Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Hi guys, i just wondered if anyone had any idea with regards as to what OCU's newly recruited officers are going to with West Mids??? Anyone know where the shortages are??? Thanks...

    • 2 replies
    • 479 views
  2. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Does anyone know what the trigger number of days taken off for sickness is, that determines whether an application is turned down? On the application form it asks how many days have been taken off due to sickness in the last 3 years. Do they take calculations on an annual basis or for that 3 year period?(application to Derbyshire) Any advise gratefully received RHRHare2007-10-17 15:28:50

  3. sablitt
    Started by sablitt,

    Hey guys, Finally got my assessment centre day, just wondered if any one had any advice that could help me for the day? and also if there is anyone else who is attending this centre? cheers steve

    • 11 replies
    • 581 views
    Lincs801546620092
  4. Wiley1546620145
    Started by Wiley1546620145,

    Title says it all really, I applied in April. Thanks

    • 26 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Paul_Cal
    Started by Paul_Cal,

    Would anybody be able to give me the GMP Breakdown of how you are given your leave while your training please. Also are there any blocks of 2 weeks off while you are in your initial 40 weeks of training? I am due to start with Manchester police in January. A member of my family is getting married abroad next year and is waiting for me to confirm my leave dates before they commit to a date, any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul

  6. Nicola1546620137
    Started by Nicola1546620137,

    Hello all, I just had to share my excellent news, the long wait is over and I received my letter telling me I had passed the assessment for Hampshire!! I am so pleased!! Has anybody else had news from Hampshire? Nicola

    Nicola1546620137
  7. kellydot
    Started by kellydot * ,

    Hello all ... I have been getting ready to send in my application form for GMP, spent around two weeks just making sure that everything is as good as it can be. I have had a little set back as I have an outstanding CCJ and on the GMP website it said that they would still consider you with one. After speaking to someone at recruitment they told me that I would have to clear it before I send in the application form. Thankfully there is only about £450 left to pay and I should have that done at the end of the month. I was worried at the December closing date at the beginning as I wasn't too sure that I would be able to pay it off in one go and was told not to worry abo…

  8. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Hey Guys, so my situation is.... competed all stages, had contract for start date for Nov 12th, station allocation, phone call from trainer, been for uniform fitting, have induction meeting with training staff and other recruits on wednesday, so i presumed everything was finalised and over.... then i hear one of my references received a form to fill in about her knowledge of me and my suitability to be a police officer just days ago... Now maybe its just me being paranoid, but surely thats a bit late isnt it, or is it simply standard procedure?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Yvonne801546620151
    Started by Yvonne801546620151,

    I sat my assessment with Merseyside Police on 28th August and failed I got 58%. Yesterday I received a letter stating that from November 1st 2007 that the pass mark for all forces will be lowered to 50%. I'm gutted because I have been on one of the last assessments before the new pass mark is to be introduced and would have passed. Not only disappointed about the 2% I failed by but now I know I've just missed out again! It seems so unfair. Got to go through all of the process again in the New Year. Is there anyone out there that is in the same situation as me just under the 60% pass mark and recently sat their assessment? Has anyone contactd the force regarding this?

    Tim in the South
  10. Dave1421546620150
    Started by Dave1421546620150 * ,

    I recently attended a pre-assessment day brief and was told that I should have declared any involvement with the police on my application form. The problem is I was arrested when I was 17 because of the actions of another member in the group I was with at the time, later released as far as I remember with no caution or conviction (the person owned up). Because of this fact I did not put it in my form as it asked for cautions and above. I was told to put it on the update sheet they give out on the day or face getting binned at the check stage. My concern is that this is going to bomb any chance I had as surely this will be seen as trying to cover it up if I now declare it …

    • 5 replies
    • 836 views
  11. Wushu
    Started by Wushu,

    I'm just wondering would me having very mild crohns disease (which hasn't affected me since i was diagnosed 5 years ago) affect my chances of getting into the police force? I haven't been able to find any info on this. Thanks Adam.

  12. kevin198328
    Started by kevin198328 * ,

    Does anyone know how strict Northumbria are with BMI on their medicals? my BMI is 35 at present. Thanks Kev

    • 1 reply
    • 942 views
  13. lauren1983
    Started by lauren1983 * ,

    Hi my name is lauren. Im sorry if this has been asked already. I know when you apply to be a police officer you can apply to one force at a time, but i was wondering whether you can apply to be a PCSO at another force at the same time? Thanks Lauren

    • 2 replies
    • 616 views
  14. latinokid33
    Started by latinokid33,

    I have a bit of a problem on my hands at the moment. I have been to the final interview today for the GMP. And I have been defered for six months to come back again for the same interview. I passed the A/C, passed my physical but on the last hurdle I have stumbled and all because of how I answered two questions, which to be fair is my fault and they know what they want to hear. (Toothache and medication did not help for concentration levels) Anyway after having searched this website I am unclear whether I am able to transfer my application to a different force who may not have the final interview I.e Liverpool. Is this possible and are there any ot…

  15. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    hey, just curious really. what are the living and sleeping conditions like at tulliallan? dorms? seperate rooms? what do you do at night after classes? just wondering really. cheers stephen.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.