Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi, Received letter this week saying next uptake for recruits is in November. Still got fitness test to do which hopefully consists of just the bleep test and push/pull test or is there more for Northumbria? Any idea what notice you get before the test (2 weeks etc...) as although not unfit want to pass 1st time. Cheers Jeff

    • 3 replies
    • 378 views
  2. Hector1546620152
    Started by Hector1546620152,

    Have just completed a passed the fitness test and have sent back all of the forms - how long does it normally take to get to the medical? Am anxious to get to the next stage...

  3. schlong1546619932
    Started by schlong1546619932,

    I was hoping for some info as i am thinking about a transfer to the met. Is there many out there that have done so and if they have what’s the difference between county forces. I am applying for Croydon as its the closest and less travelling time and I was hoping you could tell me about shifts, management, bad points ect, ect. I’d appreciate any honest advice as although i am attending the open event for transferees i don’t think and bunch of HR personnel are best suited to tell me the real side of transferring to the met. Many thanks

  4. Gizmo!
    Started by Gizmo!,

    Can't believe I'm one of the people on this forum who's lucky enough to say I've passed!!! I received an email from the force I applied to telling that I passed with 63%. I am soooooooooooo happy. Another two of my friends also passed, we are in complete shock at the moment. Good luck to everyone else, just think if Gizmo can do it, so can you!!! Best, xxx

    Tim in the South
  5. morrissey
    Started by morrissey * ,

    I appreciate that this is a topic that has been covered before, but I would be grateful if anybody out there could provide me with some insight. I have recently passed my assessment centre and will shortly be attending my medical examination. I do, however, have a history of taking anti-depressants. I was diagnosed with reactive depression in January 2001 and for a regular period up until February 2004, I was prescribed anti– depressants. By the time I will have undertaken my medical, it will be approximately 4 years since I was on this medication. Obviously I have concerns that my medical record will stop me from joining up. Does anybody out there know what the OFF…

    • 2 replies
    • 884 views
    Tim in the South
  6. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Hi Everyone. Just wondering, can you apply for both the regs and the specials in the same force at the same time?

    • 3 replies
    • 562 views
  7. Mongoose1546620082
    Started by Mongoose1546620082,

    Hello Everyone, just wondering if anyone could clarify the possibility of running two application forms at the same time. Let say for example i apply to GMP, receive the application form and at the same time ring up Cheshire, receive the application then send them both back to the respective recruitment teams. Firstly, would this be allowed and secondly could i decide to withdraw one of the applications if i the other fails at the paper sift and the other makes it through to the A/C? Thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 496 views
  8. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    1) This one is a little hard to explain, so I'll try anyway: I want to apply to join South Yorkshire Police. If for some reason I change my mind, is it a good idea to move away from home (I'm still living with my parents) and apply to another in another county that is rather far away (ie. GMP, Hampshire, etc.)? As in a good idea considering costs. 2) If you fail with one force, is the 6 month wait for that particular force, or all forces in the UK?

    • 2 replies
    • 598 views
    Tim in the South
  9. jamieyorkshire
    Started by jamieyorkshire,

    Does anyone know exactly how many spelling and grammar errors you are allowed to make on the written report exercises at the A/C? Thanks.

    Tim in the South
  10. Arksos
    Started by Arksos,

    Hey all, after a long old slog i got Provisional start date few months ago, for december, Oxfordshire BCU, My pre-intake fitness, dna and warrant card day is coming up for 10th October 07, Just wondering if anyone else out there has a pre-intake then ? I left my bunch of guys and gals, who i went through assessment centre and fitness test with. They all got into training August and July this year, I couldnt start until after September due to holiday and work commitments. So my intake got put back to the next window, December Feeling a little bit out of the loop, last contact with the TVP was June 12th at my medical and subsequent letters sin…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Charlotte86
    Started by Charlotte86 * ,

    Hello everyone, I've just received my application form for Lancashire Police Force and have been reading lots of the posts on here for help and advice about the whole application process. Lots of my questions have already been answered from previous posts but I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer for me. I apologise in advance if this is a really silly question because I think I already know the answer is obviously yes but I just wanted to double check. Under the 'Convictions and Cautions' section on the application form do I have to declare that I received a £30 fine for not wearing my seat belt 3 years ago? It was a very stupid and dangerous thi…

  12. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Just a quick question. Just say you get accepted into the police and you start your training. Is it true you spend 15 weeks training at a police college (mine would be Tulliallan) Do you have to be a resident for 15 weeks? Just wondering how it works. I have two children and it would be hard not seeing them for 15 weeks if you have to stay. Does anyone know how it works?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    little miss sunshine
  13. emma821546620147
    Started by emma821546620147,

    Hi, Do all forces conduct pre A/C interviews? I have applied for Thames Valley and I have A/C in November. They haven't said anything about an interview but I keep reading how people are having interviews before their A/C??

    • 1 reply
    • 354 views
  14. DTM1546620096
    Started by DTM1546620096,

    Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was any Australian police officers available to give advice on transferring over to australia. My partner and I are both Police Officers and are looking at living over in Australia. What is the Australian force like and whats required to transfer over. Any information on living and what the force maybe able to do to help will be appreciated. Thanks Dan

  15. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Sent of my application form on MONDAY for West Midlands Police! How long before I can expect to get the PASS or FAIL letter? Secondly how can I avoid getting a D in the Respect for Race and Diversity area in the Written excercises, Role plays and the Interview? I really struggled on this one in my last A/C for Essex! so please advice thanks and it will be greatly appreciated. Shoaib

    • 7 replies
    • 870 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.