Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Superdon
    Started by Superdon,

    Hi All, Great forums - spent a couple of days reading through the old posts and got some great information. Basically, the situation is as follows. I am almost 29 years old, and am currently in a management position of a small company. Its very close to where I live, office based, and the hours are very nice. I have been here for 3 years and am quite frankly bored and fell I am reaching a position where I cant take things any further here. Previous to this job, I ran my own business and previous to that I worked in IT. So have been thinking about a change in career for some time. Since I was very young I always liked the idea of working in the police force, or similar…

    • 4 replies
    • 889 views
  2. p-e-t-e
    Started by p-e-t-e,

    Hi all, I am currently (hopefully) waiting for an offer of employment with Essex having got through my medical a few weeks ago, but... I am aware that I am allowed no planned time off during the training period, but i have just found out my wife is pregnant. I would obviously need a couple of days off around the birth at the least. Should I tell recruitment about this now or when (if!) I get the offer of employment? It feels a bit deceitful not telling them (knowing i'll need time off when it has been made clear i can't have any), but under any other circumstances I would not be telling them yet (i have not even told close friends or my current employer becaus…

    • 1 reply
    • 533 views
  3. anish2890
    Started by anish2890,

    am looking to join the police force as soon as i turn 18. As i am still very young and inexperienced, However i work in a fish n chip shop and have done for the last 4 years, i work term time at Kawasaki doing genreal admin. and am a sports instuctor for a local school. i thought that it would be a good idea to ask you !!! How does being a police officer affect your life at home. not only with the family but socially. Do you find that you don't go out as much? And if i was to join at 18/19 what drawbacks would there be for me Regards Anish

    • 1 reply
    • 602 views
  4. melbell
    Started by melbell,

    Hi My first message on here! Just found out I passed the assessment centre with Avon and Somerset. They have said not to contact them for approx dates on my fitness and medical. I know that it tends to take a while, but just wondering what the average turn around is? Also, when I was in the Specials at A&V, the medical and security checks were very quick and simple- just filling out the forms and then my own doctor just had to sign it, same with the eye test. Is it the same for the regulars or do you have to go to a medical officer within the force for them to do blood pressure etc...?

  5. Morning_Glory1546620138
    Started by Morning_Glory1546620138,

    Just had a phone call from Northumbria Police recruitment and i've passed the papersift, i'm over the moon!!! Assessment centre 14th November wooohoo

    • 5 replies
    • 792 views
  6. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    I have just passed the application and waiting to hear about my assessment centre date. The problem is I have a knee injury which requires surgery in the near future, though at this point I can run and sprint on it and did not know it would require surgery when I applied. It is however quite a bad injury.I didn't put this on my application and feel it may count against me. Does anyone know whether such an injury would call for rejection? I feel I would fully recover as I am fit and healthy but it does worry me. Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 767 views
  7. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    Hi I am currently awaiting a medical with WYP, they have said maybe sometime in Nov. Please can someone tell me what to expect on the day. I have in my lifetime had two operations, would that mean I will have to go to the consultants as well as my DR to get their confirmation I am fit for the job. It is such a waiting game, I have been vetted, references have gone but I am still waiting for the medical. I keep finding myself saying to people I will be hopefully leaving, in case the medical goes T**s up. Thanks in anticipation. :smiley_vomit:

  8. Penny123
    Started by Penny123,

    Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone else has their fitness test for Lancs on 30th Nov? Just passed my final interview today Was the most nerve wracking experience of my life! I have downloaded the bleep test so I'm getting on with practicing that. Just wondered about the push/pull; does anyone have any recommended exercises I can do at home? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 362 views
  9. Meadsy4742
    Started by Meadsy4742,

    Hey, well a few weeks ago I got a phone call from LANCS HQ telling me I had passed the paper-sift stage (which I am absouluty proud of - I had doubts of me even getting passed the application stage with my age, Im only 18.) I only know of 5 hours worth of testing and role-play of some sort. To be honest, I'm not THAT nervous about it all, I am quite confident, but does the role-play take part with everyone watching? Again, this wouldn't bother me although I'd like to prepare myself for it. Some of the users on this forum seemed quite nervous and passed no problems. I've always been a doubter of myself, shouldn't do it really, but any help as to what to expect at the …

  10. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    Don't know if anyone can put my mind at rest. I have passed all stages of the Northants application process, (scored quite highly on my fitness too) but am having a few problems with Occy Health. On my medical questionnaire, I ticked that I had suffered from 'Depression' and had also hurt my back a couple of years ago at work. They asked me to write a letter giving more detail, which I did. I have today received another letter saying that they are requesting further details from my GP. I know they were going to get my medical records anyway, but just the wording of the letter is putting the jitters up me a bit. I haven't suffered from said 'Depression' for nearly fo…

  11. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Hi All, Passed my A/C for Bedfordshire and now my medical and got my fitness on Friday. How did everyone else get on? Guybrush

    • 13 replies
    • 619 views
  12. regfromthebill
    Started by regfromthebill,

    Hello all, Just wanted to check if anybody has been contacted with details of their final interview, medical, fitness????. I received a letter on the 19th (Last friday) advising me that I had passed the A/C, and was advised that I would be contacted shortly with dates for the next stages, just don't want to mither the recruitment people.

    • 2 replies
    • 703 views
  13. Nicola1546620137
    Started by Nicola1546620137,

    Hello all well the letter came today and I have passed the final interview for Hampshire !!! I am so pleased and it just goes to show that even though the application process is a long one all good things come to those who wait. I would just like to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me through this process!!

    • 5 replies
    • 436 views
    Nicola1546620137
  14. Jay86
    Started by Jay86,

    I've got my assessment day for Merseyside next month and i'm slowly starting to get more and more worried. I think the maths element should be fine along with the verbal reasoning. It's all the other elements that scare me the most- especially the interview part. It's mainly fear of the unkown that is getting to me. With the role plays u can't really practise as u don't know what they'll throw at you. With the report writing, is there a particular way u have to set it out? How useful are the packs the forces send out to u before the day? Also, what do people tend to wear to assesment days? I was thinking of getting myself a suit. I have smart clothes but not really sure …

    • 3 replies
    • 459 views
  15. Litew8
    Started by Litew8,

    Hi, anyone else on here waiting for the call from Supt. Boon to go either on Red or Green course for Pre-Emp.? Am dying to get that call and leave my current job come January08 (earliest). Regards L.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.