to be stopped as it could have got worse and members of the public could have been injured. Just a brief view on it any views people? Thanks
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone I have been invited to attend my Interview on 10th December. However I think even if I pass the interview I will not get into the police yet because I have debts. I have recently contacted a financial adviser and she is in the process of writing to these people so I can start a payment plan but my Interview is in 4 weeks and ive done nothing about my debts for years I have defaults etc it is all pretty bleak. So my question is...If I do fail this time due to this, when should I apply again? When the debts are totally paid off? (could be about 6 years) When I have started paying them off? When ive been paying them off a year or two? I dont want to keep going …