Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    Hi I have a fitness test on Oct, may sound stupid but do I go suited and booted and change there, or just go in my sports stuff??

    • 6 replies
    • 679 views
    andy178981546620138
  2. SP8600
    Started by SP8600,

    Just passed my medical for GMP!!! So the next I hear should be my start date... Anyone any idea how long GMP take to inform you at this stage?

    • 1 reply
    • 378 views
    andy178981546620138
  3. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    hey police folks. i have a question , its about the medical. speciofically, what does it consist of? what happens when you walk in? i've never had a medical done before and am very curious.

    • 2 replies
    • 418 views
    andy178981546620138
  4. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    i have a question about this papersift i keep hearing about on the forum. what is the papersift? at first i imaged it was the administration going through ALL the applications they got and deciding which ones go through to the next stage, this made sense to me, but then i realised that everyone applies at different times throughout the year, so rather than getting loads of application forms at once to "sift" through, they get the graduallu througout the year, so my first guess must be wrong. i know its silly, but can someone who knows tell me specifically what is meant by the papersift? thanks stephen.

    • 3 replies
    • 703 views
  5. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All Is this true. Had an email from a reliable source saying that Hampshire Constabulary are now NOT paying students travel expenses to training school in Netley. They are encouraging new recruits to stay in "digs" mon-fri paying £5 a day + 3 meals a day. I live on the Isle of Wight and am due to start training Jan 08. I have a diabetic son, so would need to commute daily from the Island. If I have to pay for my own travel, I will have to pull out as I could not afford it. It would be along the lines of £300 + a month in travel costs (ferry, train, bus, car park etc). Anyone else heard of this? I have tried to call recruiting today, but they are out all week…

    • 4 replies
    • 865 views
    taximan1546620106
  6. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    I received my results on Tuesday telling me I passed. It was via email and they have said I will get further info in the post. I am so pleased I am really sorry for anyone who has failed, juts keep trying. xx

  7. N3ChrisC
    Started by N3ChrisC,

    Hello everyone, Today i have quickly browsed through the forums and can not find any information from other users that relates to the information i need. I know that this forum has a bunch of polite and helpful people so thanks in advance for answering my questions. Note: I meet all the requirements. Question 1 I'm in my final year of school studying my A2's which end around June/July. Im undecided on whether i should apply now or after i leave school? Question 2 Im 5'9 and turned 18 this month. I'm at that very early stage. Do many young adults at my age apply at this time or do they wait and try and get some work experience which will help me get into a particu…

  8. Laura1302
    Started by Laura1302,

    Hello everyone Whilst Reading about the core competencies that you are marked on in the interview I also read about being marked also against "Negative Indicators" Where can I find a list or note about these negative indicators? Anyone know where to find them?

    • 3 replies
    • 555 views
  9. AmoUsher
    Started by AmoUsher,

    Hey, I live in Doncaster, but as there is currently no recruitment window for South Yorkshire Police Force, I am intending of applying to Greater Manchester instead, I live 45 miles away, as I've calculated the distance using a postcode distance calculator and this would take me about a 75 minute drive there and back for each shift if I was successful. My question is therefore this: "Will this affect my chances of getting accepted into the police force because I live quite a distance away?"

    • 2 replies
    • 646 views
  10. Falcon1546080809
    Started by Falcon1546080809,

    Hello! I had my medical a few weeks ago, and had to go along with all my documents, Eye sight form, driving licence, NI number ect. I got a letter on the day telling me i basicly have the Job pending the security check (which i had to fill out when i was there. I have not heard anything yet, has any one else? I have never been in trouble or even questioned by a police officer before that i can think of, so i should be fine. You know what its like though waiting for a final answer after a long process. Can any one shed any light? Thanks Mark

    • 4 replies
    • 602 views
    Falcon1546080809
  11. lanab
    Started by lanab,

    hey there does anyone have any idea when west yorkshire are going to be recruting for police officers again?- i have heard something about it being not till mid next year? i am currently a special for north yorkshire (still in training- got 8 saturdays left!) so i want to get as much experience as i can out of the specials then i hope to apply as regular police officer. hope someone can help! thanks lana

    • 1 reply
    • 485 views
  12. kerry1546080985
    Started by kerry1546080985,

    well just found out today i passed my final interview with hampshire so happy cant believe it

    Tim in the South
  13. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Its been a month since i got my A/C results and still havent heard anything regarding fitness/medical dates....how long does it normally take?

    • 2 replies
    • 383 views
  14. jenfur79
    Started by jenfur79,

    So the day I thought would never arrive is around the corner, and I am nervous to say the least! I know I have done my homework, brought the books, done the tests, hijacked friends to do role plays, told myself numerous examples of my interview questions, but still feel underprepared. I would say that this site has been a godsend to me, and has just taken the edge off my worries, so Im very thankful. Last night I drove back (6 hours) from my weeks holiday in Newquay for tomorrow, so I suppose that shows resilience and personal responsibility! LOL! I will then drive back 6 hours to finish the holiday, that probably shows crazyness! :) Wishing anyone else that has thei…

    • 17 replies
    • 831 views
  15. low0003
    Started by low0003,

    Yipee! Got my letter today to say that I passed the A/C. So excited, I couldn't stop shaking. Just Medical and fitness to go now! Loving it. Wooo hoooooooo!

    • 7 replies
    • 420 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.