Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sharan
    Started by sharan,

    Hey, I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions for me: Does the financial check only bring up the same data that credit agencies like Experian and Equifax have? My next question: There have been periods of employment history where I have worked for a few companies and I simply just didn't turn up to my next shift. This was because I was having a few issues at home and due to this was not able to work. Because of this I have also got a few periods of unemployment. This happened over a period of 3years. This was a good few years ago, about 3-4years ago! I have since been in my current job for about 2.5 years and have managed to sort out the iss…

  2. 5th time lucky!?
    Started by 5th time lucky!?,

    By the way they are still phoning round re September intake, and will be doing so for the next couple of weeks or so.

    • 1 reply
    • 468 views
    Tim in the South
  3. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Well guys the last eight weeks have flown past and my A & S A/C is tomorrow. My feelings are split really, part of me want's it to be here as i want to get on with it, but the other half of me doesn't as i am starting to feel a few nerves!! Just one quick query, am i right in thinking that you dont need to take writing equipment with you? Just yourself and your passport? Cheers guys.

    • 47 replies
    • 2.6k views
  4. hoggy1545925539
    Started by hoggy1545925539,

    Hello I have just received my application pack for Lothian&Borders Force. Can anybody help me with the written assesment? they are asking to write about "important issues in policing scotland in the 21st century". Are there any certain issues i should mention? Any web sites for info? Help greatly appreciated.

  5. cbc
    Started by cbc,

    I know everyone always comes out of Assessment centre convinced that they've failed, but there you go. I'm pretty happy with the Interview (the bit that was actually worrying me!), fairly confident about the reports writing (despite realising that I'd misread the question with less than 5 minutes to go and having to go back and do a lot of rapid corrections!), and dead confident about the numerical/verbal reasoning (I come from an academic background, so those were always going to be easy bit for me). The more observant reader will notice that I haven't mentioned the interactive exercises. This is because I think I messed them up completely. Now, given that each compete…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    Found out today I achieved 67% on my A/C for the MoD! Very happy.

    • 6 replies
    • 825 views
    dad1546620122
  7. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    Hi all I have my Interview for the Northants Regs on Thursday - It is a funny way around, as I have already passed my A/C. I have typed out a load of questions that I think I may get asked, and also have a Photocopy of my App form for ref. I have read my diversity leaflet that has been sent, but still don't feel as if I have done enough. I have had a look at the Northants Website, and found population, BCU information etc, but don't have a clue where I am likely to be posted, so can't concentrate on one particular area..... Can anybody offer any advice?

    • 7 replies
    • 451 views
  8. Jay2075
    Started by Jay2075,

    Hello all, usual sort of question for a wannbe officer. My partner works 3 evenings a week, Mon-Wed-Fri with hours of 9.pm till 2.am. On these nights I look after my baby daughter (and sleep), but of course once I have joined the force getting these nights at home may prove nigh on impossible. Do you think its probable that being a probationer (and maybe having an understanding sgt) I could arrange shifts so that I could be home to do my bit for the family, or is this just wishful thinking? Ok - stop laughing and just give me an honest answer! PS If anyone can let me know the take home pay for a probationer in the first 2 years training I would also be very grateful. I…

    • 7 replies
    • 589 views
    Kopite1546619987
  9. glee
    Started by glee,

    hi all I have my fitness test for for the specials on thursday but I still havnt received my medical results due to my hearing .I've phoned OH to see if a decision has been made and they said it should be done this week(they said this last week!) what happens if my results are not back in time for the fitness?as I have a feeling they won't be.

    • 1 reply
    • 320 views
    Tim in the South
  10. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All I have the fitness test and interview at the end of August, and have been preparing myself for the bleep test. I bought a CD off eBay with the bleep test on it, and am up to level 5-6 and always beat the bleep at each end before they go off! Question is, how slow do you start off, and how fast do you have to run towards the end, and how long do you run in total? I am small, a little overweight, but relatively fit. Will I struggle? Finally, is there still a grip test? Sorry guys, any answers will be great. Abbie ------------------ Fitness/interview 29/8/07 Hampshire Constabulary

    • 7 replies
    • 626 views
    andy178981546620138
  11. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Ive got my assessment centre on 15th August with West Mids and have been trying to get my head around all the maths stuff, could anyone give me some decent websites to practice from or tips etc on what to expect? its been 8 years since ive done maths and ive pretty much forgotten everything! and time is running out! also, what can i expect to have to deal with for the written test? any help on that would also be great....

    • 7 replies
    • 471 views
  12. britoonz
    Started by britoonz,

    Hello everyone, My name is Brian - New here! 1st post is reguarding the SET exams. I sat the test on the 30th July 07. But recieved my results yestarday. I was gutted to see that I failed the exam! I was wondering if anyone else here sat the test and failed it too? For me I found the Information Handling pretty- complicated! There was one question where you had to complete a months shift rota. As for the Math - I found it rather frustrating that to do your working outs you had ONE sheet of paper at the BACK of the test paper. That was poorly set up. We were'nt aloud to use spare LOOSE paper. I think I would have done better if they aloud that. Instead I think I m…

    • 1 reply
    • 937 views
    Tim in the South
  13. catsandtrees
    Started by catsandtrees,

    Hi, can you tell me if a) I can opt out of the police pention initially and then opt back in maybe 6 months after I join? b)do you get death in service cover and if so how many times your salary etc? and c) should I notify any life insurance companies that I have joined the police etc ie could it effect my insurance premiums etc. Just trying to work out money and life insurance etc and this info will help alot. Thanks,

  14. harveydog
    Started by harveydog * ,

    I have passed the intial assessment and have my medical next week. Last year I was diagnosed with mild OCD and put on prozac for a year. I feel fine now, never had a day off work because of it. Will they turn me down if I am on these tablets?

    • 2 replies
    • 932 views
  15. Masterwatts
    Started by Masterwatts,

    Hi everyone, I have applied to Northumbria and been successful up to the medical stage which is on 6th June. No questions have been asked yet but I have had 2 knee operations in last 5 years to repair cartiledge and also had a Kidney removed when I was 6 years old. Spoke to many officers who said should be ok but any thoughts? Knee can get sore but can run just stops me playing Football etc... Having just 1 Kidney has not affected me so far? Cheers Jeff

    • 16 replies
    • 867 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.