Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mac76
    Started by Mac76,

    Hi all, I have just applied to Northumbria Police and I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to get a decision on whether your application form has been accepted?

  2. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Hi guys I have my final interview on wednesday and I just wondered what is the best way to prepare? How much detail do I need to know about demographics and the force etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Matt

    • 9 replies
    • 657 views
    Tim in the South
  3. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    I got my letter today saying im successful in the shortlisting and my interviews on the 10th, im very excited but at the same time worried. is there any way to find out what i scored on the application?

    • 1 reply
    • 257 views
    Tim in the South
  4. Plod29
    Started by Plod29,

    Got my transfer interview for TVP tomorrow. Any advice?

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  5. lindseyjwhite
    Started by lindseyjwhite,

    Just a quick question, If I was to join a Scottish police force how easy would it be to transfer to an english force later on in the future, if at all?? Am I right in thinking the laws are some what different? Fantastic Forum by the way!!

    • 1 reply
    • 531 views
  6. sarahjaynek
    Started by sarahjaynek,

    Hiya my names Sarah and i am 22 years old. I have just completed my first year in Bsc Forensic Biology. I have known ive wanted to join the police since i was in college 5 years ago, but i thought my age would go against my application. I am now wondering if my degree would actually give me more chance of being accepted into the police and particually progressing up the ranks or if you can progress with just work experience in the police alone. All opinions would be appreciated. sarahjaynek2007-06-29 13:13:13

  7. 12345678910
    Started by 12345678910,

    • 5 replies
    • 356 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  8. hurmund
    Started by hurmund,

    How much preperation did you do for the bleep test? I have strained my calf through cramp believe it or not. My fitness test is only three weeks away! Not sure how much preperation I will be able to get in between now and then.

    • 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    I applied for Northumbria not long ago. Has anyone heard back? If so, how do they contact you? E-mail, phone? What did they say?

  10. djnickwatt
    Started by djnickwatt,

    I'm currently trying to prepare myself for the written proposal exercies which are part of the assessment centre. I was just wondering whether anyone had any examples which I could use to practise. Thanks Nick

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  11. kerry1546080985
    Started by kerry1546080985,

    well just found out i have my final interview with hampshire on the 5th september i have to also do a 5 min presentation on why i want to be a police officer etc etc, sounds like fun they said its a competency interview so could i aslo be asked questions on the force and campaigns etc

    kerry1546080985
  12. Friar Up
    Started by Friar Up,

    This is one for recent Herts recruits. Could someone let me know what the typical take home pay packet was as a trainee? This would be working on the standard deductions - tax, feds and pension. I've just been paid for 10 days, and it is nowhere near what I was expecting. Many thanks.

  13. Haggismonster
    Started by Haggismonster,

    Hi - I am seriously considering applying for Strathclyde Police. I e-mailed the recruiment section at Strathclyde with a few queries, the main one being what type of experience are the police looking for (ie should I try volunteering and if so what type of work should I look to become involved in to help my application). I was told that the waiting list is now 2 years as Strathclyde are slowing their recruitment drive and the only advice about volunteering they can give me is to suggest applying for the Special Constabulary - but if I do that then I can't apply for a PC role for a further year? Does anyone have any thoughts on what I should do? Should I jus…

    Haggismonster
  14. lukec64
    Started by lukec64,

    Hi All, I have now had the phone call asking to me to come in for assessment I am making sure maths and that is up to scratch again. But what else should I be looking at. I haven't been sent any thing.

    • 3 replies
    • 403 views
  15. summer
    Started by summer,

    Whats involved and are you told there and then if you have passed ?

    • 1 reply
    • 315 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.