Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kerry1546080985
    Started by kerry1546080985,

    well must i say im very happy i have recently passed my medical with hampshire i have now got my collar number and have a provisional start date of jan '08 all the hard work pays off in the end

    kerry1546080985
  2. JHM
    Started by JHM,

    Any officers on here who have transferred from the Met to PSNI???

    • 3 replies
    • 726 views
  3. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    Hi all, As for those who have been in the situation were you recieve at letter saying YOU HAVE BEEN SUCESSFUL, Will understand how big my smile has been for the last 24 hrs. To make it sweeter, Had my ac 11-09-07 got married 15-09-07 went on hooneymoon 17-09-07 got bk yesterday after a nailing 16 hrs fliying and had the letter waiting for me. Thanks to all those who have given me support and advice for the a/c, Also a note to those who have it up and coming, Be yourselve, Learn your Core Comp's but most of all and i know this might sound strange but try and enjoy it. Regards W1LL

    • 4 replies
    • 495 views
  4. mutley6996
    Started by mutley6996,

    I have my initial interview coming up for tayside police and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect from this portion of the selection process. I am fairly confident that i know what to expect from the A/C and beyond but I cant find any info on the initial interview. So, at the moment I am just working through a list of possible questions that I have got from other sources but I think they might be related more to the later interviews. any help would be greatly appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 536 views
  5. Robb1546620154
    Started by Robb1546620154 * ,

    Hello my Name is Rob, this is my first post, go easy on me Im currently applying for the Gwent Police Force and I was wondering will 3 points on my licence for speaking on a handheld mobile phone hinder my chances of getting into the Force as ive read another post about somebody being refused an application for a driving offence? Im currently a Retained Firefighter and ive bought this up on other Fire related forums and they say that it doesnt affect your application aslong as you bring it up in the application process, i hope this is the same for the Police Force. Thanks Robb

    • 6 replies
    • 963 views
  6. sablitt
    Started by sablitt,

    Hey guys, Is there currently anyone on here waiting for their results from the assessment centre in September? Im expecting my results any day now and was justy wondering if anyone else out there was in the same situation? cheers steve

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Litew8
    Started by Litew8,

    Hello, thought I'd start a little blogg type thing to keep a track of how things are moving along following my decision to join the Police Force. Have applied to Surrey Police in February 2007. Passed the Paper sift shortly thereafter and received an invite to the fitness test in March. Have had the Fitness Assessment in Guildford on April 17th 2007 - Passed. Have been invited to the Assessment Centre (Centrex) at Guildford Uni on the 7th June. So far so good, now getting nervous about the A/C. More soon. Litew8Litew82007-05-04 18:24:57

  8. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Has anyone got a list of practice/example questions for the competency based interview? Or anything else that may be useful?

  9. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    I have finally got in and have been given a start date for Oct 1st Thanks to everyone for their advise and help .....For anyone going through the process at the moment, stay positive if you want it bad enough you will get there.

  10. RHare
    Started by RHare,

    Hi I'm waiting for my A/C date and need to start some fitness training asap. Has anyone got any advice on what sort of fitness I should be doing and how often? Any constructive advise welcome RHare2007-10-14 13:35:37

  11. arronc
    Started by arronc,

    I'm currently waiting for a date for my Assessment center with WMP i know a few others here are in different stages with WMP so could anyone give a time scale of each stage? Am i looking at early next year to here a date for training? Obviously only if i pass! Thanks

  12. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi all, dont know where i should be to ask this question, but can any one tell me which cuff pen key is best suited to the rigid cuffs? as the standard issue ones are fiddly and easy to loose. Wanna b

  13. CeeBee1
    Started by CeeBee1,

    I start training to be a PC Anyone else from the area. Can I just say WOOO HOOO! Ceebee

  14. NewPlod?
    Started by NewPlod?,

    Hello, Firstly, apologies in advance is this is entirely inappropriate, but I am trying to get some idea of pay scales for a police officer in Northamptonshire. I will be 33 next year, and hope to have my mortgage paid off. Would also like to do something worthwhile (rather than IT). Was thinking that joining the police might be it. Can anyone advise on how much pay is likely to be upon joining? What about after two year? Five years? It is realistically too late to consider it at 33? I know it sounds incredibly mercenary to talk about money before even applying, but I still have a wife and two kids to support

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. cjmarrio
    Started by cjmarrio,

    Hi I've just handed my application form into Derbyshire Police. I know there's nothing more i can do now till i hear if i pass the paper sift, but does anyone know how many mistakes you're allowed, or how many marks there is on the application and what is the pass mark? Cheers, Chris

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.