Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    I think MOD police are one of those accepting people with scores with less than 60% at the assessment centre. I know of someone who applied to a certain 'shire' force and scored 58% and MOD Police have accepted his score and he is now progressing his application with them.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Thought this may be useful information for anyone considering their motivations and expectations questions. This topic is now closed, but feel free to start a new one here:- http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4737

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Does anyone know the latest with regards Durham recruitment?

    • 0 replies
    • 551 views
  4. Sam3773
    Started by Sam3773,

    Hey all, been a while since I last posted. Since then me and my girlfriend have decided to move to Cardiff next september. There-fore I'm aiming to get into the South Wales police by that date, meaning I'll have to apply this year, what with the process being so long for applications. I was just wondering if there's a pattern for when forces open recruitment for police officers? I heard that south Wales and Gwent usually start recruiting in september, or is it one of those things I'd have to ring the force about? Or am I way off and it's completely random? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 479 views
  5. Viks
    Started by Viks * ,

    I have been given a provisional date of 15th October 2007 to begin, if all my security checks are clear. I am wondering if anyone has heard anything from GMP that they are defiantly starting on that date.

    • 7 replies
    • 706 views
  6. richy82
    Started by richy82,

    Hello Everyone I have just passed my Final interview and im waiting for my start date for the Hampshire Police.. Has anyone else just got in? What happerns next?

    • 3 replies
    • 687 views
  7. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    ive just found out ive been unsuccesful in my pre assesment interview, im absolutley gutted. i think the reason i failed is because of nerves, because i had been preparing well in advance and had answers to all the questions that came up. my interview was scheduled for 1pm. but they made a mistake and forgot i was there and so i didnt go in until 2pm so by then i was extremely nervous and found it very hard, is there any way of appealing the decision?

    • 4 replies
    • 563 views
  8. MOOMOO1
    Started by MOOMOO1,

    Hi Is anyone on the WYP Assessment Centre on the 29th Aug. If so good luck to you all xx

    • 7 replies
    • 304 views
  9. Jess Biggins
    Started by Jess Biggins,

    I failed my fitness test today. It was the last step before I get my Specials start date confirmed! And the requirements weren't even that hard as it turned out! I had to get to level 5 on the bleep test, and 35 on push/pull. I got 3.something on the bleep test, 26 for push and 27 for pull. I was the only 18-year-old petite girl there, and the rest were like 25-year-old hugely built males. I felt kind of stupid, but having come this far, I am going to try SO hard to improve my fitness levels before my second chance at it. Question - how should I go about building up my arm muscles? Would just lifting more weights at home do the trick? I'm a drummer so I found it strange …

  10. Salsoul
    Started by Salsoul,

    Anyone had their results from the Cheshire assessment centre 11th & 12th August?

    • 0 replies
    • 411 views
  11. andy178981546620138
    Started by andy178981546620138,

    i have my medical for the MOD police in two weeks. a few things im a little worried about.. i had migraines when i was at school, last had one recorded 2 or three years ago. also i failed my medical for the RAF, on asthma, they require four years asthma free, i havent had asthma since 2001, but last year had bronchitis where the gp prescribed an inhaler and steroids, specifically for asthma, which he told me to use only if the antibiotics didnt clear it up, i never used them but because they were prescirbed i failed for the raf. Finally i had my appendix removed just over two motnhs ago, but complegted the fitness test no problem and am fit and healthy again is there …

    • 5 replies
    • 795 views
    andy178981546620138
  12. Altair
    Started by Altair,

    I thought I would share a few bits of advice for those of you who are due to go to the assessment centre. I passed it first time round with no aids such as books, cd roms or private courses, so maybe you might be able to benifit and take something away from this. Nerves I think a major, major part of the "make or break" stories are how you cope with your nerves. Those of us who can deal with the butterflies and the nerves tend to be able to think better I would say. Imagine it like your driving test, you were nervous but you kept those nerves in check and concentrated on the tasks at hand - well it's the same story for the assessment centre. Be prepared to be nervous w…

    • 7 replies
    • 984 views
  13. PC.Parker
    Started by PC.Parker,

    Hi Everyone, I would just like to introduce myself as Im new to the forum and have just got my start date for Humberside. I start my training on 10th September and not really looking forward to 4 months stuck in a class room studying law. Hopefully I will be on here a bit now that im a student and probably will have loads of questions so untill I can think of some.. See ya, Shaun.

    • 20 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. greghill00
    Started by greghill00,

    Hello everyone, I am planning to apply for the Hampshire Police. I am thirty years of age. I have two concerns: 1) I am five foot six inches and of slim build. This does not bother me, I like to think I have the communication skills and confidence to work through it. However, I do worry it would be a point of difficulty in, say, arrest situations or that it would affect my future chances of promotion. Does anyone have any experience or comments on such issues? 2) A few (about five) years ago I ran into financial troubles and did not pay some credit card bills to the sum of about four thousand pounds and I also became overdrawn on my bank account by about one thousand p…

    • 1 reply
    • 802 views
  15. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All Have my interview and Fitness test on the 29th August for Hampshire. Some have said that it is a "walk in the park" and that the A/C was harder. Any tips would be gr8. I just don't wanna mess up! Thanks Guys Abbie x ---------------------------- passed everything Interview/fitness 29/8/07 Hampshire Constabulary

    • 1 reply
    • 749 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.