Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Okay, so everyone has to divulge an embarrassing story at some point and I guess now is as good a time as any. This is something I haven't thought too much about until now but reading some posts on "In the job" I figured I would ask for information on this. I was driving to work on a sunday morning during the Labour Party Conference in Manchester. As is fitting with such a high level event there were police -everywhere- and many of these police officers had set up a roadblock round the hotel where all the important people were staying. The problem with this was that they had closed the only road I knew how to get to work on (I had been driving for 3 months and we're tal…
-
Hi I start 08/10/07 but haven't had my letter confirming it yet. Just received a phone call after passing fitness in mid-Aug. Is anyone else in this position? When can I expect my letter? :)
-
- 20 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, thanks for all the help you've given me so far. I have recently been invited for a specials evening at Avon and Somerset police force, however in 4 days, Gwent open applications, and I'll be applying to be regs with Gwent. The application process for the regs can take a long time, so I was wondering if it's worth my going to the specials evening and possibly becoming a special for the next year. Also, on the A&S page, it doesn't specify how long commitment they ask for with the A&S specials. One last thing; At the moment I'm unemployed and I was wondering if that would make a different with the specials? Thanks, Sam.
-
Hi folks! I'm going to the seminar tonight at Tally-Ho! where they tell me at which OCU I'll be based, have a general introduction to the force and what will be expected of me and give me a large workbook to go through before I start on 08/10/07... Excited! Anyone else coming tonight!!?! (There doesn't seem to be any new recruits for WMP's October intake on here, I've had no response on the other thread yet either!!)
-
- 18 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello there. I'm currently filling in the police application form and I have a question, I hope someone can help me out. In the "about your employment" section it asks you to account for any gaps in your employment, what would be the best way to put this down on the form? How have other people done this? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Also, I've had a couple of periods of unemployment (I'm currently unemployed ) does anyone know how much this will be frowned upon during the selection process?
-
Hi all I have my medical test for the Essex Police next week, but I have yet to inform my current employers of my application. I can't see any reason why I would be rejected, but I decided to play it safe, as it is nice to have a fallback option if my police application does fall through. However, I don't like the idea of my current boss being contacted for a reference before I have had the chance to tell him first. On my application i ticked the box that said 'no' to 'can we contact this referee now?', so I was wondering when the referees are contacted? Do I have to give my permission to allow them to be contacted? Or is it done as soon is the medical is passed? Any he…
-
Well my A/C was on the 31st August so it's exactly 14 days today! Hopefully I should hear something back from WYP today as the wait is getting harder & harder! Anyone else attend the A/C on the 31st August (or that same week) and heard back yet? Anyone know if it's true that the people who have failed get their results first? Cheers and good luck to anyone whose waiting for their results!
-
- 2 replies
- 753 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just glancing down I noticed that we have a fair few threads on fitness problems so I thought it would be great if as a way of cheering folk up and offering some inspiration to get fitter I started a thread on physical feats. So, what physical feat have you recently done? What are you proudest of? What would you like to do? Perhaps here people can find advice on training for certain challenges from others. It doesn't have to be Everest, :o it's just whatever for you was a big turning-point or achievement. If you want to brag, go for it, but remember this is meant to inspire people. For me it was running the Race For Life last year, as that not only raised money for c…
-
- 9 replies
- 556 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anyone applied for Derbyshire (closing date 20th July) and heard if they have passed or failed? I sent m application form off but have not heard anything else since.
-
Hi, I've sent my application off to West Midlands this week. i know im in for a wait just wandering how long. When i applied to west Midlands it was less than a month. Anyone applied to West Midlands lately? Dan
-
Hi guys, Most of you will have seen me post up and down this forum in the last few months, but this is the first time I'm pretty nervous and cannot seem to settle my nerves Anyway, just thought I'd start a thread to hook in any WYP A/C attendees for this week, so that we can panic together, and share our experiences, nightmares, concerns, and (fingers crossed) joy if we are successful I'll start - got my water torture on Thursday @ 8.15. Not concerned my the numerical/verbal/written tests. Worried most by the role plays because they are the hardest to prepare for, and it's impossible to predict accurately the possible scenarios. The interview is also a bit iffy, b…
-
- 33 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I’ve had a letter through confirming that my A/C will beheld on either the 6th or 7th of October at the Cheshire Constabulary Winsford HQ. I’ve not had my exact date through yet but I'm so glad to get this far. Apparently some people who were told they had a space have since been sent a letter to say that Cheshire have had to cut back on the number of recruits and that there'll be no more recruitment for another 2 years! Thankfully I did really well in my application, came in the top 5%, so I've been lucky enough to still be offered a date. How has everyone found their A/C's so far? Is anyone attending the October A/C? Can't believe things are starting to move …
-
- 5 replies
- 429 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading through the threads with great interest! I have a couple of burning questions hopefully someone can help with? I was so thrilled to hear the thud of a large letter as this said to me I was getting my shot at the centre (3rd oct)! Now i'm both terrified and excited at the chance to shine or get totally shot down. Firstly, with regards to the interview, will they ask you the same questions you answered on your application form and/or get you to expand on them answers? If they ask different questions is it acceptable to use the same examples from the form or would they expect fresh senarios? Secondly, I have read th…
-
- 5 replies
- 449 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm currently in a state of limbo-like uncertainty and it sucks majorly. Next August my girlfriend starts in Cardiff university, which means she has to move from here (Somerset) to Cardiff, and I'm going with her. We're gonna' be renting a flat together, which is where my problem comes. South Wales police have announced that they're recruiting in November, and Gwent police have announced that they're recruiting tomorrow. Obviously, in order to pay my half of the flat, I'm desperately hoping to be in training by this time next year (If I get in at all). Therefore I would like to hear from people who have got into either Gwent or SWP about how long the whole process took f…
-
Hi all, For thoses who have attended the assesment day, YOU will know exactly what i mean!!!! Just got back from Sulhamstead were i had my TVP A/C, I feel mentally drained, I have nothing left to give. The nightmare and the long wait has begun, Like most i am now going over everything that i did and thinking O CRAP.....! If i am homest i feel the interview and the role plays went ok, The written excercise i was bad at, Scruffy hand writting and only just over a page for each anwser...! Oh well all done now, Maldives here i come........:) Got luck to all thoses who have there a/c soon W1LL