Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Falcon1546080809
    Started by Falcon1546080809,

    Well on Wednesday its the final day, not worried about the fitness, or really the 5 min briefing. But any ideas of what to expect after that?> what are kind of questions are they going to ask me for 40 mins? Thanks! Mark

    • 2 replies
    • 346 views
  2. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I have now been waiting 3 months for a medical and I am really fed up with it all. Everything was moving OK up to passing the assessment centre in April and then it all seems to slow up. Was told October start date when I applied now it is looking more like January 08! Made even worse by the fact that I hate my current job. And I was told West Mercia was efficient! I phoned HR last week and told them they have had my medical forms since June and I was told they had not even been looked at yet by OH because of a computer system change which was causing problems. Has anyone else who applied to West Mercia in January 07 has similar problem at this stage?

  3. zach1546620148
    Started by zach1546620148,

    hi i'm a police corporal with 12 years service in trinidad, before that i had 7 years as a SRP ( our Special constable), our laws were derived from uk laws, there is'nt much opportunities for further training or advancement, what are the chances of me being employed in the uk force, and what's the proceedures, any advice would be apreciated tnkx

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    zach1546620148
  4. Lozza1546620147
    Started by Lozza1546620147,

    Just wondering if anyone else has been givern confirmation for the 1st Oct?

    • 6 replies
    • 967 views
    Lozza1546620147
  5. Leanne M
    Started by Leanne M,

    Hi Everyone, I've passed the application stage and now have an assessment day to attend on 6th Oct for Herts police - anyone else going to be attending this? Would be good for some morale support as even though it's 6 weeks away, I'm getting nervous already! Planning everything carefully though and I'm working through a great book by Ian Hutchinson that I ordered from patrol Store (I can highly recommend this!) - it is really helpful for structuring answers to the competency based questions. Hopefully speak to some of you soon.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. andy178981546620138
    Started by andy178981546620138,

    Hi, i have recently passed all the stages of recruitment, and am awaiting s/c and references. The thing is, i know i will get s/c cause i got clearance back in may so they are transferring that, but i only have one past employment referee. I have my two character references but my previous jobs have gone bust so there is no way of contacting them. However my job that i left in february, i was made "redundant" but left on bad terms. The reference forms my other character referees have had were yes no questions like "was he trustworthy", what will happen if i get a "bad" reference from my past employer, i know its illegal to give a bad one, but they could say i wasnt trus…

    • 2 replies
    • 705 views
  7. ninjajames
    Started by ninjajames,

    Does anyone know / has anyone experianced a fitness test for specials in staffs? I only ask as I really really want to do it.

    • 5 replies
    • 344 views
  8. arronc
    Started by arronc,

    Anybody know where i can find some revision, examples of questions? I found the odd few questions but wanted some quantity to revise from, Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    If anyone out there is looking for an example of what an interactive exercise looks like at the Assessment Centre, please see the attached link:- http://www.npia.police.uk/en/6954.htm The exercise is called 'Murray' and typical of current exercises.

  10. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    Hi all. In the process of transferring my a/c pass mark to the Met and told to expect 2-4 months for a start date. Just put down my top 6 borough choices, which are: 1. Camden 2. Brent 3. Westminster 4. Kensington & Chelsea 5. Hammersmith & Fulham 6. Islington What are the chances of getting placed on any of these boroughs? Secondly, what are they 'like' work wise? I.e. which are the busier boroughs in terms of jobs? What are the main jobs to be sent to on these boroughs? LASTLY, which is the best borough from the above for access coming into London from Milton Keynes? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 875 views
  11. Candice1546620147
    Started by Candice1546620147,

    Hi I'm just doing my paper application and I'm not sure if I need to mention a parking ticket that I got three/four years ago. Sorry if this seems a silly question but I keep ready different things. Can anyone advise, please? Candice

    • 2 replies
    • 515 views
    Candice1546620147
  12. Lins0304
    Started by Lins0304,

    Just wondered if anyone had heard back from DC yet after the recent recruitment drive? I know it can sometimes take a while but I'm getting twitchy. A couple of piece of mail haven't made it to my front door, and I'm paranoid now!

    • 1 reply
    • 387 views
  13. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    Well, I'm 17 at the moment, and wanting to join the police force later (hopefully as soon as I meet the age req.). Anyway, I've applied for a CCTV Operating job (voluntary), at Derbyshire Constabulary. I was sent the vetting forms (about 2 forms of about 20 questions!), and started to fill them in. Anyway my question is, and is probably relevant to joining the police force too: My mum's boyfriend was disqualified for 18 months for drink driving about 2 and a half years ago. He isn't my father, and they aren't married, so would that affect my vetting at all? Also, I haven't seen my father since I was four, and haven't had any contact with him since then, so I have no id…

    • 1 reply
    • 508 views
  14. catsandtrees
    Started by catsandtrees,

    Hi all, I today received my formal offer and my collar number and will start on 24th September. A big thank you to all on here. Good luck to all of those going through the application stages. 23 weeks at Uni now which I am not looking forward to but needs must. Will keep an eye on here to see how you are all doing. Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything. Chantel

  15. vokes
    Started by vokes,

    Hi, I am keen to get into the force, but whilst living with my friend, he was thinking about joining the specials. I considered it as a way in, but have also heard of people who have been specials for a couple of years, and go no further to joining the force full time.

    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.