Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi everyone OK,,, I'm worried. Doing ok in the bleep test - getting to level 6 in my garden lol..... but I am now worried about the Push and Pull as part of the fitness test. I have 3 weeks to prepare for this, and have phoned my local Gym who have said, basically, you can't prepare yourself for it in just 3 weeks. So, what does it entail? Is it a rowing machine with 35kg weights? how many do you have to do? how many chances do you get? HELP! Abbie ------------------------- letter received - sucessful 27/07/07 Final Interview/fitness test 29.08.07 Hampshire Constabulary

    • 6 replies
    • 827 views
  2. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All Failed the A/C in March by 1%. Received a letter from Hampshire recalling me back for another assessment day (oh god)! and a fitness test. Letter said that actually I DO meet all the core competencies they are looking for!! Anyone else had a letter? I thought it could be a interview & fitness for ½ day, but phoned recruiting who said it was another A/C, but slightly different. They would'nt say what was planned.... oh blimey, just the thought of another A/C is awful. Would be great to hear from anyone else going in Aug/Sept from the Isle of Wight or south coast area. Thanks everyone Abbie x

  3. Tufty
    Started by Tufty,

    My conditional offer arrived today! Can't quite believe it but I'm over the moon. Also been told provisionally where I'll be working, Western division.....meep! Anyone else starting in Essex soon?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. Tourist
    Started by Tourist,

    Has anyone who passed the A/C for North Yorks in June had their feedback info? I attended in June and received a letter confirming I had passed but due to unforseen problems their would be a delay of up to 4 weeks issuing the feedback info (scores) As of today, still no info. Has anyone who passed the A/C for North Yorks in June attended the final interview, medical or fitness test yet? Tourist.

  5. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    After finding out what your eyesight needed to be in order to join the police, I've been a little worried because my eyes are really bad. I went for my Contact Lenses trial yesterday, and asked my optician about it. So he told me to have a look at the chart. I can view the fifth line down with my right eye, and the third one down with my left eye. With contacts I can see the whole chart. Apparently though that is good enough, so I'm rather happy about that. It's 6/12 you need with aided vision, no?

    • 1 reply
    • 418 views
    andy178981546620138
  6. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN COMPLETE THE FULL APPLICATION FORM IN CAPITAL BLOCK LETTERS INCLUDING THE COMPETANCY QUESTIONS AND ALL OTHER AREAS? SECONDLY IS IT ALLRIGHT I PUT PUT N/A OR NOT APPLICABLE IN THE FIELDS WHERE I'VE LEFT IT BLANK, THANKS AND PLEASE POST REPLY'S ASAP. AND ALSO I LIVE IN THE LONDON AREA, CAN I APPLY FOR WEST MIDLANDS POLICE?

    • 5 replies
    • 587 views
  7. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi, just wondered how everyone's getting on with their pre traing cd? I didnt realise how much work there was to do! do you reckon we're expected to know it all by the time we start on day 1? i'm a bit worried now that i wont be able to remember it all! anyone else feel the same?

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    Tolca1546619968
  8. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hello u lot Well, had my interview and fitness test today. The bad news is I woke at 3am with a splitting headache and tummy upset... not a good start. I got to level 5 but missed the line at the other end, and as I turned I had a huge stitch in my groin.... agony! Good news that I passed the push/pull. Got to 50kg... not bad for a little lass!!!! And the interview.... waited 2 hours, but had great interviewers, and I think I did blummin well. Will know by Friday. Re-take fitness in 4 weeks.... any advice as to how I can get fitter in that time? The gym looked around 20m and the bleeps allot faster than my download! Abbie x -------------------------------------…

  9. PC Surname
    Started by PC Surname,

    Well, the good news is I'm in! I start with Bedfordshire Police on 24th September. Congratulations to anyone else who recently received similar good news. However when they were doing my final credit checks they noticed I had a mortgage still running on an address I don't live at any more. This is because I rent out the one bedroom house as the rental income is only just less that my mortgage repayments. I now live with my wife and family in a rented property. It hadn't occured to me to make recruitment aware of this at the time of application. Having reflected on this I can understand totally why Beds Police would want to know a little more about this and how it might a…

    • 2 replies
    • 566 views
  10. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Hi everyone. I passed my A/C on the 22nd August for West Mids. Just wondering how long the checks normally take??? Also, is it advisable to give recruitment a ring to see how things are going and if there is anything you could do to speed it up??? Like chasing up your references!!! Any advise would be great. Thanks!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 323 views
  11. shoaib89
    Started by shoaib89,

    Hi everyone! I am thinking of applying to WMP, as my 6 months is up but before I apply I have few questions which i would like answered, Thanks. First of all What is the pass mark for WMP? 2. How long do I have to wait to get an date for the a/c. 3. If I pass the a/c how long will I have to wait to be offered a job and a start date? 4. Do I need a FULL licence before applying? And lastly is it posible to apply online? becuase I have tried but no luck! Thanks people and please post replys.

    • 2 replies
    • 687 views
  12. carolwar1546620144
    Started by carolwar1546620144,

    Hi all, well woke up the other day to find that the postmand had delivered a letter from recruitment........however the excitement of thinking what can it be, didn't last too long. Well it has now been confirmed to all of us who are applying to North Yorks that the process has been halted at the moment.... "One of the immediate outcomes of this review is that a decision has been made to postpone any planned student officer intakes for the rest of this financial year i.e. until the end of March 2008. In practical terms this means that your application will be placed on a holding list until we are in a position to continue with the recuitment process. At this stage i am…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. sarah_173
    Started by sarah_173,

    Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts for a couple of days. I am having trouble getting my sickness record from my employer. I know of 2 occassions in the last 2 years that I have had off for small ops but 3 years ago, I can't think of any so asked my employer for my sickness record. My branch manager has been off for 3 weeks now and although I have been leaving answerphone messages for her to call me she hasn't replied. I would understand her not ringing me back if it wasn't for the fact she has called others at work who tried calling her after I have. I have even left messages for HR to fax it to me but still nothing! Want to send m…

    • 2 replies
    • 422 views
  14. SME35
    Started by SME35,

    Just to inform anyone out there who is still waiting for an AC date with A & S that they probably won't run anymore this year! Have just spoken to recruitment who inform me that they still have to give out dates for fitness and medicals for those that have recently passed the AC so they will not know for quite a while when the next AC will be. Having passed the application process in December 06 and having been told that the AC will be late Autumn this year i'm not best pleased to learn that i've got to wait until next year now - arggghhhhhh!

    • 6 replies
    • 335 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  15. DebbieMcN85
    Started by DebbieMcN85,

    Currently applying for B.T.P. Got my A/C date in October, but i have no idea what to expect..... Can someone fill me in? D. x

    • 1 reply
    • 571 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.