Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Penny123
    Started by Penny123,

    It's been 2 weeks now since that fateful day !!!... Just wondered if anyone has received their results yet? Hope we've all done well! :sweatingbullets:

    • 18 replies
    • 855 views
  2. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    How guting is it to fail your AC by 1%.... Not happy

    • 13 replies
    • 877 views
  3. Tower
    Started by Tower,

    Get in there, passed the assesment centre, was sure i failed. Any one else heard owt...Hoping for the best for you all! Just waiting on the fitness dates now, anyone remember anything being said about them?

    • 6 replies
    • 334 views
  4. ads1546620148
    Started by ads1546620148,

    Hello all. I am starting my training in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions that I hope people might be able to answer for me...some things I am not certain about. Firstly, I have read through the forums and have seen loads of topics about boots etc..etc...I am certain that when I had my uniform fitting we were told we would be provided with boots. My question is, are the boots you are provided with not very good, therefore, should I think about buying my own before I start? Secondly, are there any things that I should do for the training course that I may not have been told about. i.e. I have received my contract, information pack, and DVD explaining the co…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Is it wise to stop training for a while before your fitness test?? I am unsure on whether to train right up to the test or dtop a week or so before hand. My training regime isnt brutal, briefly what i do is; Monday - 60 press ups (2x sets 30) + 80 sit ups (2 x sets 40) + 80 dips (1 x set) Tuesday - jog (approx 2 miles) Wednesday - variety of dumbell work Thurday - Football training Friday - maximum Push ups, sit ups and dips (2 sets of each) Saturday - day off Sunday - competitive football match Once every four to six weeks i will replace the 2 mile jog with a 5 miler. My test is in three and a half weeks time. Whatever i decide to do i am not going to play foot…

    • 6 replies
    • 444 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  6. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    I think I have shin splints. Before the pain I used to be able to manage a 40 minute run, with a rest after 10 mins. About two weeks ago I started getting aches in my shins, and my confidence has slipped for some reason, and I am unable to do the initial 10 mins, due to the extreme pain I keep getting, which doesn't help as I have to do a 3 mile run every week as part of the Public Services Course I'm doing, and our FTI is very strict and doesn't understand pain (he's an ex-Marine) I tried running through it, thinking that it's just "muscles I've not used for a while" type of pain, but it's getting worse, and I feel I've made it worse. I don't want to contact my doctor…

    • 7 replies
    • 520 views
  7. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    I am currently banging out sit ups and push ups four times a week (as well as running twice a week) in preperation for my fitness test which is four weeks today and i was just wondering how many push ups and sit ups each forum member could do so that i could compare my levels with everybody elses. Each time i do them i try to beat my last score by one which is starting to become very tricky!!

  8. CovPlod
    Started by CovPlod,

    Well, its been a blur but thanks to being bumped onto a response shift from the neighbourhood team for my tutor period I have managed to get everything done 2 weeks early! How chuffed am I?, more chuffed than a chuffed thing. Bit scary as its all a bit real now!. Start with my proper shift on the 21st, so I only have a few days left of the new Sgt that's just come to my current shift :whistle2: :smiley_notworthy: T

    • 15 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. radders12
    Started by radders12 * ,

    hello all, i have always wated to become a police officer, i have just moved home from university and now want to start a career with the police, only trouble is i have a caution for common assualt and criminal damage. it says on the various websites that i have visited that i am unlikely to be accepted because of the date of the offence unless there were 'mitigating circumstances'. in my opinion there were massive mitigating circs, to cut a long story short i was in a relationship with a partner that was physically abusive towards me, i put up with it all for a long time until one day i retaliated. i am absolutely gutted about this. am i likely to get a straight re…

    • 6 replies
    • 928 views
    Dogs of Blackpool
  10. kirkdaleblue
    Started by kirkdaleblue * ,

    I cant believe i'm actually asking this because it seems so dispraportionate to what has actually occured but here we go: I was caught this morning with my feet on the seat on a train. Not even the actual cushion bit but the metal part (but thats not important) The guy that caught me was wearing a head camera and i've been reading up on it on the internet and 'Merseytravel' go straight to prosecution for this offence. No fixed penalty, yes straight to the magistrates. Now my question is this: If i have to go to court over this and get a fine, will I have a criminal record? Or can a Magistrate court just give a fine and choose not to give me a criminal record. To rui…

    • 8 replies
    • 535 views
  11. Sam3773
    Started by Sam3773,

    Hey all, applications opened today so I'm taking a look through it. (Online, yey!) Was just wondering if anyone knows what I would put in "Fathers address" as I have no idea where he is. Thanks, Sam.

    • 7 replies
    • 551 views
  12. dan11545925561
    Started by dan11545925561,

    Hey everyone I know this may be the wrong forum to post this but I just want to tell the world that I have finally achieved my ambition of being a police officer. Got my letter of acceptance the other day. Thankyou to EVERYONE that has helped me through the application process. Oh and just to indicate how happy I am

  13. jamie2
    Started by jamie2,

    I have been wanting to be a police officer for years but I'm not sure whether I'm made out for the job. Im 17 years old and I live in Scotland. I have 5 Standard Grades all passed at credit level ( this is the highest level for all non-Scottish people) and I have 1 higher ( music ) and 2 intermediate 2's in Information Systems and Maths. My problem is that in 2 years time I want to apply for the police force but unfortunately I have bad eyesight and I smoke . My parents said I could get laser eye surgery and i'm sure I could stop smokin but I'm not sure if I could pass my fitness test. Does anyone have any guidelines or a training regime for the Scottish fitness test? Tha…

    • 4 replies
    • 528 views
  14. FitzTinted
    Started by FitzTinted,

    Hello all, this is my first post on here - a forum recommended by a very kind officer and mate who I went to uni with, in reaction to my asking for advice as I intend to/am applying at the next opportunity. In a nice show of symmetry my approval to post on here arrived on the same day as the application pack! So as a first post i'd like to say hello to all users, and perhaps ask for any advice in a sequence of stickys to read in order to help me fill out the application as well as possible (I'm also toying with paying the £25 for the www.in2police.co.uk service in reviewing your answers to the application questions) and maybe some anecdotal advice on how best to tackle…

    • 7 replies
    • 580 views
  15. Alex-Bolton
    Started by Alex-Bolton,

    I'm currently going throught the recruitment process for the regs. being red green colourblind i'm concerned i won't be able to join. i'm currently working for gmp as a pcso and it wasn't an issue as far as my current role is concerned. i would be devestated if this stops me from joining. can anyone shed light on this situation for me??? cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 483 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.