Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    i've been thinking about the financial background checks quite a bit recently. im 24 , i have no real financial problems other than a bill of about 200 quid or something i owe a phone cmpany from when i was 18, this is being handled now by somge collection agent or other. now, obviously it wont be long till this is paid off, but i will not have paid it by the time my background is checked. what does this mean? what will happen when they find out about this? i know financial backgrounds are checked , but what will they do when they see this? call off my application? what are they looking for with this financial check? and my last question is obvious, what type of fin…

  2. lee21
    Started by lee21,

    Hi there i've just put in my application to TVP and am a serving member of the RAF. My 3 years since end of trade training is Mar 09 but have been informed that I can be released before this with a job offer so finger crossed i get in lol Just wondered if anyone else has applied for the police whilst still serving and what you had to go through Any help greatly appreciated

    • 4 replies
    • 649 views
  3. emma821546620147
    Started by emma821546620147,

    Hi, Does anyone have the DVD that goes with the book 'The Police selection process'? I think it has examples of how to deal with the interactive exercise? Is it worth getting or is it really just common sense? Any help would be much appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 508 views
    student1546620025
  4. nav1546620150
    Started by nav1546620150,

    hi guys message for ASHBAKER AND ANDYCIS few days i told u both i got my fitness test on the same day as both u gents 12th nov 07,but i recieved a very encouraging letter this morning telling me my fitness test date has changed and brought earlier to 22nd oct 1 week after my medical.Just wondering if any of u have recieved a similar letter? I think they want to push us into a november intake hopefully.This is the best news ive heard for a while regarding recruitment as up till now everything has gone like a snail pace. nav

  5. Garf1546620142
    Started by Garf1546620142,

    I have my Redman training coming up pretty soon and was wondering if any guys out there who have already completed this stage (and passed!!!) would be so kind as to pass on any tips or hints? Is it all about fighting archs, conflict management model and the 5 means of reasoning 1.e. is there anything I can say or do.......etc. (i forget it's actual name), or does it go a little deeper? Any ideas what scenario's will be used? All information would be greatly received, cheers in advance.

    Tim in the South
  6. sandl2002
    Started by sandl2002,

    Hi. I’m sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to this and I was curious. I have read on other topics that the acceptable bmi is between 18 -30. To be honest i am over this at present and battling to get it down, i am worried that this is going to be my stumbling block if I get to this stage. During a medical when it shows you are overweight is this an automatic no (try again in 6 months) or do they give you more time to reduce the weight? Any advice would be grateful Thanks Steve

  7. nav1546620150
    Started by nav1546620150,

    I just failed my fitness for the regulars and will retake in jan 08,however i put in application to join specials also 18 months ago and passed everything and awaiting a start date for training.I hadnt heard anything for 3 months so i rang up this morning and was told my application is not going to be considered anymore because i work in the security industry.I was shocked that after doing all my tests and interview etc not to mention the stress and time i have taken out,that its taken them 18 months to realise im in the security industry.Surely this cant be right? Can anyone advise me further?

  8. jackson1546620111
    Started by jackson1546620111 * ,

    can anybody help me?? iv applied for norfolk and have recently passed fitness but so far it has taken 13 months to get this far and still waiting for date for assesment day! but i want to join the met, can you transfer applications to another force ir is this not possible? please help! :

    • 2 replies
    • 526 views
    jackson1546620111 *
  9. seanBTP
    Started by seanBTP * ,

    I realise this topic probably comes up on many occasions but I am about to start training with BTP and have received a letter detailing all items I need to take with me when I attend training. There is, however, no mention of boots. Does anyone know whether you are expected to take some with you - and if so can anyone recommend a particular type? Any help would be appreciated. Similarly, is there anything not usually mentioned which can be useful to take with you?

    • 14 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. regfromthebill
    Started by regfromthebill,

    I received a letter on friday advising me that I have passed the assessment centre stage, which is great, but I do have a slight worry........ I recently contacted the HR department of my current employers and asked them if the sickness days I put on my initial application form tally up with their records. I have been told that because the system that they use to record this information has had "teething" problems, they only have my sickness record from the last six months (I have worked at the company for 5 years). I do have a good attendance record and just hope that this doesn't cause any complications, I am sure that my employer will confirm as much. Does the refere…

    • 2 replies
    • 923 views
  11. bowlster
    Started by bowlster,

    I've recieved my start date for Lincs - 12 Nov 07 Hurrah!!!!!!! Is there anyone else out there who is on the same course? I've been allocated South division not sure which station yet..... Can anyone tell me what the pay date is & whether we'll sneak in in Nov to have to wait till Dec....

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. sablitt
    Started by sablitt,

    Hey guys, Finally got my scores for the assessment centre (68%) and along with it the rest of the forms for refs and medical! All sent off and medical is on the 22nd November so fingers crossed my refrences will be checked in the meantime! After 11months of not alot happening, fingers crossed everything is going quicker now! Any ideas when the vetting is done as I filled my security form in in Feb? Will it already have been done or do they hold off until you pass everything else?? Cheers steve

    Dogs of Blackpool
  13. bcs
    Started by bcs * ,

    Panic alert!! I've got my senior officer interview tomorrow and, for the life of me, I cannot find my info on what the 6 modules are. Someone help!!!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  14. Candice1546620147
    Started by Candice1546620147,

    Hi all, I'm new to this - hello! I'm at the paper stage and feeling okay about it at the mo. One thing that I'm not sure about is my height. At 5ft 1in does anyone think that this may cause a problem at any stage. I know that they can't discrimate but it would be nice to hear any of your views. Thanks, Candice

    • 12 replies
    • 934 views
  15. Daniel Leicester
    Started by Daniel Leicester * ,

    Hi everyone. I'm just filling in my application form. I was wondering what the reasons were for everyone who joined or wants to join the police? Mine currently is money and wanting to help the community.....mainly money at the moment though lol.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.