Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Simon Andrews
    Started by Simon Andrews * ,

    Just trying to find some people who goin in on the same day as me?If you are get in touch.Cheers.

    • 0 replies
    • 418 views
    Simon Andrews *
  2. Nick18
    Started by Nick18,

    Hello all!! Does anyone have an idea when West Yorkshire next intake is??? I have my medical in September ( I heard a rumour it is possibly oct 14th). I know they are currently vetting me at the mo...How long usually after the medical does it take?? Also how long do they give you notice to when the intake is for handing notice in with present employers.. I have held my references back until i have been given the all clear with my eyesight on my medical because i wear contacts/glasses etc...They said this slows the process but they understood why I wanted to do this!! I thought with most offers of jobs they would not contact employers/references until an offer of employme…

    • 3 replies
    • 748 views
    Simon Andrews *
  3. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    WestMids PASS MARK? anyone there that knows?

  4. kirkie
    Started by kirkie,

    Just a quick question, but what I would like to know is how many witness statements do you do whilst at training school? The reason I ask this is because all the students I have tutored have said that they do one only and it isn't even marked or no feedback given. In my opinion this is very poor and I think you should do at least 1 a week and not just in a classroom environment. Statements are our bread & butter and if you can't take a good, quality statement well what can I say?

    • 25 replies
    • 2.9k views
  5. catsandtrees
    Started by catsandtrees,

    I am due to start 3 weeks tomorrow. I have just bent down and pulled my lower back. I am now lying down on my bed scared to death! Hubby does not think it is a slipped disk as I am not in enough pain. It does blimin hurt when I move in certain positions. I am worried about seeing my GP as it will then be on my record. Should I spend some money on a visit to a Chiropractor to get a proper diognosis? I know that worse case scenario I could postpone my start date until Jan 08 but then I will have to tell recruitment and then Occi Health will get involved and that is probably me scrapped! I am hoping in a couple of days it will be OK. Anyone hurt their back on her…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    its been 2 weeks.....im getting very inpatient!! has anyone heard anything if you went to the A/C on this day or there abouts?

    • 10 replies
    • 432 views
  7. ten bob
    Started by ten bob,

    Hi guys, Just reviewing my competency examples from my application form, and I'm trying to fit in as many positive indicators as possible. However, I'm having a little trouble assigning each assessed competency to it's corresponding question on the application form. To the best of my understanding, the AC interview assesses Personal Responsibility Resilience Teamworking Respect for Race and Diversity and Effective Communication Now correct me if I'm wrong, but effective communication does not have it's own specific question, and is assessed throughout the interview. Next, on the application form, teamworking and resilience are easily identifiable. Is…

    • 5 replies
    • 502 views
  8. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Hello all I recently got my results for the AC. Unfortunately I failed with a score of 55% I'm just wondering is it possible for me to transfer my application to a force that accepts 50% as the pass mark? And if so how do I go about it? Who are the forces that have lowered their marks? And can i do this straight away or do i have to wait 6 months. Thanks very much for your help.

    • 5 replies
    • 773 views
  9. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Just generally wondering what I am doing wrong regarding fitness. I have noticed a fair amount of people on this board say "its a stroll" "its so easy my mum could do it" etc etc. Now I didnt consider myself unfit. Mainly because since school I have for most of the time exercised at LEAST 3 times a week (exept during my pregnancies) I went out to practise a beep test the other day and only got to 4.2! I feel like a total idiot now after everyone saying its sooooo easy if you dont pass it you must be really really really unfit! What am I doing wrong here? I am guessing it is because even though I work out most days its not intense enough to train my body to push itself…

    • 30 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. starz
    Started by starz,

    Can people just let me know if you purchased' 'How to Pass the Police Initial Recruitment Test (Paperback) by H. Tolley , Ken Thomas , Catherine Tolley 1997 edition? Are there any other books people think i should purchase?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. catsandtrees
    Started by catsandtrees,

    I have noticed recently that some forces are reducing the assessment centre pass mark from 60% to 50%. I am curious to know whether people think it is a good thing or not. I would love to hear from existing officers re this as well as people going through the recruitment process. Thanks I know that lots of you have looked at this thread so how about you voting as well!

    • 7 replies
    • 735 views
  12. Johan73
    Started by Johan73,

    Hi there, Is there anyone out there due to start with West Midlands on 28th August? I am and I will be missing the briefing in July (due to going on holiday!) so wondered if anyone can give me an update on the content? Equally has anyone recently joined West Mids that can tell me what happens next? Have got my date to get uniform....but what else? Recruitment tell me there is a CD rom to work through before I start! Cheers Johan73

    • 33 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. Mozza1546620133
    Started by Mozza1546620133,

    Hi all, I was wondering, can anybody give me a quick run through on the role play section please? What should i expect, what type of tasks did you encounter etc. Thanks alot, Sam

    • 4 replies
    • 745 views
  14. jenfur79
    Started by jenfur79,

    Having taken the pre-assessment centre interview on Thursday, I settled down for the long wait, but to be pleasantly surprised when I recieved my letter today saying I was going to the Assessment Centre in September! I passed! Whoo hoo! A whole new set of worries for me to cherish! Anyone else from Bedfordshire on here going through the same motions? Matt B, have you heard back?

    • 5 replies
    • 485 views
  15. cjcmacleod
    Started by cjcmacleod,

    Got back from honeymoon yesterday and letter was on the mat saying that I had now passed all stages. Has anyone had your start date yet? I was hoping to make 22/10 intake, but aint sure and can't phone till Tuesday. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Pcrainy

    • 1 reply
    • 426 views
    andy178981546620138

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.