Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
What kind of questions are you asked in the interview? Thanks. :)
-
hi does anybody else have there fitness test on 12th november 07? i have my medical on 16th nov the whole process has been way tooooooooooooooooo slow its really frustrating.I was told i was looking at a oct start few months back but it seems more like new year im so gutted
-
- 28 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Most people would agree 5.4 is way too low for the police bleep test. Just wondering (I had to do a bleep test as part of the fitness element of my Public Services course) whether 8.1 on a 20m track is respectable? If not, what would you say is much more reasonable?
-
- 11 replies
- 891 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I applied to 3 different forces over the period of 1 year, with exactly the same answers to each force especially for the compitances In particular, the 1st came back as grades A,B,A,B,A The 2nd force stated I haden't passed and gave grades C,C,C,C,C The 3rd force gave grades C,D,C,C,B How is it, that apparantely, they are all supposed to score impartially and against the same board, they are reported differently?
-
Hello there. I have a question regarding the references you have to provide. Quoted from the application form notes: "These should preferably be two employers and should include your current employer (or most recent employer, if you are currently unemployed). Personal references should only be given if you have not been employed or are self-employed." and "They should not be related to you and you should have known them for at least three years." I'm sorry to sound simple but does this mean I won't be able to put my previous employer down as a reference (as I haven't known them for three years)? So I will just have to supply two non-employer references instead? As…
-
I've noticed that I'm starting quite a few threads for questions, so I'm bringing them into this topic only now, so prevent topic spamming from yours truely. Question 1 - Got to the part about previous crimes and I've only ever had one encounter with the police, and I'm not sure if I should put it down. Basically, when I was about 11/12, someone took a picture of me doing my shoelaces up on a building, but it looked like I was trying to kick the door in. Nothing came of it until about a year later when the police were round my house for something my dad did. Next thing I know the copper pulled the picture out and said "I knew I recognised you!" and I got a slapped wr…
-
I have just been filling out the sickness record on my form and after getting a print out from work i had a period off to have an operation on my knee, for this period they have put it down as an operation rather than sickness. Do i include this with the rest of the sickness? thanks Russell
-
hi everyone. im COMPLETELY new to all this, but hopefully you'll be seeing me as a regular on here from now on, im planning on applying for constable , strathclyde in january. i have a few questions, i know the answers will be on the forum here else where, but i can only get online for very short periods of time right now, so thought i'd ask what i had to ask in one post. hopefully some of you folk can help out, you all seem helpful enough.(i should hope so, this being a police forum lol) firstly, after i apply, what are they (strathclyde) wanting as far as references go, just the standard two references from my last two or last employer? or are they wanting references…
-
just found out today from a fellow forum member that for strathclyde police , the application process takes one year! what does this mean specifically, that when i send off the application form i wont hear ANYTHING for a year? what does this mean, surely that can't be right, if that was the case you'd have loads of people believeing that they hadn't been succesful and giving up on the idea, a year is a long time. unless im completely wrong , and have misenterpreted this? this question obviously goes to people who know about the strathclyde police etc. a year is rediculous, i may think about applying for another force. if anyone could explain this to me, i'd be greatf…
-
Hi everyone. I have a form here from West Mids that asks "Do i require living quarters as a serving officer?" Does this mean living quarters for currently serving officers who are transferring, or for people such as myself who are new to the force??? (If successful at medical/fitness!!!) If i am successful, i will indeed have to relocate from South Wales. Does anyone have any information on these quarters too??? Like how much rent per month, their location, and what they are like??? Any help much appreciated... Thanks again Ash
-
- 8 replies
- 741 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Thought I would kick off a Topic for all those recently got through the Merseyside Papersift and are awaiting the Assessment Centre.. Got my letter on 9th July when I got back off my holidays, lovely thing to come back to, I am now just waiting for the assessment centre date. Does anyone know where the assessment centre is held? I am really hoping to avoid the week of 6th-10th August, my work are sending me on a course in Manchester and it could be awkward if the assessment centre is in that week... I have started to get some books together, just ordered the Ian Hutchinson book "Police Recruitment Selection Process" and a friend is lending me a few others, I wa…
-
Hi all, im applying to the Greater Manchester Police in 9 days time because thats when i turn 18 Im currently filling in the application form ready to send off on my birthday =) however, i have several issues and worries about getting in. Firstly, the application for the gmp closes in december and as im applying only 3 months before this wont most of the places have been taken? Ive seen other people on this forum discussing the october 15th intake of officers and this worries me as to when (if i pass through the application process) would i join. My A Levels finish in June but i have a feeling I will have missed my chance by then and there will be no more intakes. Tha…
-
Hi, Two weeks ago I submitted the electronic version of the Met's application form after having attended one of their recruitment events. Currently the Met are not requiring people with degrees to answer the CBQs. Therefore, as instructed on the form, I entered Graduate in all the CBQ boxes. I am a serving Special Constable in another force, and as such, have only recently been through the vetting procedure. The Met's IT system is currently experiencing some difficulties (so I am told) so my application is showing as not having been received, however the recruitment department assure me it has. The result of this is that my application is currently at a standstill until …
-
I'm drafting my application and am unsure about the 'other activities' section. Due to my personal circumstances (spending 13 hours a day at or travelling to work then seeing my other half who lives 200 miles away at weekends) I have very little time for community activities. In the past I've helped at local horse shows and way back I did some voluntary work at a mental health hospital but nothing recently. Will this cause problems for my application? Do things like reading up on drugs help? Any more suggestions? Thanks from an old applicant (is 38 just waaaaay to old?!)
-
does anyone know where i can find an example of the scottish set online? a few people in the past have left links, to the strathclyde police website, but that always leads me to the homepage, and i can't find anything. if anyone knows any good places where i can read the exams and know what i've got coming , that would be brilliant.