Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Daniel Smith
    Started by Daniel Smith,

    Any one else go their AC date on the 13072007? I have and I cant believe how much homework I have got to do. Aiming to work an hour a night on revision. Can any one add any good pointers? Only had to wait 6 months for a date , but I know it will be worth it in the end

    • 6 replies
    • 620 views
    The Backwards Man
  2. wrxmatt
    Started by wrxmatt,

    Is it true police officers get free rail travel, i would rather use it than drive the car into work. many thanks Matt

  3. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    So i passed my a/c today! any idea as to how long i can expect to wait for a fitness and medical date? i asked recruitment but alls they said was 'how long is a piece of string?' which suggests i could be in for a long wait...

  4. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Can anyone recommend any training courses or distance learning courses for getting into the police? I live in Scotland and have only come across training days based in England. I wouldnt mind any recommendations on books, CD's DVD's etc in helping you through the selection process. I have "How to pass the police recruitment tests" and a few on psychometric tests. It would just be nice to get an experience of practise role plays and interviews etc to get an idea what to expect. (And how to respond correctly of course.)

    • 5 replies
    • 595 views
  5. jtcov29
    Started by jtcov29,

    Hi All Is anyone else attending the assessment centre on 12th September in Birmingham? Jon

    • 4 replies
    • 420 views
  6. ollieb1546620150
    Started by ollieb1546620150 * ,

    Good evening all, I've just started my A levels and plan to go to university before joining the Police. My dad keeps mentioning the fast track system that enables you to join as an inspector trainee. While this is obviously good in the way of having more salary and responsibility, it must be crap for getting true experience as a Bobby. How do you think is the best way to join, through fast track or as a constable with a degree? Also, for my own curiosity, what did you do before you joined and do you plan on going up the ranks? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long-winded questions.

    • 8 replies
    • 680 views
  7. ten bob
    Started by ten bob,

    Found out today, via the online tracking system and email, that I have been unsuccessful at the assessment day stage for WYP. Obviously I'm in pieces. I felt that the day went pretty well, and perhaps even enjoyed it to some extent. I haven't recieved any feedback yet, and it's killing me not knowing how I messed up so bad. Can't believe that I would think I'd done well and then fail to reach even the lowered pass mark. The whole thing stinks of a D in RRD, although I thought I'd covered those areas sufficiently. I know I need to adopt a more positive attitude, and that I'll eventually get over it. However, it's likely that I'll be waiting over a year to get back in th…

    • 5 replies
    • 626 views
  8. Jess Biggins
    Started by Jess Biggins,

    I would just like to say that my force are awesome! They're letting me retake the fitness test in a month for a possible start date of 3rd Nov! I was expecting to be withdrawn and have to do everything again!

    • 3 replies
    • 457 views
    The Backwards Man
  9. Norn Iron
    Started by Norn Iron * ,

    Hi, I stumbled upon this and have found it a good source of info. I am in the middle of completing my application for the Northern Constabulary, its proving a lot tougher than I thought to come up with examples . Has any one had any experiences with this force from applying to even working for them? What should I expect if I get through the Papersift and the SET? Also what is it like to work up there? Cheers Dave

    • 5 replies
    • 620 views
  10. AFREUDEN
    Started by AFREUDEN,

    Hi everyone I have applied for GMP (I know, I must be mad!!) ive passed the physical, interview and assessments (phew!) but just awaiting medical now. Not sure how long it takes after the medical to receive a letter of acceptance or rejection? Would luv to hear a bit of GOOD stuff about the benefits of working for the police, I have heard enough negatives to last me a life Ange

  11. Andrew.
    Started by Andrew. * ,

    Hey, I'm 16 years of age from Surrey, Sunbury. The police force has always interested me and I'd like to join at 18.5! I have a choice to make, having recieved my GCSE results passing what is required to join, is there any need for me to go to college to get A levels? I'd ideally like to work for the 2 years making money and joining at 18, would the A levels give me much of a better chance of joining? I suppose it depends on how many people are being recruited in my area. Without A levels will I get every application form shot down because other people have higher qualifications?

    • 10 replies
    • 947 views
  12. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hello Everyone Just quickly looked through todays News of The World sunday paper. Headline on page 24 "Thick Blue Line".... Exam passes easy for half-wit PC's. Forces across England and Wales have lowered the pass mark from 60 per cent to 50 per cent because so few applicants are making the grade.. Hampshire Constabulary is one of the first to lower the pass mark and told more than "200 flops" they can be cops after all !!! A force spokesman said " There had been a significant drop in the number who were passing at 60% so we decided to pass anyone who gets 50% and over. Anyone with any comments on this!!! I don't think they realise how many stages of the process yo…

  13. j24dudley
    Started by j24dudley * ,

    I need help with my competency questions for the application, can anybody help as i have previously been turned down at the app form stage. I am a serving prison officer and i cannot understand why i would not pass the app form stage??? Cheers

  14. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi Everyone Blimey... how chuffed am I. Received the letter from Hampshire to say I have past the final Interview. The only down side is that I have to re-take the fitness, but I have just done the bleep in the garden and got to level 6.1 .... think it was nerves, upset tum, and a headache what made me fail. But, anyway, I passed.... big grin or what. My hubby and son are made up! Well done Falcon too for passing. Hampshire Hopeful, have you heard?? OK... Question to anyone: What happens now? if I leave it a couple of weeks to work on my fitness, will this postpone me joining the others who I passed the interview with going forward to medical/security? Wud rathe…

    • 8 replies
    • 487 views
    Nicola1546620137
  15. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    Ok, so I've got my second medical coming up (been in the process so long I need to take another). I suffered from mild asthma as a kid, used preventers and reliever inhalers... which since disappeared in my early teens. Up to the time of my last medical my doctor wrote my asthma off as virtually non-existent, passed the medical fine. In the year or so since then I've had some mild hayfever, one the symptoms of which included a tight chest and some other mild asthma like symptoms... I went to my GP who gave me some inhalers, which sorted the whole thing out a treat and since I've not really used the inhalers and the symptoms seem to have disappeared (linked to pollen I thi…

    • 4 replies
    • 721 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.