Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. walks5300
    Started by walks5300,

    Well I recieved my results from A/C last thurs exactly 3 weeks after attending and I must admit I am totally and utterly gutted and disgusted!! I knew I could of done better than I did but honestly did not believe I did as bad as what I got. I recieved D for pretty much everything barring the 2 things that I thought I may have done bad in!! Team work, Race and diversty etc......all D's!!! Now after 8 yrs serving in Her Majesty's finest I really did not expect that. As an Infantryman my whole job was based around teamwork etc so really did not expect to do badly in these areas. I served 2 tours of Northern Ireland - 2 yrs and 6 months - standing in base lines…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. ISL1977
    Started by ISL1977,

    Hi, I've just passed the intial fitness test in the recruitment process. Does anybody know if they will fail a medical solely on BMI figures. I'm not the smallest person and i'm currently losing those pounds!!! . Has anyone joined recently or passed the medical with a high BMI figure? eg. 35,36,37 I have a meeting with occ health next week and they going to have a look at me and advise. cheers!!!

  3. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    I have just completed my application form for West Midlands Police and I am sending it away tomorrow but my handwriting is really bad but it is readable and I have squeezed alot in the competencies area on the application, meaning I havent left any space to breath on the form. Will it matter???

    • 3 replies
    • 463 views
    Tim in the South
  4. simonjandrews
    Started by simonjandrews,

    I am starting on the 15 oct and am trying to get in touch with anybody else who is starting. Cheers

  5. Oztrexx
    Started by Oztrexx,

    Had my medical with Northumbria Police yesterday and passed, so I have only the physical to do then that's it fingers x. I'll have to get out running abit more often now I suppose but hopefully it will be worth it. It has been a long slog getting this far but I'm so pleased the finishing line is in sight

  6. holliesmama
    Started by holliesmama,

    hi all! Im new to posting here, just found this site. im not a police officer, Im a midwife, but my daughter has begun the recruitment process to join the force. Passed the entrance exam, and has the 5 min talk soon. just wondering if anyone has any insight into good research articles/websites, which explore her topic, which is "Racism in the Police Force...Is this an Issue??" shes found some stuff, but needs something a bit meatier to get into! Any help from anyone would be fab! Cheers to all, have a good day!

  7. Corney
    Started by Corney * ,

    Hi, Any one ever transferred to Staffs? I'm coming up to my two years and really want to get back north!! Any information on Staffs would be appreciated!! Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. BuckyBoy
    Started by BuckyBoy,

    As in the title I am preparing for my fitness test for West midlands and am wondering if theres anyway to try it out before the big day since its pretty hard to recreate an obstacle course as opposed to the usual bleep test. I know you get three tries but as with everyone else who wants to join, I dont want any more delays! At the moment im concentrating my my training on stamina build up and can jog a good 2 and a half miles and improving all the time, will i be good enough? I know I can pass the bleep test, but with the obstacle course i'm worried because I cant test myself beforehand and basically I like to know if im going to pass before I even walk in the testing ro…

    The Backwards Man
  9. jenfur79
    Started by jenfur79,

    Hello All, Im hoping someone could clear up a query for me with regards to the role play, and without breaking any confidentiality. When you go to role plays, is there just the one actor for each role play? And the assessor? My query is, when you are trying to sort out an issue for the person, would you just tell them what you would ask and what you would say to the other person involved , or is there a seperate actor who acts as the other party? My A/C is on the 18th and my brain is not letting me sleep at night for ideas and 'what ifs'!!! Hoping someone can answer my question. Thanks, Jen.

    • 3 replies
    • 558 views
  10. mattyoung69
    Started by mattyoung69,

    I've read through the forums and seem to get a mixed bag of answers, im looking to transfer out of my current force BUT have various debts etc, at present I have council tax and water on an A.o.E which would be clear before any move is likely to be made. There are genuine reasons and explanations for them, in that we lost the best part of £800 per month when Labour screwed up the Working & Family tax credits, we were, through no fault of our own, overpaid by around £8k. Would the A.o.E be a big no no or would it be considered? Obviously I would be declaring them on the forms and not try to get round it that way. Thanks in advance.

    • 0 replies
    • 775 views
  11. Harley boy
    Started by Harley boy,

    Just wondering if anyone here has a start date for South Yorkshire Police. I am waiting for an email from the recruiting department but used my work email as oposed to my personal email address, and am not back at work til Monday! Thanks AJ

    • 2 replies
    • 715 views
  12. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Hi everyone. Well, all was going well but i've hit a problem. I've recently just done my A Levels at college, and i've never had any intention of going to Uni. There were classes at college called Tutorials, i went to these at first, but quickly discovered that there was no point as it was all centred around Uni applications and UCAS forms. I stopped going, occasionally turning up to see if there was anything of interest or relevance. On my part, this was not an 'I can't be bothered to go...' but a case of wasting mine and other peoples time if i did. My time was better spent studying. My references have just been contacted, so i thought i'd pop into college to see if the…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Gorbash1546620137
    Started by Gorbash1546620137,

    Hi guys Just a quick one any advice here would be absolutley brilliant. Right I'll start from the beginning. In 1999 I suffered a major fracture at the top of my shin bone where my Cruciate ligament attaches, the fragment of bone then still attached to the ligament spun around inside my knee joint and sliced it to pieces. I had an operation to fix my knee and after nearly 2 yaers I was back to my normal sports mad self. I joined the RAF in 2002 with no problems at all, went through training and played all kinds of mad full contact sports and still suffered no problems. In 2005 my knee gave way and I waited nearly 18 months to have an operation on it, everything we…

    • 6 replies
    • 649 views
  14. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    What's the point of learning the 7 competencies by heart? It's not that your going to use it the exact way you have learned it or write it down in the written excercises? Shoaib

    • 3 replies
    • 532 views
    Tim in the South
  15. Hope2B
    Started by Hope2B,

    Hi, A bit confused. I am hoping to apply to the Met. I will be attending a seminar next week to received an application form. I have been reading through some of the topics on the forum and there is reference to the SET and PIRT. I have seen examples of both but would be be grateful If someone could tell me which one is used. I am fairly confident looking through the papers my only worry is that the Maths will slow me down. Never was my best subject and never did like exams! Any tips on practising. Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 931 views
    Tim in the South

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.